Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:53 PM

54,485 posts, read 33,816,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
WOW!. Today's lesson, boys and girls, is "don't mess with AliceT"...
Or Magnum Mike..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 10:07 PM

2,870 posts, read 3,365,602 times
Today's Question(s):

What's the most daring thing you have ever done ?
hmmm.... daring is in the eye of the beholder... I've done so many things that many people would find 'daring' but didn't seem that way to me... to me daring is doing something even though you are afraid to do it... so even though I have worked in war zones, missed being blown up by fanatics more times than I can count and wandered around areas of the world where young, blue eyed, pale skinned females are prime targets for being stolen for all types of horrible human or even organ trades... none of these things were 'daring' to me... the one thing I've done that was very daring to me would be quite simple to many other people, but it was horribly terrifying for me, therefore I feel it was my most daring action.... I went for a quick swim in the Pacific Ocean at night, in DARK OPEN WATERS!!! I still get a slight panic attack EVERY time I think about it... it was a horribly daring thing for me to do!!! And its something I hope I NEVER do again!!!

Bonus Question:

What was for breakfast today ?
Skipped Breakfast, BAAAAAADDDD GIRL,,, (hey maybe that's why today was such a bad day for me!)

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have a corkscrew in your home ?
I have a collection of about a dozen or so corkscrews that are uniquely shaped or formed.

Are you able to remove the cork in one piece or do you have "cork removal issues" ?
Maybe 8 out of 10, I get the cork in one go... but there are some bottles that give me a run for my money!

Just for fun :

When was the last time you "flew a kite"
I've never flown a kite.

What "Quirky" title would you come up with for a "Country Song"
"My Badger Left Me for A Roaming Beaver!"

Paella: Yay or Nay
Yay - so long as the cook makes sure to remove the heads of whatever crustration they choose to add to the mix!

Old 03-27-2009, 10:19 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,781,692 times
hello...

Today's Question(s):

What's the most frightening thing you have ever done ? keeping the family calm (even when your scare sh*tless) through two hurricanes that hit Rhode Island back in the mid 80's.. Bob and Carol

Bonus Question:

What was for breakfast today ? tea with honey and toast with PB

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have a corkscrew in your home ? not needed with a box of wine

Are you able to remove the cork in one piece or do you have "cork removal issues" ?

Just for fun :

When was the last time you "flew a kite" 15 years ago

What "Quirky" title would you come up with for a "Country Song" Grampa sat on a Bee

Paella: Yay or Nay .... uh.... what?

Today in History:
1790 - The shoelace invented
1791 - shoe invented
1794 - U.S. Navy forms
1860 - The device which, officially, is a “covered gimlet screw with a ‘T’ handle”, or corkscrew, was patented this day.
1866 - The urinal was invented and patented by Andrew Rankin
1914 - 1st successful blood transfusion (in Brussels)

Old 03-27-2009, 10:25 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,550,838 times
Good evening.
1. Most daring....Besides driving in stockcar races for a couple of years?? Guess racing my '48 Pontiac on a 1/4 mile stretch of an unfinished highway in St. Louis county with the 'big boys'!!..Oh, and then there were the times that I used to dance solo at a night club. Would that count as daring???
2. Slim Fast for me...sausage, 2 eggs, toast and Orange juice for DH.
3. We have 2 corkscrews.
4. Yep, can do the one piece removal of corks.
5. Many, many years since I flew kites with our sons.
6. Country Song title? How about 'I'm gonna dial 911 cause ya went and done stole my heart'.
7. Paella...nay , allergic to shell fish.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:34 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,923,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I don't know CanIBeYou, service on these airlines is getting inferior these days... they should at least land at the destination airports, and pull up to the gates to drop off passengers, instead of tellin' 'em to jump out while in the air...

You don't get peanuts or anything anymore! It's ridic!

A'las... I wasn't pushed though. I volunteered to get out early! I asked the pilot while we were climbing to 12,000ft, "What happens if the engine fails" and he said, "Oh... you're gettin' out WAY before then". Was it bad that the pilot was wearing a chute also! No lie! he was!

Old 03-28-2009, 03:28 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,592,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Today's Question(s):

I can't tell ya, but I was drunk... - I'm Just kidding - I'd say asking somebody to marry me, and I've only done that 3 times but it didn't work.. - Next time I'll try proposing without belching first...

Bonus Question:

Wheat Germ cereal... I don't know why they gave it that name, I've never seen any germs in those jars...

Extra Credit Question:

Nah, no cork, but I have plenty of metal screws though. They're much stronger than cork... - Yes I do have one corkscrew.

[color=sienna]Are you able to remove the cork in one piece or do you have "cork removal issues" ?
Nah, I screw it up every time... the screwdriver always breaks up the cork for some reason.. - Actually, in the 15 or so years I've had this corkscrew, I've only screwe.. I mean used it not more than 10 times. I don't drink, but whenever I have a gathering at my house, I've used it to open bottles of champaign or wine guests have brought with them.

Just for fun :

I didn't fly the kite, the kite took me for a flight! and that was probably the only time I've every flown a kite. That was around 1970, when I was 13. I like real planes. It was also VERY windy here late yesterday, a kite could have taken me for a flight!

I don't know, I'll have to drink a few beers, and chew some tobacco first.. no that's not the title, that might just help inspire my thinking..

If she's single, then I'd say Yay... - Actually I have no idea who, or what Paella is...
Go to your room! Too many counts to even start mentioning!

Old 03-28-2009, 06:17 AM
bjh

59,952 posts, read 30,279,930 times
Today's Question(s):
Some things I consider daring, whether I did at the time or not:
-went back to finish college as an adult
-trained for and worked in a dangerous job for a few years
-joined the military at 19

Bonus Question:
Saturday's breakfast was a turkey lunchmeat sandwich. The turkey was gonna go bad, not start a life of crime or anything, you understand....

Extra Credit Question:

Only corkscrew pasta.

Don't drink corked beverages.

Just for fun :
Been a few years...probably should, though. It's fun.

The dog left me but the wife stayed

Never had it, but would be willing to try.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:51 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,654,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
You don't get peanuts or anything anymore! It's ridic!

A'las... I wasn't pushed though. I volunteered to get out early! I asked the pilot while we were climbing to 12,000ft, "What happens if the engine fails" and he said, "Oh... you're gettin' out WAY before then". Was it bad that the pilot was wearing a chute also! No lie! he was!

Don't worry. If the engines fail the plane will still stay in the air, all the way to the crash site. You will beat the emergency vehicles.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:14 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,483,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
[b]

What's the most frightening thing you have ever done ? keeping the family calm (even when your scare sh*tless) through two hurricanes that hit Rhode Island back in the mid 80's.. Bob and Carol
Just be glad they weren't followed by Ted and Alice....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics