Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 09:24 AM

1,204 posts, read 2,527,096 times

Advertisements

I can't stand it when my husband chooses work over us!

Called him the other day cuz I went to pick my 9 year old up from school and my car wouldn't start. I called the neighbor to see if she could pick her up, not home. I would have walked to get her but I broke my toe and can't walk that far. Called my husband, told him what was going on and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I'm in a staff meeting", I was like ok, F it and hung up. I called the school and asked them to get a message to my daughter to find our neighbor and let her know what happend and if she could bring her home. We always see her at the school pick up so I knew my daughter would find her, she always stands in the same place.

My husband gets home from work and I just go ballistic. I told him that I nor our daughter will ever be 2nd to his job and he better figure out his priorities. Also said, he should have known that he was my last resort and should have just said, ok, on my way, let me call you back in a minute. Gotten out of the meeting then called me back. I was soooo pissed and kinda still am.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:16 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
I don’t understand it. We’ve had another burglary in the area and a number of residents are angry and upset. Well, yes I do understand their being angry but “they” need to take more “personal” action instead of yelling that the city police need to do something. Each of us have a responsibility to protect our homes and property, you can’t leave it up to an officer who is working a much larger area.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to see better police services however the city wanted to reduce the number of employees and now we have fewer people trying to do more work with less focus on how well they do their job.

We’re having more neighborhood meetings about this topic and the crime of home burglary, but this has been an issue off and on for years. Yes, I’ll be attending the meeting and yet I’ll be visiting with the city councilman for our area, and yes I’ll be pushing for more things to be done. I simply don’t want to see people demanding things that they don’t do for themselves first. Stopping crime requires everyone to keep their eyes open and watching for things that are out of the ordinary in their neighborhood. If you see something call the crimestop number and report it.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:17 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
Someone told me they have more reasons to die than to live, but was not considering doing anything foolish. I didn't have a really good argument cause it caught me so off guard. The person is way smarter than I and far more stable. I didn't know people calculated the value of their own life in terms of dollars and cents. It is hard to formulate an argument against numbers. However I presented a good case for hope- as long as u r breathing there is always hope. Still it is disturbing and sad to have to make that case.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:26 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Computer desk is broken. In all his wisdom, when DH bought the bedroom suite, he bought a cheap a&& desk. It's that press board stuff. Well, the screws to the pull-out shelf for the keyboard have been falling out, one by one. Each time I find one, I give it to him and tell him it's from the desk. Yesterday, I said something needed to be done with the pull-out, that it was listing to the left and doing funny things. Yeh, yeh. Of course, we can't do it on anyone else's schedule. It has to be when teh Muse strikes. Well, this morning, I came in to look something up, pulled out the chair and the shelf fell down from the left and hung at a 90 degree angle. So I went out and told him. You know what his response was? "Well, you know..... we need a new computer." Huh???? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the darned computer! Yes, there are issues but I don't think we need to go spend lots of $$ on a new one when I'm sure it's just something weird that's going on that can be fixed. NOt a word about the desk. I think we're coming up on a hubby auction real soon here.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:30 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I don’t understand it. We’ve had another burglary in the area and a number of residents are angry and upset. Well, yes I do understand their being angry but “they” need to take more “personal” action instead of yelling that the city police need to do something. Each of us have a responsibility to protect our homes and property, you can’t leave it up to an officer who is working a much larger area.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to see better police services however the city wanted to reduce the number of employees and now we have fewer people trying to do more work with less focus on how well they do their job.

We’re having more neighborhood meetings about this topic and the crime of home burglary, but this has been an issue off and on for years. Yes, I’ll be attending the meeting and yet I’ll be visiting with the city councilman for our area, and yes I’ll be pushing for more things to be done. I simply don’t want to see people demanding things that they don’t do for themselves first. Stopping crime requires everyone to keep their eyes open and watching for things that are out of the ordinary in their neighborhood. If you see something call the crimestop number and report it.
Vigilant neighbors can, indeed, make a difference, Aks. A couple of months ago, while on my way home from an evening church meeting, I noticed that the moon was especially beautiful. I happened to have my camera in the car, so I pulled into a subdivision, drove around slowly to find a good spot, and stopped in a cul de sac to take some pictures of the moon. I wasn't there for 30 seconds when someone from a nearby house turned a huge spotlight on me! I must've looked pretty suspicious, parking my car on the street at night and getting out with a camera in hand! Although I felt intruded upon, I realized that this was a GOOD thing, that someone in a neighborhood watch group is doing a good job of watching out for themselves and their neighbors. I hopped back into my car and found another neighborhood to take my photos.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:31 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
I woke up at 12:30 AM and never fell back asleep. That's what I get for going to bed at 7:30 last night.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:54 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,415,160 times
What I don't understand is why the hell people who are even in my extended family don't even bother to reply at all when I text message them, or send a facebook message/E-mail just being friendly or asking how it's going etc...WTF is wrong with these selfish idiots? Is it that much of their time to do so and they just can't be bothered? Screw them, I'll never bother with them again then they'll be guilty, and good. Actually, they probably won't even care anyway. Since this stupid family break up and having to know this extended family joke it seems they've never made any attempt to get to know me or anything, are just not interested, and ignore any attempt I make to be friendly. Maybe they heard I have autism or something and just ignore me or assume I'm some kind of freak, hell knows WTF it is, but they're hardly to be considered family, they can get lost.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:05 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Thumbs up re: men and their tools-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Computer desk is broken. In all his wisdom, when DH bought the bedroom suite, he bought a cheap a&& desk. It's that press board stuff. Well, the screws to the pull-out shelf for the keyboard have been falling out, one by one. Each time I find one, I give it to him and tell him it's from the desk. Yesterday, I said something needed to be done with the pull-out, that it was listing to the left and doing funny things. Yeh, yeh. Of course, we can't do it on anyone else's schedule. It has to be when teh Muse strikes. Well, this morning, I came in to look something up, pulled out the chair and the shelf fell down from the left and hung at a 90 degree angle. So I went out and told him. You know what his response was? "Well, you know..... we need a new computer." Huh???? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the darned computer! Yes, there are issues but I don't think we need to go spend lots of $$ on a new one when I'm sure it's just something weird that's going on that can be fixed. NOt a word about the desk. I think we're coming up on a hubby auction real soon here.
lol, I have 3 of those cardboard things stored in 2 car garage...ex and ex-boyfriend "had to have" tools, jigsaw, Skag, shop-vac...etc...and NONE of it was organized...EVER....thousands in tools and machinery, I cant even find a screwdriver---

The handyman fixing my house is getting it all 4free...sigh: what a relief to be divorced and have a nice clean organized basement again...

Old 09-12-2011, 04:27 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If it makes you 2 feel any better...My father left when I was 2, and my Mother died when I was 15 and I was on my own.
I'm 56 and many times, I've dreamed about what it would be like to grow up
with parents to Love and support you.
My Mom died when I was 20-I was away at college it was a shock- It took me 10 yrs to..deal with it...I still love and miss her every day..My dad was never there emotionally and lived a long time...you have good people in your life just seek them out.

My Moms spirit keeps me going, Im not religious but I know she wanted a good life 4me...as your Mom prolly would just my 2 cents...and years of analysis, lol

Old 09-12-2011, 06:41 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
What I don't understand is why the hell people who are even in my extended family don't even bother to reply at all when I text message them, or send a facebook message/E-mail just being friendly or asking how it's going etc...WTF is wrong with these selfish idiots? Is it that much of their time to do so and they just can't be bothered? Screw them, I'll never bother with them again then they'll be guilty, and good. Actually, they probably won't even care anyway. Since this stupid family break up and having to know this extended family joke it seems they've never made any attempt to get to know me or anything, are just not interested, and ignore any attempt I make to be friendly. Maybe they heard I have autism or something and just ignore me or assume I'm some kind of freak, hell knows WTF it is, but they're hardly to be considered family, they can get lost.
I understand how you feel. I have the same situation.
Our Mother died in 1971, we were kids, the family split up. The rest of the kids were in touch with each other, but I never met them again until 2004.
We talk once in awhile on FB, (the family has it's own page).
I understand that they don't know me that well since the split up, but some of the responses I get(which is few) (even from cousins) makes me feel that they'd rather go on with life without me. And(seriously) the way things are going, it looks like they'll be gettin' their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics