U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-30-2009, 09:24 PM

2,046 posts, read 615,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
throw him a party next time or have a potty patrol! We have a local restuarant that is all fun and games and use to have like a conga line potty patrol through the whole place to take someone to the bathroom. Everyone knew you were headed to the bathroom. LOL.
Now THAT'S a great idea!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:28 PM

2,516 posts, read 2,982,892 times
Quote:
ask and you shall recieve.... a little Magnum Mike theme music.

YouTube - The Beach Boys - In My Room (rare Live)

my rep machine seems to be on the fritz, but thank you!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 09:43 PM

42,940 posts, read 19,861,196 times
Quote:
ask and you shall recieve.... a little Magnum Mike theme music.

YouTube - The Beach Boys - In My Room (rare Live)
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
my rep machine seems to be on the fritz, but thank you!!!
Oh boy, that would make Dennis Wilson turn in his grave... although he was burried at sea.

PipersPal - Did you give out too many rep points today? If you give out a certain number of rep points that exceeds a certain limit in a day, they'll send you to Cita Data's room, or what's commonly called "Rep Jail"..

I'll see if there's a video called "In My Rep Jail"..

Old 05-01-2009, 01:21 AM

292 posts, read 382,603 times
Today's Question(s):

I have always tried to live by the saying
Try to learn something new every day, so

What new thing have you learned lately?
Native basket weaving in the Tlingit style using locally harvested cedar, birch and canary grasses (and learning “how to” of harvesting as well).
Bonus Question:

The "Jewelry fairy"is stopping by to bring you a present !!

What would you want her to bring you ?
Oooooohhh, aaaaaaahhh…shiny things[Actually, can’t think of a thing (?).

Bonus Question:

What as the last reason you stayed up really late ?
Insomnia.

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? Today.
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? A long, long, long time ago.
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? Senor Frog’s combo plate and a margarita on the rocks.
Favorite diet food ?Bleeayuck! Don’t buy it, much less eat it
Least favorite diet food ? Bleeayuck! Don’t buy it, much less eat it.

Today in History:
1598 - 1st theater performance in America
Alaska still pristine and undisturbed by explorers, trappers, traders, prospectors, politicians, and whores…..oh, wait, I repeat myself.
1772 - John Clais patents 1st scale [SIZE=3](and so began the Battle of the Bulge).
Permanent Russian settlement established at Unalaska (Iluulax) by Solov’ev
1789 - George Washington inaugurated as 1st president of US
]The Unanga{ (Aleut) Russian Orthodox Catechism is the first book written in a Native language of Alaska.
1889 - 1st U.S. national holiday, on centennial of Washington's inauguration
Congress passes a law outlawing barricades at the mouths of salmon streams in Alaska.
1904 - Ice cream cone makes its debut
1904 the Bureau of Indian affairs sent John Reed Swanton (1873-1958), a well-known linguist and anthropologist to Sitka and Wrangell, Alaska, for four monthsTlingit Myths and Texts is one of the classic, turn-of-the-century collections of Native American oral literature. It remains the single largest collection of Tlingit texts, and is an amazing achievement.
1952 - Mr. Potato Head is 1st toy advertised on television
Wrangell stayed as it was after a 1952 fire burned the downtown: a burly, blue-collar American town, simple and conservative. Wrangell cut trees and fished, processed them, and shipped them. The bars stayed busy, and no one thought of opening a health food restaurant.

Word of the Day:
monomania \mon-uh-MAY-nee-uh; -nyuh\, noun:
1. Pathological obsession with a single subject or idea.
2. Excessive concentration of interest upon one particular subject or idea.
A perversion of the intellective rather than the affective faculties (DSM-III). Yeah, out of date but I liked the wording!

Today is:
National Raisin Day
Hairstylists Appreciation Day
National Honesty Day
National Oatmeal cookie day With raisins, please sir.
Mr. Potato Head Day

Last edited by Gypsyrhydyr; 05-01-2009 at 01:28 AM.. Reason: I spell bad when it's late.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:58 AM

17,827 posts, read 21,471,252 times
Quote:
Yep in so many ways the bodily functions of life run our life. Why I was young mom used to ask... "did you go poopie today?" what an embarassment. Now that she is older (senior) I get to ask her "did you go poopie today?" and its a celebration if she does. LMAO
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOPbaby View Post
LOL! You've come full circle! I have the opposite situation - my 16 year old son finds it necessary to announce to everyone in the house "I'M GOING TO TAKE A POOP!" everytime he needs to go! We just thank him for the head's up. Geez, you'd think he'd just keep it to himself.
One would think having no kids just dogs would save me from these discussions
lol however for some "how did this get started reason" when the little guy Ralphie comes in from outside, we say to him " did you go poop" if he did, he starts dancing around in a circle barking almost as if he is "announcing" that he has taken care of business in a "so wheres my treat" kinda way

Old 05-01-2009, 06:00 AM

1,692 posts, read 2,372,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Oh boy, that would make Dennis Wilson turn in his grave... although he was burried at sea.

PipersPal - Did you give out too many rep points today? If you give out a certain number of rep points that exceeds a certain limit in a day, they'll send you to Cita Data's room, or what's commonly called "Rep Jail"..

I'll see if there's a video called "In My Rep Jail"..
There can only be ONE video - Theme Song - for "in my rep jail"

YouTube - Elvis Jail House Rock

Old 05-01-2009, 06:25 AM

2,516 posts, read 2,982,892 times
Quote:
There can only be ONE video - Theme Song - for "in my rep jail"

Oh, that'll work - yessiree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics