U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 11:38 AM

15,616 posts, read 9,168,636 times

Advertisements

Uh oh - I wasn't thinking of gym as class. Guess I should have answered differently <shamed>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 11:51 AM

1,525 posts, read 1,068,604 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have anything you really really want to get done this weekend ?
Not really but the neighbor wants us to ride bikes up to the local Harley shop so she can see about upgrading her bike. She wants our input. Enjoy the warmer weather. And last but not least - Remember and pray for and thank those who serve or have served our country!

lol What are the chances any of your list will get done ?
All should happen but the last one definitely will!
Bonus Question:

Do you wear bifocals ?
No - I had lasik surgery a few years ago (had my distance vision corrected)

If so do you have the lined or no lined lenses ?

How about reading glasses ?
I have cheaters for really small print

When did you first notice "your arms had gotten shorter" ? We discovered that I needed glasses back in high school when I had bad headaches quite often.

Extra Credit Question:

The "Grill Fairy" is going to stop by your house this weekend.

What yummy item do you want her to bring for your grill ?
Chicken no wait! Steak no, I don't need that.. Hamburger -- hmmmm can't make up my mind! Corn! Potatoes! really doesn't matter - love stuff on the grill!

Just for Fun:

Did you ever "cut" or "skip" a class when you were in school ? Yes - and got caught.
If you see a penny on the ground will you pick it up ? sometimes
Other than change, have you ever found money on the ground? I think I found a dollar or two once
How many different kinds of Pickles are in your fridge ? Dill, hamburger slices, sweet relish, think that is it right now.
Have you ever worn a "Tiara" ? Only a plastic little girls one that said Happy Birthday I wanted to get myself one because it would be FUN! - but DH didn't think I needed it I think we should get a chance to feel like a princess from time to time even if it is in our own house!

Word of the Day:
equanimity \ee-kwuh-NIM-uh-tee; ek-wuh-\ , noun:
Evenness of mind; calmness; composure Some days it is really hard to be like this!

Today is:
National Taffy Day
National Pickle Day
Tiara Day - I want one! With lots of SPARKLE!
Sea Turtle Day
Lucky Penny Day

Hope everyone has a good and safe holiday weekend. And thank you again to the military personnel out there past and present!

Old 05-23-2009, 11:59 AM

17,500 posts, read 18,660,905 times
Yes

Slim and none.

Bonus Question:

Do you wear bifocals ?
Yes

No lines.

How about reading glasses ?
Nope

When did you first notice "your arms had gotten shorter" ?
when my pictures started coming out fuzzy and I noticed I couldn't see the numbers on the license plates on the cars.

Extra Credit Question:

Time to defrost another rack of ribs.

Just for Fun:

Did you ever "cut" or "skip" a class when you were in school ?
Ya, once and I got busted.

If you see a penny on the ground will you pick it up ?
You betcha.

Other than change, have you ever found money on the ground?
Yep, a few times including a $20 bill.

How many different kinds of Pickles are in your fridge ?
At least 6.

Have you ever worn a "Tiara" ?
Hows about a crown?

Old 05-23-2009, 12:17 PM

16,199 posts, read 10,376,247 times
Morning ? peeps..

Do you have anything you really really want to get done this weekend ? nothing in particular.

lol What are the chances any of your list will get done ? probably have more to do than I bargined for

Bonus Question:

Do you wear bifocals ?trifocals. Very hard to get used too.

If so do you have the lined or no lined lenses ? not sure what this is???

How about reading glasses ? up until last year I just wore reading glasses but the old eyes really got worse. I read closed caption on the TV cuz I am really almost deaf. Was getting increasingly difficult to read the close caption so off to the eye doctor I went.. Now I got trifocals.
At night....out come the partial plate, the glasses come off and the hearing aid comes out. Next may be a wooden leg. LOL!!

When did you first notice "your arms had gotten shorter" ?my arms???
I think i'm short all over. They call me lil ' R or lil' Nana

Extra Credit Question:

What yummy item do you want her to bring for your grill ? filet mignon..........

Just for Fun:

Did you ever "cut" or "skip" a class when you were in school ? no, I would have gotten killed.
If you see a penny on the ground will you pick it up ? yes I sure did.
Other than change, have you ever found money on the ground? no.....darn.
How many different kinds of Pickles are in your fridge ? only one. forget what they are. Hubby eats the pickles.
Have you ever worn a "Tiara" ? to my prom in another life. it seems.

National Taffy Day
National Pickle Day
Tiara Day
Sea Turtle Day
Lucky Penny Day[/quote]a lucky penny for everyone

Old 05-23-2009, 12:30 PM

11,425 posts, read 16,672,929 times
Default Today's Question(s)

Do you have anything you really really want to get done this weekend ? ...Yes

lol What are the chances any of your list will get done ? ...Zero, I'm at work

Bonus Question:

Do you wear bifocals ?...Yes

If so do you have the lined or no lined lenses ? ...No lines

How about reading glasses ?...No but i should get some

When did you first notice "your arms had gotten shorter" ?...6 years ago

Extra Credit Question:

What yummy item do you want her to bring for your grill ? ...Steak and lobster, when can i expect her?

Just for Fun:

Did you ever "cut" or "skip" a class when you were in school ?...Heck yes
If you see a penny on the ground will you pick it up ?...Yes
Other than change, have you ever found money on the ground? ....Yes
How many different kinds of Pickles are in your fridge ? ...One..Dill
Have you ever worn a "Tiara" ?...Not while sober

Old 05-23-2009, 12:42 PM

15,538 posts, read 35,674,338 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have anything you really really want to get done this weekend ? Yes - sell my 1970 Ford Torino

lol What are the chances any of your list will get done ? Pretty good chance - I have a guy coming out here tomorrow who seems very interested in it.

Bonus Question:

Do you wear bifocals ? No

If so do you have the lined or no lined lenses ? N/A

How about reading glasses ? Sometimes

When did you first notice "your arms had gotten shorter" ? Never - I dance ballroom and I stretch those arms out to their fullest extension. I have long limbs, which is one of the reasons I take first place most of the time in my standard and smooth heats.

Extra Credit Question:

What yummy item do you want her to bring for your grill ? Seafood!!!

Just for Fun:

Did you ever "cut" or "skip" a class when you were in school ? No - I was a nerdy straight A student.
If you see a penny on the ground will you pick it up ? Yes, if I think nobody's looking.
Other than change, have you ever found money on the ground? Yeah - my mom and I were out shopping one day and there were all these $20 bills flying around. We got out of our car and chased them around the parking lot and caught as many as we could. I think we collected about $300. Nobody ever claimed it, so it was ours to split.
How many different kinds of Pickles are in your fridge ? Yuck!!! None.
Have you ever worn a "Tiara" ? Yes - for my wedding. I still have it. A tiara and a veil.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:50 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,342,180 times
Late start today.... bad sleep night up and down with sick dog... now the darn thing I sleep comfy cozy and well... why aren't I? So before I do my mid-day nighty night attempt.... lets play!
http://ts2.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=721778319245&id=06abf41daeabfd278 04c27ee8607e39a (broken link)

Today's Question(s):

other then my fore mentioned nap? Naw.. I just have today off then report back to wrok tomorrow. Maybe wash my hair....it needs it.

right now looks slim to none.... but I sure hope I can squeeze in the hair!

Bonus Question:

Do you wear bifocals ?
nope... doctor not allowed to mention that B word for a couple more years.
I would get the no line types when I finally break down and get them

How about reading glasses ? none

When did you first notice "your arms had gotten shorter" ? my arms are just fine...

Extra Credit Question:

Steak, about 1 inch thick... corn on the cob, bacon and grillin' beans and smore's fixin's oh yeah some kabab fixins as well.

http://ts3.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=856097689342&id=3e08d2c0c8a65cb2b 3c8ab38d302141e (broken link) http://ts4.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=935758993719&id=5315aeb0985357948 6fdacefc1f817a5 (broken link) http://ts2.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=640452344345&id=b91517ebd824f72d3 24a5842d6631520 (broken link)

Just for Fun:

Did you ever "cut" or "skip" a class when you were in school ? I learned it someplace don't think it was at school. In school I learn wood working, leather work, plastic and metal working. I can put together a small stained glass item. I even learn taxidermy once, don't know why.
If you see a penny on the ground will you pick it up ? sometimes... normally I thank whomever left it there for me and say that I want to leave it for someone else to brighten up thier day. Share the joy.
Other than change, have you ever found money on the ground? a few times... not a soul in sight... never lots of money. Have lost lots of money upwards to one hundred dollars, no one turn it in - of course.
How many different kinds of Pickles are in your fridge ? I have none in mine but mom has butter pikles in hers.
Have you ever worn a "Tiara" ? yes once or twice.
my sister will kill me if she find this....lol
Today's Question Saturday 5-23-09-ballet.jpg
I still have the outfit and possiblely the tiara

Today in History:
1785 - Benjamin Franklin announces his invention of bifocals
http://ts1.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=761088516156&id=65d5d19d8f41fa6b2 fb013699ccf682e (broken link)

1969 - Who release rock opera "Tommy" - I sill have this album http://ts3.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=892946888290&id=db13c4f4646fe29d0 5d1bdfde9df6060 (broken link) Who released the rock opera? Tommy?

Today is:
National Taffy Day

YouTube - Taffy Puller in Seattle 2008

National Pickle Day
Yep this guy is in a pickle!
Today's Question Saturday 5-23-09-picklegulch5-16-09108.jpg

Tiara Day

Sea Turtle Day
Sea Turtles :: Caribbean Conservation & Sea Turtle Survival League
Lucky Penny Day
http://ts4.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=883969885551&id=446340d2833243706 93cd93fe5eb390c (broken link)

Old 05-23-2009, 12:55 PM

38,702 posts, read 45,106,074 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you have anything you really really want to get done this weekend? My main project, which has been a 4 month undergoing, is to continue copying old photos etc into CD"s then to DVDS as digital slide shows for posterity.
lol What are the chances any of your list will get done ? Probably 1%, about 18 hours, of it will get done.

Bonus Question:
Do you wear bifocals? No, I've graduated to tri-focals.

If so do you have the lined or no lined lenses ? Lined.

How about reading glasses ? No.

When did you first notice "your arms had gotten shorter"? Huh? Which arm? haven't had short arm inspection since I got out of the military many many years ago.

Extra Credit Question:
What yummy item do you want her to bring for your grill ? B-b-que ribs are on the menu.

Just for Fun:
Did you ever "cut" or "skip" a class when you were in school ? Yes, several times. Bad boy.
If you see a penny on the ground will you pick it up? Always, a penny saved is a penny earned...
Other than change, have you ever found money on the ground? Found several dollar and five dollar bills. Found many valid $1 to $5 lottery tickets
How many different kinds of Pickles are in your fridge ? One, Vlasic dills.
Have you ever worn a "Tiara"? Uh, don't think so.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:04 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,066,765 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have anything you really really want to get done this weekend ? Clean reptile cages, fish tank, basement, garage, flower beds, saddle, house. Then cut grass, scoop yard, weed whip, repair back steps, move and split grasses, groom dogs, train dog, take pics. Wash truck, laundry. Get stuff ready for yard sale. Antique shop!!

lol What are the chances any of your list will get done ? Working on doing all this weekend.

Bonus Question:

Do you wear bifocals ?yes

If so do you have the lined or no lined lenses ? no line

How about reading glasses ?no

When did you first notice "your arms had gotten shorter" ?about 45

Extra Credit Question:

What yummy item do you want her to bring for your grill ? Pork chops !!

Just for Fun:

Did you ever "cut" or "skip" a class when you were in school ?Never
If you see a penny on the ground will you pick it up ?yes
Other than change, have you ever found money on the ground? 20 dollars
How many different kinds of Pickles are in your fridge ? none
Have you ever worn a "Tiara" ?NOO!!!!

Old 05-23-2009, 01:11 PM
bjh

26,191 posts, read 22,807,257 times
Today's Question(s):

yes, lots of paperwork

Am happy to say it's getting done!

Extra Credit Question:
The "Grill Fairy" is going to stop by your house this weekend. What yummy item do you want her to bring for your grill ?
A couple of steaks wouldn't go amiss. In fact they'd be much appreciated. Let's see the food groups we learned in school were: 1. Dairy 2. Fruit and Veg 3. Meats and proteins 4. Breads and starches. 5. Steak!

Just for Fun:

Did you ever "cut" or "skip" a class when you were in school ?
Like a dummy, yes I did a couple of times. Naturally got caught and was in trouble.
If you see a penny on the ground will you pick it up ?
Nope.
Other than change, have you ever found money on the ground?
The most I ever found was $23 laying on the ground. I saw what looked like a couple of $1 bills folded over on the ground, picked them up and put them in a pocket. Later it occurred to me..maybe they're not just ones. When I looked at them, Lo and behold, there was a $20 that 3 ones had been hiding.
How many different kinds of Pickles are in your fridge ?
Dill, dill and dill. The hot dog relish is gone. *sniff* I'll only eat sweet pickles in relish. We are a dill family. This and something I saw on tv earlier today makes me want to go to the store and get some hot dogs.
Have you ever worn a "Tiara" ?
Not bloody likely

Today in History:
1827 - The first nursery school in the United States was established in New York City. and people have been educating plants ever since
1879 - Iowa State College, located in Ames, IA, established the first veterinary school in the U.S. cool!

Today is:
National Pickle Day
Sea Turtle Day will skip the turtle soup today in their honor. j/k I wish them well
Lucky Penny Day have gotten one of the new pennies already in circulation. on the back instead of the Lincoln memorial is a cabin. I suppose signifying Lincoln's birthplace. Also got an Indian head/Buffalo nickel from the 1930s a couple of weeks ago!

Have a safe and relaxing weekend, all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics