U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Status: "I cannot wait for the heat to break..." (set 8 days ago)

20,368 posts, read 25,511,818 times

Advertisements

I just found these and thought you might enjoy them.

Doesn't It Annoy You When...

1...there's a car alarm nearby that goes on for hours and the owner is nowhere to be found?

2...you buy an answering machine so you won't miss any calls, and then everyone hangs up when they hear the machine answer?

3...there's a cop car in sight and everyone thinks they have to drive 10-15 mph slower than the speed limit?

4...you're reading a magazine and all those annoying little subscription cards keep falling out?

5...you tell someone that a door is locked and they try to open it anyway, like it'll magically open for them and not you.

6...someone says, "well, to make a long story short" and then they go on telling it for another 15 minutes.

7...a friend or family member says "Yuck! This is awful!!" and then tells you to try some.

8...you have to inform five different sales people in the same store that you're just looking around. I don't find this too common anymore.

9...you rub on hand cream and can't turn the bathroom doorknob to get out.

10...a waiter or waitress is not around at any time other than right after you put food in your mouth.

11...your tire gauge lets half the air in your tire when all you want is a pressure reading.

12...there's a dog in your neighborhood that barks at EVERYTHING.

13...the power goes out, and you discover every flashlight you have has dead batteries.

14...someone gets in the express lane at the supermarket and writes a check or uses a credit card. I really hate this one. I also have a problem with young capable people who don't bag their own groceries. They just stand there like ninnies waiting for the cashier to finish scanning items and then the cashier bags the items. Hello, I would like to go home.

15...the elevator stops at every floor and nobody gets on.

16...you almost ALWAYS back up your computer files but the week you don't, your hard drive crashes and you lose everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 09:02 PM

16,491 posts, read 20,032,558 times
There's hope! Car alarms are now illegal in New York City. They should be banned worldwide as they accomplish nothing but irritate people.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:34 PM

38,697 posts, read 45,095,355 times
Thanks Lisa, #3 is one of my all time pet peeves, especially on the freeways.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:12 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,078,656 times
Oh... can I add one??

I recently flew somewhere and United charged me $15 to check my bag (mind you, my bag isn't that big, but I like to be "handsfree" until I get where I'm going).

I go to get on the plane and there's people here with HUGE carry-on bags. When they get to the door of the plane, there's someone there to take their bag and they can pick it up right there on the jetway, when we land.... FOR FREE!

Mind you, these "carry on" bags are no where close to being the alloted size of a carry on.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:10 AM

5,988 posts, read 9,981,271 times
17...You call a business and ask for Mr. ------ and the person asks who is calling. Does that make a difference?

An addition to #14. They don't even start writing the check until all the items are scanned. Did they have to ask who to make the check out to?

Old 04-29-2009, 08:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 19,221,030 times
#5 hit me as something Mr. L does!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rrrrggghhhh.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Status: "I cannot wait for the heat to break..." (set 8 days ago)

20,368 posts, read 25,511,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Thanks Lisa, #3 is one of my all time pet peeves, especially on the freeways.
Or when there's an accident. "Everydody" has to slow down to look. One of these days you might actually see something so horrific that you really didn't want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
#5 hit me as something Mr. L does!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rrrrggghhhh.
He's just checking, lol.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:04 AM

29,755 posts, read 26,797,076 times
Some Of Life's Annoyances.....LOL

When the boss says that “we have to cut back in the department a little”. Like we can’t buy this tool or that item of need right now. Things that you have to have to do the job yet now you do it without the item. Crazy….

Old 04-29-2009, 12:01 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,078,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
An addition to #14. They don't even start writing the check until all the items are scanned. Did they have to ask who to make the check out to?

It's like they wait... just in case the name of the grocery store changes in the middle of their purchase!

Wow... I haven't written a check in soooooo loooooooooong.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:15 PM

23,655 posts, read 21,990,605 times
You forgot the people that "STOP"dead !!!!! on the "on-ramp" and stick their heads out the window to see where to merge in oncoming traffic on the Interstate. Instead of using their side mirror and excellerating to fall in line with the flow of traffic..........and then jump to the farthest left lane and slow down.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or