Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 05:15 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,412 times

Advertisements

Citydata you need to lighten up a bit your are way too obsessed with FB and who does or does not befriend you. It is nice you are getting an education but that is not the end all there is such a thing as life experience and I fear you are in for a shock when you leave the academic world. Your anger and condensation of the rest of the world will not go very far.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
I thought I was going to have a bad day today and needed to vent, however I was mistaken it’s tomorrow instead! And after reading the last several posts I don’t think I’m the guy with any problems nor do I need to vent tonight. It's maybe best to take it one day at a time and leave those bad yesterdays behind us.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 PM

2,534 posts, read 2,255,760 times
Crazy drivers... I'm not included in the bunch

I just wanted to vent about traffic in Atlanta on Peachtree Industrial, 316, 85 S & N-bound. I still can't figure out how people forget to drive each day. Same one passenger car's hopping out of the carpool lane (without signaling) to avoid the cops, thus cutting off traffic flowing at high speeds. No wonder there are so many accidents!!!

Another thing, the back roads and shortcuts are getting worse heading into Buckhead from Peachtree Industrial/Peachtree Rd south of 285. All the construction in the world can't handle the amount of traffic. Rush hour until 7:30pm so tiring. Can't wait to move into the city! Whew, had to get that out!

Old 04-12-2011, 11:48 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
My dogs and cats all sleeping why can't I?

I could hear a pin drop, don't ya just hate that, well maybe those of you with kids would welcome those times. I do hear my mind, doing its quick hop from thought to thought, those rusting gears are noisy. If only the rest of me was a fast as my brain is ticking away, I could get some serious work done. At least one of my dogs, Lem, broke the silence with a snoring sonata in Beagle Major. It's cute when they snore.

Well I'll watch a movie or old show on you tube. take care all.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:42 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Getting really tired of some hypocrites in my life...

I have one soda (rarely drink the stuff) while the smoking cancer survivor proceeds to tell me how bad soda is for the body!

I've been a lacto ovo vegetarian for over 25 years, and this person proceeds to tell me that I should be a vegan like them because that is the only true vegetarian. Said person is now chowing down on everything meat because they needed it in their diet. In the begining it was only free range... but that didn't last long.

They hate the government, but like to impose their views on everyone around them. They hate the police, but if something goes wrong they're the first on the phone to the police. They love our troops, but are the first to post discriminating video of our troops online before knowing both sides of the story...

I really think I need to start a back away plan and keep some folks at arms length...

Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
I know what u mean tea, tea. Liars r a problem for me... I suppose that is sorta like hypocrites too. But what's a person to do about it??? My best friends our people online now. I know that probably should not be the case, but my real life friends and family... Well thank God for my online excursions. I think u just got to bear with me, love them anyway and if u can't do from close up, do it from far away.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:54 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
My dogs and cats all sleeping why can't I?

I could hear a pin drop, don't ya just hate that, well maybe those of you with kids would welcome those times. I do hear my mind, doing its quick hop from thought to thought, those rusting gears are noisy. If only the rest of me was a fast as my brain is ticking away, I could get some serious work done. At least one of my dogs, Lem, broke the silence with a snoring sonata in Beagle Major. It's cute when they snore.

Well I'll watch a movie or old show on you tube. take care all.
Right, and if you do manage to fall asleep, seems two minutes later the blasted alarm clock is going off. That happens to me sometimes. I then begin to wonder, "did I manage to get any sleep"? big yawn. Better luck tomorrow in the sleep department, eh?

A snoring sonata in Beagle Major . lol. That cracked me up, esp since I've got a member of the family that has some form of Beagle/Daschound in her. And yes, she can snore. Thanks for the laugh. Wanted to rep ya but you know 'bout spreading the love I'm sure.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:10 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
We have a neighbor who recently lost his wife and, after having turned in his drivers license at the age of 80, has decided that he can now drive, even tho he has very little use of his legs (he's disabled) and admitted to me that his reflexes are so bad that he'll probably never be able to get his license back. This man has demonstrated time and again that he has absolutely no grasp on reality.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
The cost of summer school!

My youngest has to go in order to pass a couple of classes. This was her first year of High School and apparently she was overwhelmed ( her word, not mine ) by the experience. Anyway, she failed two classes. Now, in order for her to pass them, it's gonna cost $185 per class.

I thought our taxes, in part, funded public schools. God knows we pay enough of them!

Guess it's my turn to be overwhelmed.

Right now, I miss the good old days when you could beat your kids. Lol.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:54 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
We have a neighbor who recently lost his wife and, after having turned in his drivers license at the age of 80, has decided that he can now drive, even tho he has very little use of his legs (he's disabled) and admitted to me that his reflexes are so bad that he'll probably never be able to get his license back. This man has demonstrated time and again that he has absolutely no grasp on reality.
That’s scary! Not “all” people in their 80s have issues or problems however all seniors should have to prove they’re capable of driving in order to get a state drivers license. Again, not all seniors have a problem but some do and the state should sort out the ones who need to be kept off the roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics