U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:11 PM

17,835 posts, read 29,425,774 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday
We say goodbye to April today it was a very strange month, in some ways, I am glad to see it go
I am ready to welcome May and all the flowers May that the April showers hopefully will bring.

I know your thinking
huh the question already
Lol I decided that since I have to leave so early I would stay up a few minutes longer to get a really really early start on

Today's Question(s):

I have always tried to live by the saying
Try to learn something new every day, so

What new thing have you learned lately ?

Bonus Question:

The "Jewelry fairy"is stopping by to bring you a present !!

What would you want her to bring you ?

Bonus Question:

What as the last reason you stayed up really late ?

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale?
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head?
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ?
Favorite diet food ?
Least favorite diet food ?

Today in History:
1598 - 1st theater performance in America
1772 - John Clais patents 1st scale
1789 - George Washington inaugurated as 1st president of US
1889 - 1st U.S. national holiday, on centennial of Washington's inauguration
1904 - Ice cream cone makes its debut
1952 - Mr. Potato Head is 1st toy advertised on television

Word of the Day:
monomania
\mon-uh-MAY-nee-uh; -nyuh\, noun:
1. Pathological obsession with a single subject or idea.
2. Excessive concentration of interest upon one particular subject or idea.

Today is:
National Raisin Day
Hairstylists Appreciation Day
National Honesty Day
National Oatmeal cookie day
Mr. Potato Head Day

ok I am heading off to bed see you all in the am

Sweet dreams everyone !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 11:29 PM

3,000 posts, read 2,283,601 times
oh nice.. I get home from work and have ? of the Day for me.... and to all you others that gave me a hard time yesterday.... yes it was a light blue leisure suit

Today's Question(s):

What new thing have you learned lately ? a nice thin crust pizza dough....

Bonus Question:

What would you want her to bring you ? just a refund would be nice

Bonus Question:

What as the last reason you stayed up really late ? to answer the Question of the Day...

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? last month.. Dr appt (the scale was off)
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? no
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? Everyone knows this.... (w/pep and mushrooms)
Favorite diet food ? not sure what a diet is

Old 04-29-2009, 11:47 PM

4,248 posts, read 5,318,898 times
Wow, it's a rare thing to get to answer the ? of the day on the day it is intended for!

Today's Question(s):

I am learning something new in my studies everyday. At the moment I am writing an essay on nature versus nurture so I am learning everything I can about that.

Bonus Question:

Diamonds of course! I'll get her to mend a diamond and amethyst gold necklace while she's here. The chain broke and it won't be easy to fix.

Bonus Question:

I stay up late every night to answer your questions. I don't know what I'll do tonight. Maybe an early night for a change!

Really I'm just an insomniac, I don't need an excuse to stay up late.

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? This morning
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? No
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? A very large fresh fruit salad. I only have grapes and oranges in my kitchen at the moment.
Favorite diet food ?
Least favorite diet food ?

I don't believe in diets. I think a diet is doomed from the start because it is only a temporary change and people generally go back to bad habits after it's finished. Better to change lifestyle and eating habits permanently.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:04 AM

821 posts, read 1,761,313 times
Today's Question(s):

I'm a nurse (so don't get sick) and almost every day there is a new medication that someone is taking that I have never heard of and have to look it up.

Bonus Question:

Bonus Question:

I normally don't go to bed till around 1 or 2, so not sure what you call really late.

Last time you stepped on a scale? last week when I had to move it to sweep
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? strawberry short cake
Favorite diet food ? never been on a diet, but I do love diet Dr Pepper
Least favorite diet food ? I love bread and a couple of years ago when the low carb diet was the new craze, my friend and I went to eat at O'Charley's where you get these wonderful yeast rolls, the guy ask us if we were on a low carb diet, I said no, but for him to keep the carbs coming to my table.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:21 AM

16,487 posts, read 20,360,448 times
Today's Question(s):

I learned all about what to expect with my sons upcoming high school graduation.
Bonus Question:

An emerald and diamond ring.

Bonus Question:

Because there was a tv show I liked on.

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? At the doctor a month or so ago.
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? Oh yes!
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? A huge cooked lobster with butter
Favorite diet food ? Diet soda
Least favorite diet food ? Diet soup (no flavor)

Old 04-30-2009, 12:59 AM

51,082 posts, read 29,161,295 times
Hmmm.. I find it a little strange answering the questions of the day, a day early..
Today's Question(s):

I learned that no matter what you learn, you can never learn too much, and when you do learn too much, you get very confused! - Seriously, the new thing I've learned last week was computer-related.

Bonus Question:

Well, I would say an engagement ring, but forget that, how about a wife? I'll take care of the jewelry... I'll just get 'em from those machines at Walmart..

Bonus Question:

To get caught up with posting on City Data? How about because I couldn't fall asleep?

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? Hmm.. I'd have to weight the advantages of answering this question.. - Back in October at my doctor's office.
Have you ever owned a Mr Potato Head? I never even thought about it, if I wanted anything that has "potato" in the name, it had better be a real potato, not a silly toy.
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? Anything that's very tasty, and very healthy, and doesn't make you gain 10 pounds just by looking at it..
Favorite diet food ? Hmmm.. Well, it has 0 calories, no carbs, and no saturated fats, the food is called No Food.. - Actually a good salad.
Least favorite diet food ? Stuff that gives you heartburn?

Old 04-30-2009, 01:34 AM

25,463 posts, read 11,979,633 times
Today's Question(s): What new thing have you learned lately ? I learned that my Dish receiver can record a program on one channel while watching a different channel. I have to set the timer in order to do it this way. It's new so what do I know????

Bonus Question: The "Jewelry fairy"is stopping by to bring you a present !! What would you want her to bring you ? Jewelry is not that important to me. I have a plain silver wedding band so maybe a platinum & amethyst engagement ring...

Bonus Question: What was the last reason you stayed up really late ? Nothing important, just watching an old movie by myself. eating popcorn and drinking diet root beer.

Just for fun:
Last time you stepped on a scale? Monday morning.... Had gained 2 lbs. Now I have 12 to lose.
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? No.
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? My Mother's pineapple upside down cake
Favorite diet food ? Chocolate Slim Fast
Least favorite diet food ? Soups, cookies,

Word of the Day:
monomania
\mon-uh-MAY-nee-uh; -nyuh\, noun:
2. Excessive concentration of interest upon one particular subject or idea.

Happy Thursday to Karla and everyone!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 01:47 AM

13,440 posts, read 4,592,473 times
Good morning! It's 8:42 a.m. and I'm nearly on my way to work. Short day today...

What new thing have you learned lately ? I'm on my way to learn not to be as explosive as I can be but to stay calm, lean back and wait what will happen. This is pretty hard for me but I'm working on it.

Bonus Question:

What would you want her to bring you ? Basically I don't need expensive jewelry but if she's here she can leave a set of ruby earrings and a matching ring. I saw a great set when we were in Singapore but there were just too expensive

Bonus Question:

What as the last reason you stayed up really late ? Must have been my belated b/day party last week. Altho we stay up nearly every weekend till at least 1 a.m. which is very late for me...

Just for fun:

Last time you stepped on a scale? This morning, just to check no extra lbs attached themselves onto me while I was sleeping, they can be pretty annoying lol

Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? No, I don't think so, what is that?

If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? Pizza

Old 04-30-2009, 01:59 AM

38,706 posts, read 45,118,878 times
Today's Question(s):

What new thing have you learned lately? How to make edited slide show CD's from our old photograph negatives and then have them tranfered onto DVD"s.

Bonus Question:
What would you want her to bring you? Not really into jewelry. Don't even wear a watch or ring.
But if she insisted, then I'd have her bring anything gold that could be melted down and turned into cash.

Bonus Question:
What as the last reason you stayed up really late? To answer this ? of the day. Otherwise to work on my edited slide shows.

Just for fun:
Last time you stepped on a scale? Month ago at Dr's, lost 3 lbs.
Have you every owned a Mr Potato Head? No.
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you? T-bone steak.
Favorite diet food? Not into diet stuff. Do like chef and ceaser salads occasionaly.
Least favorite diet food ? All of the ones I tried were tasteless.

Word of the Day:
monomania \mon-uh-MAY-nee-uh; -nyuh\, noun:
2. Excessive concentration of interest upon one particular subject or idea. Sounds like this applies to many monomania posters hooked on CD.

Today is:
National Raisin Day. Raisons with Oatmeal Cookies, yay
Hairstylists Appreciation Day. Mike Magnum's day. Bet he'd appreciate some hair
National Honesty Day. That should be everyday. Car dealers are you listening.
National Oatmeal cookie day. Love-em hot out of the oven with those raisons..

Old 04-30-2009, 03:24 AM
bjh

26,237 posts, read 22,811,305 times
Today's Question(s):
I have always tried to live by the saying Try to learn something new every day, so What new thing have you learned lately ?
Probably something on a jeopardy question. Does it count if you can't remember it?

Bonus Question:
The "Jewelry fairy"is stopping by to bring you a present !! What would you want her to bring you ?
I don't really care about or wear jewelry for decoration.

Bonus Question:
Need you ask... No the reason was to do some work.

Just for fun:
Last time you stepped on a scale?
About a week ago
If you could close your eyes and just blink, what food would appear in front of you ? pizza!
Favorite diet food ? Least favorite diet food ? I don't diet, just messes up the metabolism. Portion control and exercise beats dieting over the long term anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics