Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 04:49 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday

It is a cool start this morning 59 heading up to 78.
I somehow see outside activities in my plans for later today.

But for now my only plan is to ask

Today's Question(s):

What do you have planned for today ?

Bonus Question:

What was the last "as seen on TV" item you bought or are considering buying ?

Extra credit Question:

If you stand at your bedroom door looking into the room do you see the bed or the dresser ?
(there is a reason I am asking)

Just for Fun:
Crossword puzzles: Yay or Nay
Ever been to a laundromat ?
Can you or someone you know "Juggle" ?
What time did you get up this morning ?

Today in History:
1775 - Paul Revere and William Dawes warn "British are coming!"
1924 - 1st crossword puzzle book published (Simon and Schuster)
1925 - World's fair opens in Chicago
1934 - 1st "Washateria" (laundromat) opens (Ft. Worth, Texas
)

Word of the Day:
quiddity \KWID-ih-tee\, noun:
1. The essence, nature, or distinctive peculiarity of a thing.
2. A hairsplitting distinction; a trifling point; a quibble.
3. An eccentricity; an odd feature.

Today is:
Animal Crackers Day
Record Store Day
Auctioneers Day
International Jugglers Day
Pet Owners Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 05:46 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times
Today's Question(s):

The local Boy Scout Troop is building picnic tables for the park as one of their members Eagle Project and I plan on taking my son over so he can help build them and I am bringing my trailer so I can haul them from the house to the Park.

Bonus Question:

Never bought anything from one of these ads.

Extra credit Question:
If you stand at your bedroom door looking into the room do you see the bed or the dresser ? (there is a reason I am asking)

Right now you see the bed. Who knows next week or whenever the DW gets a wild hair and rearranges everything.

Just for Fun:
Nay

Ever been to a laundromat ? Yes while on vacation

Can you or someone you know "Juggle" ? I try, does that count. A couple people I know juggle quite well.

What time did you get up this morning ? About 6:30 AM got to sleep in.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:01 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Default Today's Question(s)

What do you have planned for today ?...sleep

Bonus Question:

What was the last "as seen on TV" item you bought or are considering buying ?....one of those sandwich-waffle makers...it works good

Extra credit Question:

If you stand at your bedroom door looking into the room do you see the bed or the dresser ?....the dresser and the foot of the bed

Just for Fun:
Crossword puzzles: Yay or Nay...nay
Ever been to a laundromat ?.........many years ago
Can you or someone you know "Juggle" ?...no
What time did you get up this morning ?......been up all night at work, I will go home in an hour 6am and be back at 6pm

Old 04-18-2009, 06:12 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,039 times
Today's Question(s):

What do you have planned for today ? we are going to salisbury MD for Pork in the Park. Supposed to be a BBQ pork festival. Charley......You would love this one. They have vendors and pulled pork competition. Probably the best pulled pork this side of the Atlantic.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "as seen on TV" item you bought or are considering buying ?face cream. I usually don't shop on TV but that one time I thought "oh a miracle". LOL

Extra credit Question:

If you stand at your bedroom door looking into the room do you see the bed or the dresser ?
(there is a reason I am asking) straight ahead is DH's dresser, a little off to the left is the bed and the right is my dresser against that far right wall.

Just for Fun:
Crossword puzzles: Yay or Nay nah, never had an interest. mainly cuz I dont' have the patience. If I can't get it right away, I don't want to play anymore. LOL
Ever been to a laundromat ? yes.....once a year to do comforters.
Can you or someone you know "Juggle" ? no
What time did you get up this morning ? 7:30

Old 04-18-2009, 06:16 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,724 times
Today's Question(s):

What do you have planned for today ? Work around the house & then usher for a show at the HOP tonight

Bonus Question:

What was the last "as seen on TV" item you bought or are considering buying ? Never bought anything "as seen on TV."

Extra credit Question:

(there is a reason I am asking) The bed

Just for Fun:
Crossword puzzles: Yay or Nay Nay
Ever been to a laundromat ? Once on vacation
Can you or someone you know "Juggle" ? I know people who can juggle. We had a residency at school once & tried to learn as part of a "circus" we put on for the parents. I couldn't juggle, but was great at twirling a plate at the end of a stick.
What time did you get up this morning ? 7:00 It's spring vacation!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:23 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
Today's Question(s):

Going to the first outdoor Dane County Farmers' Market of 2009!! This day has been on my calendar for a long, long time, and I have been impatiently awaiting this morning for weeks. The vendors are already out there on the Capitol Square under their awnings, while the heaps of winter spinach, hothouse tomatoes and early asparagus make splashes of color in the bright sun. There'll be lots of bedding plants, too, and free-range meats, supremely wonderful cheese and the new season's harvest of good Wisconsin maple syrup on offer as well.

Bonus Question:

Since I don't watch television, I don't ever have any idea whether an item is "as seen on TV" or not.

Extra credit Question:

Well, if I look straight ahead, I see the bed. If I glance slightly to the right, I see my dresser. If I glance a bit farther to the right, I see my spouse's dresser. We live in a very small house, and it's possible to see the entire contents of any room from the doorway. The way the bedroom furniture is arranged is the ONLY way we can fit everything in, and the open floorspace in the room is basically a narrow pathway around the bed.

Just for Fun:

No, my brain doesn't work that way. I find them enormously frustrating. I love words, but what I love about them is putting them together when I write, not fitting them into boxes.

Ever been to a laundromat ?

Many times. We didn't have a washing machine until shortly before our first child was born, which meant that we made a weekly trip to the laundromat for a number of years. And there have been times when our washer and/or dryer was broken that we have done so since then.

Can you or someone you know "Juggle" ?

Not in the usual sense, although I'm pretty good at juggling numbers.

What time did you get up this morning ?

A few minutes before 7:00.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 04-18-2009 at 07:28 AM..

Old 04-18-2009, 06:25 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
What do you have planned for today?

Finishing the plastering of a few spots in the bathroom, then painting so that the plumber can install new sink, vanity and toilet on Monday - and also start painting the ceiling in the family room.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:46 AM

36,417 posts, read 16,026,236 times
Today's Question(s):

Work at 4PM, until then hit the deck for some sunshine
Bonus Question:

Upside down tomato planter...hmmm
Extra credit Question:

Ok the wall directly across front he door is an outside wall with a window and a dresser, you have to look left to see the bed.
Just for Fun:
Crossword puzzles: Yay or Nay nay
Ever been to a laundromat ? Yes there was a time when I first moved to NC and had no washer or dryer.
Can you or someone you know "Juggle" ? NO
What time did you get up this morning ? Just now about 8:30

Old 04-18-2009, 07:16 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Good morning Karla. As I passed through Jacksonville on Tuesday and yesterday I thought about you.

As little as possible. We have had a whirlwind 4 days looking for real estate in FL. Drove 12 hours to FL on Tuesday and drove back home yesterday. I need a break, lol.

What was the last "as seen on TV" item you bought or are considering buying ? I haven't bought anything off of TV but I did think about those green vegetable bags.

The bed. We have no dressers.

Crossword puzzles: Yay or Nay A small yay.
Have you ever been to a laundromat ? Yes.
Can you or someone you know "Juggle" ? No, I'm way too uncoordinated, lol.
What time did you get up this morning ? 8:30am. My stepdaughter calls us the same time every Saturday.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:22 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,775,275 times
[b]Today's Question(s):

What do you have planned for today ? DS has his first soccer game of the season, but says he's not going...so I guess we'll have to see. He loved playing in the fall but looks like things have changed, even though he said he wanted to play again. At least it's going to be 74 out today!

Bonus Question:

What was the last "as seen on TV" item you bought or are considering buying ? That sliders pan...DH really wanted one and I was at Target one day and saw it so I got it for him. He's only used it once and it was not so user friendly. He did love the sliders though.

Extra credit Question:

I would be looking straight at my nightstand, with the bed a bit to the left. My dresser is on the same wall as the door, so I can see it too but only from the side.

Crossword puzzles: Yay a little...I am not so good at them, but enjoy doing small ones with my kids and seeing their excitement.
Have you ever been to a laundromat ? Yes.
Can you or someone you know "Juggle" ? Nope
What time did you get up this morning ? around 8am...construction down the street woke me up before the kids did! I even got my shower in before the first one woke up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics