U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 09:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,646 times
Post publishers clearing house

I have been doing the pch sweepstakes since 1990, and i still havent won either. You are not alone. What i think should happen is that the company should be shut down for good. Everyone that works there should be locked up. The money if there is any given to the poor and the lower middle class. That is what i would do if it were my company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 10:02 PM

10,427 posts, read 29,099,124 times
No one ever won. How can any magazine company afford to give hundreds of millions of dollars away? How can the govt let them get away with all the false claims?

Old 01-01-2008, 08:26 AM

693 posts, read 2,139,685 times
I'm just hoping that one day I can post a message here saying that I finally won!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:28 AM

17,200 posts, read 23,790,026 times
In the news 15-20 years ago, I recall a chap who made it a point to get ON just about every mailing list he could, PCH included, as PCH was so prolific at frequently sending out big fat wads of junk mail. They showed pix of the guy on the news getting bagfulls of junk mail 6 days/week. He burned the stuff to heat his small home - for free.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:13 PM

17,200 posts, read 23,790,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cburgin View Post
I have been doing the pch sweepstakes since 1990, and i still havent won either. You are not alone. What i think should happen is that the company should be shut down for good. Everyone that works there should be locked up. The money if there is any given to the poor and the lower middle class. That is what i would do if it were my company.
If people would STOP mailing those stupid "sweepstakes" entries back to PCH, and stop buying anything they're selling, then PCH would go away. I haven't had any of their mailings for years, so glad that crap has stopped.

Get on the DO NOT MAIL list. Register HERE.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:57 PM

2,947 posts, read 1,073,892 times
Never won anything from them. I used to order stuff from them since back in the early 80's. Haven't ordered anything or sent back any entry forms...they still send stuff to me. My big laugh is when they send me the surprised reaction script. Anyone get those?? Now they sent to me which florist and the directions from the florist to my house????

Old 01-16-2009, 07:51 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,543,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
Have you, or anyone that you know personally, ever won anything from Publishers Clearing House. I have entered for many years via their mailings and daily on the net, but have not won a thing. Have you?
Yes, I personally knew the daughter-in-law of an old couple who actually won! They were the parents of a huge family and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving couple! I used to enter after that, since it proved to me that one could actually win...but, I can't stand their entry forms anymore...I hate having to search for all those labels! I haven't bought anything from them in years.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:23 AM

43,862 posts, read 26,720,094 times
I never thought it was a scam:

Quote:
"The surprises you see in our commercials are 100% authentic. The winners do not know we are coming. We just ring their doorbells and give them the good news while the video camera rolls," Sayer said. This award brings the total amount of major prizes given away in the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes to over $160 million.
For those who didn't have Ms. Hausmann luck this time around, there are always more opportunities to win. The company faithfully awards dozens of major prizes ranging from $10,000 to $10 million all year long, along with other prizes. Even more chances to win can be found by visiting Publishers Clearing House.com | Online Sweepstakes | Online Lottery, the company's online affiliate. A multi- million dollar prize will be awarded this coming January following the Super Bowl.
Here is the link.....but it has one of those pop up advertisements:
Pennsylvania Resident a $1,000,000 Surprise Winner in Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes. | North America > United States from AllBusiness.com (http://tinyurl.com/955zdm - broken link)

From what I've read online, the 2008 big prize winners were from Nebraska. I would imagine lots of these people chose to keep their privacy so they don't get beg letters for money from the masses.

If I ever won, I wouldn't tell anyone either. I would live basically the same and just go around surprising people with anonymous gifts and cash. Wouldn't that just be a great way to get to spend your life?

Old 01-17-2009, 03:28 PM

6,351 posts, read 13,033,533 times
We never win anything. Then again, I have no idea what we'd do with a door prize. We have all the doors we need on our home.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:01 AM

27,913 posts, read 20,452,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
If I ever won, I wouldn't tell anyone either. I would live basically the same and just go around surprising people with anonymous gifts and cash. Wouldn't that just be a great way to get to spend your life?
With PCH you have no choice. They show up un-announced with TV cameras and media people and publicize you all over the world. If you read the rules you'll see that you give permission when you enter to publicize your good fortune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics