Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 04:52 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,028,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOPbaby View Post
Oh, whew! I just can't imagine eating those! Sorry about your "boy" - hope it's not serious and you'll be okay. Take care.
Thanks so much. We're all hoping it's not too serious either. We're hoping it's "contained" and after removal, that will be that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 07:51 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,557,938 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you Mow your lawn(yardwork) or do you have "people" ?
I have to do it myself.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever had the battery on either your cordless home phone or Cell phone run out while you were using it ?
Thankfully, no.

Extra Credit Question:

Which would describe you ?

Straight to the point
or
Beat around the bush
I try to beat around the bush to avoid offending someone, but I usually end up spewing my point all over them.

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you

Ate jelly beans ? Easter
Washed your car ? Ummmm..... Can I get back to you on that?
Tried a new food ? I tried a bite of my Indian friend's chutney sandwich yesterday. It was okay.

Today in History:
1793 - President Washington attends opening of Rickett's, 1st circus in U.S.
1876 - Philadelphia Nationals Wes Fisler scores baseball's 1st run
1906 - New rule puts umpire in sole charge of all game balls
1947 - 1st NBA Championship: Philadelphia Warriors beat Chicago Stags, 4 games to 2
1970 - 1st Earth Day held internationally to conserve natural resources

Word of the Day:
pompous (pomp⋅ous) adj
1. characterized by an ostentatious display of dignity or importance: a pompous minor official.
2. ostentatiously lofty or high-flown: a pompous speech.
3. characterized by pomp, stately splendor, or magnificence.

Today is:
National Jelly Bean Day
Admin. Professionals Day
Girl Scout Leader Appreciation Day They should have this day during cookie season.
April Showers Day
Celebrate The Earth Day !!!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:02 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,472,496 times
Today's Question(s):

Thank God and the torture of physical therapy, I am able to assume all my outdoor yard tending..I have always assumed the role of "people" around here

Bonus Question:

Have you ever had the battery on either your cordless home phone or Cell phone run out while you were using it ?
Yes..I really need a new cell..Mine is 8 years old

Extra Credit Question:
Straight to the point
or
Beat around the bush
Pretty much straight to the point..

Just for Fun:
Ate jelly beans ?
Easter, of course..love those jelly beans
Washed your car ?
I cleaned the inside Saturday and washed it too..Of course it rained Sunday
Tried a new food ?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 PM

2,046 posts, read 918,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Thanks so much. We're all hoping it's not too serious either. We're hoping it's "contained" and after removal, that will be that.
Oooohhh...I think I understand the statement under your name now. So sorry to hear this. I'll hope for the best. I can understand your concern; I've been there. Take care.

IOPbaby

Old 04-22-2009, 08:31 PM

821 posts, read 2,009,266 times
better late than never

Today's Question(s):

Do you Mow your lawn(yardwork) or do you have "people" ? hubby does the mowing, I do the weeding around the flowers and run the weedeater

Bonus Question:

Have you ever had the battery on either your cordless home phone or Cell phone run out while you were using it ? yes, my cell phone, I hardly ever use it and only charge it up every few weeks (I forget about it) and it's always dead or almost dead when I use it

Extra Credit Question:

Straight to the point straight to the point most of the time
or
Beat around the bush

Just for Fun:

Ate jelly beans ?gosh, can't remember, didn't eat any this Easter, maybe a year. I refuse to buy them, but if someone has a big bag at work I would eat them
Washed your car ? every time I get my oil changed, I get a free car wash......well, I drive it thought the car wash
Tried a new food ? last month in Haiti, I tried something, it was good but have no idea what it was

Last edited by Rach1966; 04-22-2009 at 08:42 PM..

Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 PM

484 posts, read 1,582,202 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you Mow your lawn(yardwork) or do you have "people" ? We have "people" haha.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever had the battery on either your cordless home phone or Cell phone run out while you were using it ? ALL the time. I swear, my cell phone doesn't hold the battery charge very well, at all.

Extra Credit Question:

Which would describe you ? Straight to the point.

Straight to the point
or
Beat around the bush

Just for Fun:

Ate jelly beans ? On Easter (2 weeks ago, about)
Washed your car ? I went through the car wash yesterday.
Tried a new food ? A few days ago

Old 04-22-2009, 09:49 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,581,399 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you Mow your lawn(yardwork) or do you have "people?" Mr. VA loves to ride around our yard on his mower. Sometimes he will let me mow, but I run into things. I once got it stuck in between two trees and he had to come rescue me because I rousted a snake.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever had the battery on either your cordless home phone or Cell phone run out while you were using it? I am retired and don't have to use the telephone anymore. So glad to have e-mail and I look at it sometimes.

Extra Credit Question:

Which would describe you?

Straight to the point--You read my posts, what do you think?

Just for Fun:

Ate jelly beans?--Few weeks ago when I did junk shopping in Dollar General.
Washed your car?--Hope you mean driving through the car wash. Couple of weeks ago right before it rained.
Tried a new food?--Today.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:52 PM

285 posts, read 615,440 times
I'm late, I'm late...I got an important date!

Today's Question(s):

Used to do it ourselves down in Tx (2 acres) but now, no yard, no need, no people.
Bonus Question:

Ain't that big on phone talk...when it comes to talking on the phone I'm a get ur done gal!

Extra Credit Question:

Straight to the point
or
Beat around the bush

BOTH. Preference and personality is for the straight to the point (usually as fast as possible...I hate foot dragging and sugar-coating), but I do know and understand the the need for and necessity of tact. I have even been known to actually USE it!

Just for Fun:

Ate jelly beans ? Last week...but only the black ones!
Washed your car ? Dec '08, just before we got on the road to Alaska.
Tried a new food ? Selection of "foods" limited by availability/shipping costs. Lots of variety in cooking and prep...our 1st clam digging scheduled for early next week. Lotsa oyster exp. but fresh clams is gonna be new (?).

Today in History:

1793 - President Washington attends opening of Rickett's, 1st circus in U.S.
George Vancouver, the 1st recorded white man in the Wrangell-Stikine area arrives on a survey expedition.
1876 - Philadelphia Nationals Wes Fisler scores baseball's 1st run
Alaska's first Protestant (Presbytarian) Church and American School established.
(School was a government school for the Alaska Natives...aka "re-education camp.")
1906 - New rule puts umpire in sole charge of all game balls
March 24, 1906 fire destroys a large portion of downtown Wrangell.
1947 - 1st NBA Championship: Philadelphia Warriors beat Chicago Stags, 4 games to 2
June 9, 1947 the Farwest Fisheries Company cannery at Wrangell was destroyed in a $150,000 fire.
1970 - 1st Earth Day held internationally to conserve natural resources
New city ordinances regarding the buying of cemetary plots, use of grave markers and the hiring of a caretaker instituted.
Sorry ladies, gents...baseball juss ain't important up chere!

Word of the Day:

pompous (pomp⋅ous) adj
1. characterized by an ostentatious display of dignity or importance: a pompous minor official.
2. ostentatiously lofty or high-flown: a pompous speech.
3. characterized by pomp, stately splendor, or magnificence.

To be...or not to be...

Today is:
National Jelly Bean Day Yippie!
Admin. Professionals Day Huh?
Girl Scout Leader Appreciation Day

April Showers DayReady...Set...GO!

Celebrate The Earth Day !!!

Hope everyone had a loverly day!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:47 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,763,931 times
I do the lawn mowing thank you very much. I love mowing.

Yes I've had both phones go dead before.

I'm pretty good at straight to the point but have been known to beat around the bush if situation calls for it.

Can't remember on the jelly beans, washed the HanVan last Friday, and recently tried the Nachos Supreme at a local Taco Bell...which was new food to me.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,080,039 times
lol ok this is what I learned from all the posts

We have a lot of chatty folks here on CD that keep the vaious phone companies happy lol

I think Rance & I are the only ones who love mowing !!!

I need to wash my car so it will rain since thats what happened to many of you once you washed yours

lol most of you are adventurous food folks

rofl Granny Sue the diet pepsi went flying when I read your "if you have met karla" line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics