U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 04:32 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,040,760 times

Advertisements

And a Big Good Morning to everyone..........

I have always tried to live by the saying try to learn something new every day, so........
What new thing have you learned lately ?
Well.....when you have a water softener you use 2 scoops of coffee instead of 5 or 6 scoops.... whooa!!! Talk about hobo coffee....

The "Jewelry fairy"is stopping by to bring you a present !!
What would you want her to bring you ?
I don't know...after 37 yrs being married and engaged 3 yrs, a total of 40 yrs, to a man who loves to buy his wife jewelry..... you just about have all that one would desire.

What as the last reason you stayed up really late ?
Took a late nap and then I could not go to sleep at my usual time!

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale?
About a month ago at the Doctor' office.

Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head?
Yep....when I was a wee little one.

If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ?
Chinese...with a large side order of prawns!!

Favorite diet food ?
What's that????

Least favorite diet food ?
If I had to diet....tofu, rice cakes need I go on..

Hairstylists Appreciation Day

National Honesty Day.....
Honesty is always the "BEST" policy!!

National Oatmeal cookie day...
...........another Yummy!!

Mr. Potato Head Day....
Have a wonder Day!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 05:37 AM

38,425 posts, read 18,184,885 times
Today's Question(s):

I am at that stage where sometimes I need to re-learn things I once knew! Names of perennial flowers is a good example.

I am not much into jewelry .... but I am into collecting. I believe I will ask the Fairy for a silver dollar squash blossom necklace.

What as the last reason you stayed up really late ? I havent stayed up really late in many years.....about 10 pm is my limit....I try on Presidential election nights to stay up to watch the returns ..... but usually dont make it.

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? About a month ago.
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? Bought them for my kids.
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? Lobster newburg in a pattie shell.

Favorite diet food ? Hmmmm thats a hard one. Maybe fresh salad with just a squeeze of lemon or balsamic vinegar.
Least favorite diet food ? celery sticks.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:48 AM

31,577 posts, read 12,709,429 times
Today's Question(s):

I have always tried to live by the saying
Try to learn something new every day, so

I just learned that I can eat breakfast when I first get up!
Bonus Question:

What would you want her to bring you ? Maybe some small diamond stud earrings.

Bonus Question:

Because I couldn't sleep

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? At my Dad's last week.
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? Yes
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? Hot Fudge Sundae
Favorite diet food ? Lean cuisine
Least favorite diet food ? Weight watchers frozen dinners. I don't diet, I only buy it occasionally if it's on sale.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:49 AM

8,181 posts, read 16,158,422 times
What a shock! I get here early and it's already two pages! Very Cool!

Today's Question(s):

What new thing have you learned lately ? I'm not Jewish but my brother and his family are and their daughter is preparing for her Bat Mitzvah. I'm learning what all goes with this. Very interesting stuff.
Bonus Question:

What would you want her to bring you ? I like diamonds and gold....large...to go please.....

Bonus Question:

What as the last reason you stayed up really late ? I'm a morning person so REALLY late would be midnite. We meet friends at a Corona Cigar Bar, sit, chat, and solve the worlds problems until 11:30 or so. Sadly the table next to us solved them differently that why you haven't seen the results yet.

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? I've been asked not to do that by the manufacturers.
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? Yes
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? Orange Chicken or Pepperoni/Mushroom Pizza.
Favorite diet food ? Salads
Least favorite diet food ? That fake chocolate stuff.....it's not nice to try to fool a chocoholic!!
Today in History:
1598 - 1st theater performance in America
1772 - John Clais patents 1st scale
1789 - George Washington inaugurated as 1st president of US
1889 - 1st U.S. national holiday, on centennial of Washington's inauguration
1904 - Ice cream cone makes its debut -sure on the anniversay of the scale.....go figure!
1952 - Mr. Potato Head is 1st toy advertised on television - words can't describe what my brothers did with this toy...
Word of the Day:
monomania \mon-uh-MAY-nee-uh; -nyuh\, noun:
1. Pathological obsession with a single subject or idea.
2. Excessive concentration of interest upon one particular subject or idea.
Oh my word......just so many people who have this and so little time.....

Today is:
National Raisin Day
Hairstylists Appreciation Day -this reminds me..I need to go see her..she's the BEST!!!
National Honesty Day -I honestly want an Oatmeal cookie!
National Oatmeal cookie day
Mr. Potato Head Day

Old 04-30-2009, 05:54 AM

2,515 posts, read 4,263,481 times
Hmm...let's see. I have learned the difference between pisss & urinate thx to Elston. I have learned that the QoD posters have very eclectic music tastes- especially Kerowyn- (& I refuse to believe Studedude who says he can't dance). I have learned Alice & I would both go to a restaurant dressed the same ....and I have learned that Roaddog likes motorcycles...which I should have surmised by his name!

The "Jewelry fairy"is stopping by to bring you a present !! What would you want her to bring you ?
A bead for my Pandora bracelet...it's lookin' skimpy.

What was the last reason you stayed up really late ?
Insomnia...or just poor planning really. I have not had a very good schedule for the past 2 years....

Last time you stepped on a scale? Every Friday. Keeps my goal in mind so I don't let the weekend calories get out of hand.

Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? Yep! We used to keep a few at the bar. Good conversation pieces until some prankster bored an extra hole in one & improvised with a part. Poor Mr. Potato Head...he could finally get lucky but no Mrs. Potato Head could be found....

If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? A big spinach salad with walnuts, grapes, and chevre crumbles.
Favorite diet food ? The one above!

Least favorite diet food ? TOFU. That's just got to be an acronym for something really bad...

Old 04-30-2009, 06:01 AM

1,525 posts, read 1,068,176 times
Good Morning All!

It is another blah weather day in Iowa but still one day closer to FRIDAY! WooHoo!

Today's Question(s):

It was work related so nothing "fun".

Bonus Question:

Oh! Oh! Oh! Pretty things! Things that sparkle! Silver things! Love sterling silver! Mom says that she and I were gypsies in a past life! We both LOVE jewelry - but really not interested in owning REALLY expensive stuff... would be afraid to wear it! She taught me that there is no such thing as too much jewelry (to own anyway, one can wear too much however).

Bonus Question:
no good reason, just because

Just for fun:
a couple of days ago - those are EVIL things!
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? No
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? Too early for the good stuff - but later today I would take Half & Half Shrimp from Mulligan's in Mason City. Half breaded/half garlic jumbo shrimp! SOOOO GOOD!
Favorite diet food ? probably veggies - broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, fresh peas...
Least favorite diet food ? diet pop or yogurt

Old 04-30-2009, 06:06 AM

13,459 posts, read 21,202,746 times
Today's Question(s):

I'm learning new stuff on the computer every day..

Bonus Question:

Not much into jewelry, but she can bring me a couple of watch batteries

Bonus Question:

Last Friday sorting and scanning photos and organizing a pile of albums..Still not done and they are scattered on the d/r table.. photos

Just for fun:

A couple minutes ago when I got up..

Never had my own but bought them for my kids.

If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ?

Two slices of bacon, one fried egg (over medium) one slice of toast, orange juice (lots of pulp) and coffee, of course
Favorite diet food ?

Yogurt (what I am really having for breakfast

Old 04-30-2009, 06:12 AM

15,616 posts, read 9,160,753 times
We say goodbye to April today it was a very strange month, in some ways, I am glad to see it go
Boy, did you say a mouthful - this was alternate universe april.

Today's Question(s):
What new thing have you learned lately ? That I have an infinite capacity to enjoy getting rep points/comments (and enjoy passing it on too)

Bonus Question:
What would you want her to bring you ? Not a jewelry girl here so I'd like her to bring something wonderful and just right for my mom

Bonus Question:
What as the last reason you stayed up really late ? this weekend i stayed up really late because i was visiting my scrapper friends for the first time - we only knew each other online before this

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? Trying to lose some lbs - Saturday is my weigh day but I missed this one since I was visiting my scrapper buddies
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? of course!
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? right now? broiled lamb chops - preferably with no weight watchers points but with a nice bit of marrow. Apologies for grossing out any vegetarians here.
Favorite diet food ? I don't really do diet food but the skinny cow ice cream things are pretty tasty
Least favorite diet food ? ummm...dunno, I try not to go there.

Today in History:
1598 - 1st theater performance in America John Lovitts on SNL - "Acting!"
1772 - John Clais patents 1st scale I'll pay homage to him when I step on mine this Saturday
1789 - George Washington inaugurated as 1st president of US reminds me - need a dental checkup
1889 - 1st U.S. national holiday, on centennial of Washington's inauguration its perfect - just what I wanted - how did you know!
1904 - Ice cream cone makes its debut now you're talkin
1952 - Mr. Potato Head is 1st toy advertised on television wow really? not the hula hoop or some bogus toy?

Word of the Day:
monomania
\mon-uh-MAY-nee-uh; -nyuh\, noun:
2. Excessive concentration of interest upon one particular subject or idea. uh oh - guilty as charged

Today is:
National Raisin Day hrmmph
Hairstylists Appreciation Day now i'm feeling guilty about going to supercuts instead of my regular guy
National Honesty Day I can not tell a lie - this is the perfect combo with all the washington stuff
National Oatmeal cookie day would be good with raisins..better with chocolate chips
Mr. Potato Head Day well, duh

ok I am heading off to bed see you all in the am

Sweet dreams everyone !!! Hope you slept well and that your back is better! I find that drinking plenty of water, walking, and having good posture help me with lower back problems. Just sayin

Old 04-30-2009, 06:15 AM

5,988 posts, read 9,975,731 times
SIL is improving, still in ICU but stable enough that we won't have to spend the day at the hospital.

Today's Question(s):

Somehow there is a difference between pulse and heart rate.

Bonus Question:

I don't wear jewelry, so I really can't think of anything.

Bonus Question:

Some days my afternoon nap is too long and I'm up late at night. Posting on CD or studying and preparing sermons.

Just for fun:

I step on ours about once a week, to maintain my svelte appearance.

No, but I have been called one.

IHOP Pancakes with bacon. I haven't had breakfast yet.
Favorite diet food ?
Gen 2:16 & 17 "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die." Note it says nothing about calories. There are NO good diet foods.
Least favorite diet food ?
See above biblical ref.

Today in History:
1598 - 1st theater performance in America
1772 - John Clais patents 1st scale
1789 - George Washington inaugurated as 1st president of US
1889 - 1st U.S. national holiday, on centennial of Washington's inauguration
1904 - Ice cream cone makes its debut
1952 - Mr. Potato Head is 1st toy advertised on television

Word of the Day:
monomania
\mon-uh-MAY-nee-uh; -nyuh\, noun:
2. Excessive concentration of interest upon one particular subject or idea.

Today is:
National Raisin Day
Hairstylists Appreciation Day Use a clean washcloth, Mike
National Honesty Day
National Oatmeal cookie day
Mr. Potato Head Day

how about a wife? I'll take care of the jewelry... I'll just get 'em from those machines at Walmart..

Now we know why you're single Mike. You can't get a wife from a machine at Walmart

ok I am heading off to bed see you all in the am

Sweet dreams everyone !!![/quote]

Old 04-30-2009, 06:29 AM

5,826 posts, read 8,460,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Well, I would say an engagement ring, but forget that, how about a wife? I'll take care of the jewelry... I'll just get 'em from those machines at Walmart..
How romantic! You sound more and more like my kind of guy. I really think we need to meet.

The "Jewelry fairy"is stopping by to bring you a present !!What would you want her to bring you ?
A ring from one of those machines at Wal-Mart

What was the last reason you stayed up really late ?
A late-starting job or one that comprised of many miles and started late.

Last time you stepped on a scale? This morning
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? No
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? Grilled salmon.
Favorite diet food ? Lettuce
Least favorite diet food ? soy anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics