U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:00 PM

42,697 posts, read 19,577,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Ali played the part of Jennifer.....
I thought Ali was in the sport of Boxing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 01:02 PM

11,822 posts, read 10,378,687 times
Do you have hanging pictures of your parent(s)?
If so, is it your mom, dad, or both?
Sure do, also have the in-laws pix on the wall.

Do you know how your parents met?
I think they met at work.

How far back, in your childhood, can you remember?
Probably 3 or 4.

For those of you who have had the 'privilege' of changing diapers (yikes, lol!) do you prefer cloth or paper diapers?
When the kids were young the only kind available was cloth.

Trivia question:
Who were the two main characters (real names) in the movie Love Story?
I didn't know the answer, but I do now.

Did you see the movie?
Yes

Bonus question:
If you could paint your car any colour in the colour spectrum, what would you choose?
Silver or a light beige.

Why?
Just like light colored cars.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:13 PM

34,052 posts, read 11,058,189 times
Good Job LiveWire....interesting questions...you did great!

Now comes the question of the day:

I have a very nice oil portrait that had been commissioned of my father hanging in the living room.
Yes, they met at an orientation class at Ministerial School....Dad remarked to a friend that evening..."I met the woman I am going to marry today."

I remember a few events from when I was around 3 1/2 or 4 years old.

For those of you who have had the 'privilege' of changing diapers (yikes, lol!) do you prefer cloth or paper diapers?

I far prefered cloth diapers!

Trivia question:
Who were the two main characters (real names) in the movie Love Story? Havent a clue.
Did you see the movie? No.

Bonus question:
If you could paint your car any colour in the colour spectrum, what would you choose?

Bright Red or Bright Yellow.
That was the color I wanted to get but DP chose "Mojave Mist".
Why?
I still think my color choice was better.
Today is 'National leftovers day'. Dont know if there's any real such day, but if not, I just made it. So ....what 'leftovers' are you serving up fro breakfast, lunch or dinner?
We had left over ribs and chicken with left over potato salad and spicy Korean Slaw for lunch. I am thinking of left over spaghetti and meat balls for supper.

Its also 'National slippers day'. Go ahead and stay in your slippers all day, give your feet a break from hard, closed off shoes, let them breathe!

Old 07-05-2009, 01:18 PM

8,183 posts, read 11,230,739 times
Whoohoo! I'm actually here on a Sunday. Hubby's watching what I think is a stupid movie so I'm left to entertain myself......this could be trouble.

For those who asked...my friend in much better and even thinks he'll go to work on Monday!

Do you have hanging pictures of your parent(s)? Yes I do but they don't play well together so they are at opposite ends of the hallway.
If so, is it your mom, dad, or both? Mom and stepdad in one and Dad and step mother in the other. They would like to hang each other does that count?

Do you know how your parents met? At a church function MYF I think.

How far back, in your childhood, can you remember? Bits and pieces of my 3rd year.
For those of you who have had the 'privilege' of changing diapers (yikes, lol!) do you prefer cloth or paper diapers? Paper please.

Trivia question:
Did you see the movie? I do know but now I've seen it on many posts lol

Bonus question:
If you could paint your car any colour in the colour spectrum, what would you choose? Forrest Green (it is this) or dark blue
Why? I just like it!

Today is 'National leftovers day'. Dont know if there's any real such day, but if not, I just made it. So ....what 'leftovers' are you serving up fro breakfast, lunch or dinner? I have baked bean left from yesterday. We didn't eat here last night so not many around.
Its also 'National slippers day'. Go ahead and stay in your slippers all day, give your feet a break from hard, closed off shoes, let them breathe! I'm letting them puppies breathe!!

Great job Livewire!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:21 PM

4,261 posts, read 3,092,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOPbaby View Post
An orange, polka-dotted VW bug would be AWESOME! GO FOR IT!!!

Are you talking to me???

Okay, everyone, we need to take a few kids with dirty diapers over to Mutt's house just to show him what he's been missing! Who's with me?
You gots to find me first. I's not home. Not even in state.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:19 PM
NCN

14,084 posts, read 12,057,721 times

No, but my husband is the Third, so Senior is hanging in our livingroom. They even look alike. Our son is the Fourth. He and his wife have two girls. Guess the numbers stop now.

Do you know how your parents met? They went to school together, but that is all I know. Everybody in their neighborhood went to the same church too.

How far back, in your childhood, can you remember? I remember chopping myself with an ax when I was about 3 years old, or it may have been five. I was a preschooler because I decided to chop wood like my brother did. I still have a scar.

For those of you who have had the 'privilege' of changing diapers (yikes, lol!) do you prefer cloth or paper diapers? This was not a choice for me. My children were allergic to the throw-away kind. I remember having 75 diapers when we started in North Carolina to travel to Denver, Colorado and the first thing we had to do when we got there was find a coin laundry because our diaper pail in the trunk of the car was full. The trip took three days and we averaged about 16 diapers per day.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:22 PM

15,920 posts, read 4,629,494 times
Wow, good job Miss Livewire! Thanks for ?'s today!!! Good afternoon ?'s Buddies, hope every one is enjoying their day!

Mom, Dad & Both of them together!

An NCO club in Chicago, 1940.

I can remember somethings as far back as when I was two.

I used cloth with both my daughters, but disposables with all the grands. I woud say disposable.

Trivia question:
Did you see the movie?
Ali McGraw & Ryan O'Neil

Bonus question:
Why?
Call me boring, but I just like white.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:39 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 1,915,912 times

Do you have hanging pictures of your parent(s)?............yes I do

Is of both of them when they got married.

I have no idea and is impossible for me to ask, because both of them are deceased.

I can remember as back as when I was around 4 or 5 I guess.

I have changed my niece diapers so I guess that would qualify???...In her case her mom had to get cloth diapers for her, because she is so fair she got burned easily...

Trivia question:
Did you see the movie?

I did see the movie...But I have no idea what the main characters real names are..I am not good when it comes to actors or actresses names.
Bonus question:
Why?

No, I like the color of my car..which is candy apple red..so no need to change it's color.

Today is 'National leftovers day'. Dont know if there's any real such day, but if not, I just made it. So ....what 'leftovers' are you serving up fro breakfast, lunch or dinner?

I do not have any left over...
Its also 'National slippers day'. Go ahead and stay in your slippers all day, give your feet a break from hard, closed off shoes, let them breathe!

They are well and breathing!!!

Old 07-05-2009, 06:27 PM

23,818 posts, read 15,824,454 times
Talking Strange question about parents? LOL

If so, is it your mom, dad, or both? No, they both died of natural causes and never committed any crimes. Why would you ask about their “hanging”? However yes I do have photos of them in the house.

Do you know how your parents met? Yes

How far back, in your childhood, can you remember? All of the way back until I forget how far. Well maybe 3 years of age.

For those of you who have had the 'privilege' of changing diapers (yikes, lol!) do you prefer cloth or paper diapers? I’m out of the room!

Trivia question:
Did you see the movie?

Bonus question:
Why?

Old 07-05-2009, 06:35 PM

42,697 posts, read 19,577,593 times
I have my own question, when's Karla coming back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics