Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 05:37 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday
lol I just realized it is pretty easy for you all to figure out which nights I stay up late
and since I am now just posting today's? you know last night was not one of them

So we never got any of the "big rain" that was promised so I will be out there hand watering along with weeding as soon as I finish asking

Today's Question(s):

Yesterday we found out about your freezers lol there were some "unique" items I have to say, so today let see

What do you have in the trunk of your vehicle ?

Did you know or did you have to go out and look ?

Bonus Question:

I would probably fall over or at least be speechless if ___________

Today's challenge:

Make a visit to one of the forums here at City-Data you have never been to
Here is the list of all of them, you can click on it and a new window will pop open then scroll down to view them all

http://www.city-data.com/forum/

Which forum did you visit ?

Extra Credit Question :

How many of you never realized there were so many forums available for your viewing & posting pleasure ?

Just for Fun:

How many of you realized you need to add "clean out trunk" to your "To Do List" ?

Today in History:
1821 - Samuel Rust of New York City patented the first practical printing press built in the U.S.
1854 - The first big American billiards match was held at Malcolm Hall in Syracuse, NY
1938 - Louis Armstrong and his orchestra recorded the New Orleans jazz standard, "When the Saints Go Marching In", on Decca Records.
1950 - Diner's Club issues 1st universal credit card
1954 - "Pajama Game" opens at St. James Theater New York City

Word of the Day:
abnegate \AB-nih-gayt\ , transitive verb:
1. To refuse or deny oneself; to reject; to renounce.
2. To give up (rights, claims, etc.); to surrender; to relinquish.

Today is:
National Fruit Cocktail Day
Cough Drop Day
Root Canal Appreciation Day
I Just Called to Say I Love You Day
National Babysitter's Day
Tulip Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 05:51 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times

I'm just posting to say that I love you all. OK - maybe love is a little strong. Let's just say that I truly value the many great posts that you all provide each day as well as the support and friendship from so many of you. This is a terrific thread, Karla is a phenominal hostess and you guys post some of the best, most enjoyable information on City Data.

... and I have no idea what's in my trunk, but probably nothing more exciting than a spare tire, some tools and some miscellaneous auto supplies.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,673,736 times

Today's Question(s):

Yesterday we found out about your freezers lol there were some "unique" items I have to say, so today let see

Mrs D's electric scooter, jumper cables, coveralls, spare tire and a box of race track schedules.

[COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]I knew[/color]

Bonus Question:

I would probably fall over or at least be speechless if Illinois politicians became honest.

Today's challenge:

Here is the list of all of them, you can click on it and a new window will pop open then scroll down to view them all

Health & beauty

Extra Credit Question :

How many of you never realized there were so many forums available for your viewing & posting pleasure ?
Yes, Health & beauty is one of the few I haven't visited

Just for Fun:

How many of you realized you need to add "clean out trunk" to your "To Do List" ?

Today in History:
1821 - Samuel Rust of New York City patented the first practical printing press built in the U.S.
1854 - The first big American billiards match was held at Malcolm Hall in Syracuse, NY
1938 - Louis Armstrong and his orchestra recorded the New Orleans jazz standard, "When the Saints Go Marching In", on Decca Records.
1950 - Diner's Club issues 1st universal credit card
1954 - "Pajama Game" opens at St. James Theater New York City

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Cough Drop Day

YouTube - Stevie Wonder - I just called to say I love you
Tulip Day[/quote]

Old 05-13-2009, 05:59 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Rain! Glorious Rain! My area of town got 1.75 inches! Bring more like that every day! Well, until Saturday....and leave Sunday alone too...we have bike trips planned!

Today's Question(s):

What do you have in the trunk of your vehicle ? A pair of binocular...back from NASCAR races..jumper cables....bungee cord and a blanket.
Did you know or did you have to go out and look ? I knew....I have an SUV so I don't have a truck per se...so it's pretty empty.
Bonus Question:

I would probably fall over or at least be speechless if _I could go thru the day without one political based e-mails getting into my mail box. I HATE them___

Today's challenge:

Which forum did you visit ? Legal Immigration

Extra Credit Question :

How many of you never realized there were so many forums available for your viewing & posting pleasure ? It took me about 6 months after I started searching for land to buy to realize there was even a forum....then I never scrolled down to see more than just the states.
Just for Fun:

How many of you realized you need to add "clean out trunk" to your "To Do List" ? Nope!! Not me

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Cough Drop Day
Root Canal Appreciation Day No Way!!!
I Just Called to Say I Love You Day I will do that for hubby right now!
Tulip Day

Old 05-13-2009, 06:15 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
Today's Question(s):

Rain ponchos for Farmers' Market and American Players' Theatre, a foldable snow shovel, snow brushes and scrapers (hey, I'm in Wisconsin, those are always in the trunk), the spare tire & jack, and a handful of canvas grocery bags.

I knew.

Bonus Question:

I would probably fall over or at least be speechless if
I get more than four hours of sleep per night in the next three weeks. I'm in the middle of financial statement prep, working on budgets for the next fiscal year, getting ready for audit prelim week next week, and working between three and six hours per evening on the 1,000-person convention I volunteer for every year, which occurs over Memorial Day weekend.

Today's challenge:

Will have to take a rain check, as my CD visits at this point are about five minutes per day. I can answer the ? OTD and check up on Cyn's dinner table, but that's about it.

Extra Credit Question :

Oh, I know there are a lot of them. Many tend to be troll-infested and don't interest me.

Just for Fun:

Nope.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:40 AM

4,498 posts, read 6,315,933 times
Today's Question(s):

What do you have in the trunk of your vehicle ? I don't have a vehicle.

Did you know or did you have to go out and look ? I know ........Hang on, maybe I should go have a look.

Bonus Question:

I would probably fall over or at least be speechless if ___________ I met Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran

Today's challenge:

Stopped in and had a look at an argument in the political forum. Haven't gone in there because I'm not American and so for a lot of it, I don't know who they are talking about

Extra Credit Question :

I go through the list regularly to find something interesting to read, that's how I found this forum.

Last edited by Lady Ice; 05-13-2009 at 07:12 AM..

Old 05-13-2009, 06:47 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Good Morning.....

When you have a SUV one doesn't have a trunk!!!

...I knew there was nothing in the back .....
I would probably fall over or at least be speechless if _the next time my hb & I went golfing and I hit a hole one every time!!!wOO hOO!

Today's challenge:

Personal Ads....quite interesting!!

Just for Fun: ...... .
Root Canal Appreciation Day: ...moving on!!!!
I Just Called to Say I Love You Day: ...

Tulip Day:

Old 05-13-2009, 06:51 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,966 times
Today's Question(s):

nothing currently, I'll have a winter kit in there over the winter.
I knew
Bonus Question:

I would probably fall over or at least be speechless if ___________
Karla came on here and said she had no more questions to ask.

Today's challenge:

health and beauty

Extra Credit Question :

I knew there was alot, if I got involved in them all I wouldn't have time left in the day.
Just for Fun:

not me, but the car does need washed. Its the season for bugs.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:51 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,211,214 times
Good Morning!

Today's Question(s):

What do you have in the trunk of your vehicle ? a music "Keg", a couple of rags and that's about it -- I think

Did you know or did you have to go out and look ? I am guessing

Bonus Question:

I would probably fall over or at least be speechless if ___________ ooohhh. Tough one! Someone came along and bought our house. and we were able to find our dream location along with jobs!

Today's challenge:

Hobbies and Recreation - will have to look at that closer when I have more time!

Extra Credit Question :

How many of you never realized there were so many forums available for your viewing & posting pleasure ? I knew -- I have subscribed to several but it seems like I keep adding more when I venture into the "New Posts"

Just for Fun:

How many of you realized you need to add "clean out trunk" to your "To Do List" ? Nope - One thing I don't need to do!

Today is:
National Fruit Cocktail Day Good stuff!
Cough Drop Day - Hate it when they are needed
Tulip Day

Old 05-13-2009, 06:57 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Good morning everyone!
Today's question: Yesterday we found out about your freezers lol there were some unique items I have to say, so today let's see

What do you have in the trunk of your vehicle? OK- HERE GOES-CD'S AND RECORD ALBUMS! TUNES 24/7!

Did you know or did you have to go out and look? Oh, I knew!

Bonus question: I would probably fall over or at least be speechless if......The Moody Blues asked me to play guitar with them on their current tour! WOOHOO!

Today's challenge: Make a visit to one of the forums at city data you have never been to...........OK, which forum did you visit? Will answer that in a little bit. Ok, just did-RENTING! Haven't done that in a long time.

Extra credit question: How many of you never realized there were so many forums available for your viewing and posting pleasure? I'm on a couple different forums but I am on this one as much as the other 3 put together. City data ROCKS!

National fruit cocktail day? Yes!
Cough drop day? been sucking those down, have had a sore throat the last few days.
Root canal appreciation day? YIKES!!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 05-13-2009 at 07:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics