U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:58 PM

5,826 posts, read 8,352,751 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone, me again! OK, so it's not yet Friday, but it's close and close is good enough for me...

April 3 in history:
419 - [Etalius] ends his reign as Catholic Pope
1790 - Revenue Marine Service, U.S. Coast Guard, created
1860 - The first successful United States Pony Express run from Saint Joseph, Missouri to Sacramento, California begins.
1910 - Highest mountain in North America, Alaska's Mount McKinley climbed
1933 - first airplane flight over Mount Everest
1941 - Churchill warns Stalin of German invasion
1949 - North Atlantic Treaty signed by US, Britain, France and Canada

Quote of the day:
You can rehearse a wedding but not a marriage. -Al Batt

Famous People born on April 3:
1367 - King Henry IV of England
1924 - Doris Day
1924 - Marlon Brando
1930 - Wally Moon
1934 - English Zoologist, Jane Goodall
1942 - Wayne Newton

Question of the Day:

What color is your house (or apartment, condo, modular, mobile home, RV, camper, cave) ?

What color would you like it to be?

What is the most hideous color or color combination you have ever seen on a house (or apartment, condo, modular, mobile home, RV, camper, cave)

If the house fairy came to visit, what would you have the house fairy do to/for your house or home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 09:14 PM

21,283 posts, read 29,122,485 times
Oh I love this, I can answer the question tonight and sleep late tomorrow My house is a light mauve and I love it, the front door is hunter green. I guess purple is the most hideous color I've seen on a house. I want to house fairy to clean up all my clutter.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:28 PM

18,891 posts, read 8,544,904 times
Question of the Day:

What color is your house (or apartment, condo, modular, mobile home, RV, camper, cave) ?
white with a burgendy steel roof
White is right.
What is the most hideous color or color combination you have ever seen on a house (or apartment, condo, modular, mobile home, RV, camper, cave)
I once lived in house that was painted sky blue, with pumpkin orange trim. (the rent was cheap!, so was the paint!)
If the house fairy came to visit, what would you have the house fairy do to/for your house or home?
my parents home needs painting. Please send the fairy there!(I'll bring the WHITE paint!)

Last edited by debey; 04-02-2009 at 09:39 PM..

Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,331,787 times
Blue
Gray, or tan, or sage green, etc....

Oh, I've seen some bad ones. Bright Purple, neon green (w/shamrocks, I don't think they expected it to come out that particular shade of green, but I guess by the time they figured it out there was no turning back, lol).
Oooooh, I'd be in heaven with a house fairy!
Redo all the floors, Paint about 4 rooms, heck if I had a fairy I just might have my countertop replaced because I don't like the colors, plus I might just have her build a sunroom off the deck and a balcony for my bedroom, maybe an addition on top of the garage, install a hot water heater...................

I know, I am really pushing the envelope here, but you did say fairy!

Old 04-02-2009, 09:35 PM

5,826 posts, read 8,352,751 times
Gray

Stained Cedar to look like a natural log cabin

Neon Teal! Talk about cheap paints!

Add floor to ceiling and wall to wall shelving in all rooms, porch and bathroom.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:48 PM

5,683 posts, read 8,739,804 times
Wow, you're up early (or late), Alice! Since I'm off to bed in just a few, I'll get a head start on Friday by answering your questions.

Question of the Day:

Plain white aluminum siding with pale grey shutters and shingles.

I don't mind it being white, but I have a particular fondness for deep green shutters on a white house. My grandparents' 200-year-old home (a former inn on the Erie Canal in upstate New York) was white clapboard with dark green shutters, and I guess it imprinted on me.

When we lived in Texas near the Mexican border, there was a house that was painted honest-to-goodness Pepto-Bismol pink. It was beyond ghastly. Even the door was that garish shade, and I felt as though I needed to put on sunglasses to drive past it even on a cloudy day.

Oh, goodness. Well, we'd start by raising the house to put in a new foundation, so the basement walls would stop leaking. Then I'd have her move one bathroom wall over about a foot so I could sit down on the throne without my knees pressing into the edge of the tub. I'd have her flip the stairs around so that the steps go to the basement from the side door and the steps to the second floor go up from the living room, not the side door. Then I'd ask her to raise the roof about two feet and put a REAL second floor in, instead of the semi-finished attic that's up there now, along with a real bedroom and a 3/4 bath. Oh, and take out the crappy old carpet and refinish all the hardwoods underneath.

Come to think of it, let's let the house fairy just bypass our place, and you send the lottery fairy over instead!

Old 04-02-2009, 09:50 PM

11,423 posts, read 16,381,513 times
Default Question of the Day:

What color is your house (or apartment, condo, modular, mobile home, RV, camper, cave) ?...kinda of a gold yellow with brown trim, way out of date

What color would you like it to be?, i would like a grey with rust trim to match the bricks

What is the most hideous color or color combination you have ever seen on a house (or apartment, condo, modular, mobile home, RV, camper, cave)....A lime green almost glow in the dark with dark green trim

If the house fairy came to visit, what would you have the house fairy do to/for your house or home?... Love to get the hall bathroom completly remodeled.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:54 PM
bjh

24,017 posts, read 22,259,530 times
April 3 in history:
1860 - The first successful United States Pony Express run from Saint Joseph, Missouri to Sacramento, California begins. cool!
1910 - Highest mountain in North America, Alaska's Mount McKinley climbed where did it climb to?
1933 - first airplane flight over Mount Everest this must be "high altitude day"
1941 - Churchill warns Stalin of German invasion but did he listen? nyet!

Quote of the day:
You can rehearse a wedding but not a marriage. -Al Batt

Very true. Reminds me of the saying that was coined before divorce was more readily available: "Marry in haste, repent at leisure."

Question of the Day:
Red brick.

Red brick.

A weird purplish pink or pinkish purple. And bright! It looked like they were trying to establish a visual aid so that airplanes could land by it.

I would like the house fairy to forego the house or call his cousin, the yard fairy, and build a nice in-ground pool in the backyard.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:56 PM

29,222 posts, read 26,194,415 times
Default Good morning east coast! :-)

Question of the Day:

What color is your house (or apartment, condo, modular, mobile home, RV, camper, cave) ? ~ blue spruce (blue gray)

What color would you like it to be? ~ blue spruce (blue gray)

What is the most hideous color or color combination you have ever seen on a house (or apartment, condo, modular, mobile home, RV, camper, cave) ~ Orange

If the house fairy came to visit, what would you have the house fairy do to/for your house or home? ~ fill the rooms with government bailout money, and not tell anyone!

Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 PM
bjh

24,017 posts, read 22,259,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Come to think of it, let's let the house fairy just bypass our place, and you send the lottery fairy over instead!
Now you're talking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics