U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-04-2007, 06:16 AM

8,002 posts, read 12,703,894 times
OMG Rance!! How did you win and not me. Well I'm happy to say this morning I woke up to a 6.5 million dollar winning email!! Don't y'all start hatin on me now It's funny, every week this woman's husband is assasinated by unknown persons! Not a lucky man, eh?

My Dear,

It is my pleasure to contact you for a business venture which I and my Son Collins, intend to establish in your country.

Though I have not meet with you before but I believe,one has to risk confidence in other to succeed sometimes in life.There is this huge amount of ($6.5,000,000.00) million U.S dollars which my late Husband kept for us in a Bank in Adibjan before he was assasinated by unknown persons.

Now I and my son have decided to invest these money in your country or anywhere safe enough outside Africa for Bank and political reasons.We want you to help us claim and retrieve these fund from the Fiduciary Fund Holders and transfer it into your personal account in your country for investment purposes on these areas:

1). Telecommunication
2). the transport industry
3). Five star hotel
If you can be of an assistance to us we will be pleased to offer to you 15% Of the total fund

I await your soonest response

Respectfully yours,

Mrs. Sonia Johnson.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 09:50 AM

14,731 posts, read 23,849,254 times
Hey you won more than me! That is so not fair.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:46 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,811,319 times
I didn't get any winning email

Old 12-06-2007, 07:49 PM

8,002 posts, read 12,703,894 times
Ahhh, DC, don't feel bad, here's my winnings today ~ 35.5 million dollars, here you can have it.

Dear Friend
I am sorry for contacting you through this medium without a previous notice; I had to use the E-mail because it is an easier and more confidential way of making contact with people around the world.

My name is Richard James a banker, with UNION BANK PLC.I happen to be the chief account officer to Late Eng. John Amoroso, a national of your country, who used to work with Chevron- Development Company in Nigeria.

Here in after shall be referred to as my client. On the 27th of January 2002, my client, his wife and their three children were involved in Ikeja bomb blast. Which All occupants unfortunately lost their lives?

Since then I have made several inquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to track his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family so that the proceed can be paid to him as for our mutual benefit.

The reason I have contacted you is to assist me in repatriating the money and property left behind by my late client before the banks get the funds confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this funds is been deposited.

Particularly, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) where the deceased had an account valued at about USD $35.5 million dollars has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin to this funds or have the account confiscated within the next Thirty (30) Working official days.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 4 years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name with my client so that the proceeds of this account valued at USD35.5 million dollars can be paid out to you, and then you and me can share the money.60% to me and 40% for you.

Not with standing, I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up this claim in a risk free atmosphere that will protect you and i from any breach of the law. All I requires from you is your total honest and above all cooperation as to enable us seeing this deal through.

I guarantee you that this transaction will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect our both family from any breach of the law.

Please get in touch with me by my private email (richardjoffice@yahoo.com)

Best regards,
Richard James,

Old 12-06-2007, 07:58 PM

mjb68, WOW thanks! that is so generous........ oh wait, it's the Bank of Nigeria.

Thanks though, you're a sweetie mjb68

Old 12-06-2007, 11:59 PM

8,763 posts, read 14,297,865 times
DCNative, you can have this one, it's not as much as mjb offered, but it's better than nothing.

Standard Chartered Bank
Koforidua Branch
My phone unmber +233249102291

Dear Friend,
My name is Madam Faith Hudson I am the regional manager of Standard Chartered Bank Koforidua branch Ghana. I got your information on a recent bank conference with other West African countries held in Lome the capital city of Togo in West Africa. I write you this proposal in good faith; I am 42 years old married with two lovely kids. I am a devoted Christian and a woman of peace.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit you and I, as the regional manager of the Standard Chartered Bank it is my duty to send in a financial report to my head office in the capital city Accra at the end of each business year. on the course of the last year 2006 business report, I discovered that my branch in which I am the manager made Five million seven hundred and twenty thousand united state dollars($5,720,000.00) which my head office are not aware of and will never be aware of. I have placed this funds on what we call escrow call account with no beneficiary. As an officer of this bank I cannot be directly connected to this money, so my aim of contacting you is to assist me receive this money in your bank account and get 30% of the total funds as commission.

There are practically no risks involved, it will be a bank to bank transfer, and all I need from you is to stand claim as the original depositor of these funds who made the deposit with my branch so that my head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account.If you accept to work with me I will appreciate it very much.

My private phone number is above, call me if you think we can work together so that we can go over the details. Thank you in advance and May god bless you and your family.

Yours truly
Madam Faith Hudson

Old 12-07-2007, 12:29 AM

15,120 posts, read 23,907,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
DCNative, you can have this one, it's not as much as mjb offered, but it's better than nothing.

Standard Chartered Bank
Koforidua Branch
My phone unmber +233249102291

Dear Friend,
My name is Madam Faith Hudson I am the regional manager of Standard Chartered Bank Koforidua branch Ghana. I got your information on a recent bank conference with other West African countries held in Lome the capital city of Togo in West Africa. I write you this proposal in good faith; I am 42 years old married with two lovely kids. I am a devoted Christian and a woman of peace.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit you and I, as the regional manager of the Standard Chartered Bank it is my duty to send in a financial report to my head office in the capital city Accra at the end of each business year. on the course of the last year 2006 business report, I discovered that my branch in which I am the manager made Five million seven hundred and twenty thousand united state dollars($5,720,000.00) which my head office are not aware of and will never be aware of. I have placed this funds on what we call escrow call account with no beneficiary. As an officer of this bank I cannot be directly connected to this money, so my aim of contacting you is to assist me receive this money in your bank account and get 30% of the total funds as commission.

There are practically no risks involved, it will be a bank to bank transfer, and all I need from you is to stand claim as the original depositor of these funds who made the deposit with my branch so that my head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account.If you accept to work with me I will appreciate it very much.

My private phone number is above, call me if you think we can work together so that we can go over the details. Thank you in advance and May god bless you and your family.

Yours truly
Madam Faith Hudson
Obviously this one is legit because she said she is a devoted Christian!

Old 12-09-2007, 02:46 AM

7,728 posts, read 8,414,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
The details are below. Any suggestions for how I can spend it?

He is asking for my contact info- any suggestions on what to give him?!

Received on my AOL acount:

Solicitor,Advocate and Notary Public
Office: 10 snow hill, London
EC1A ,2A1,ENGLAND 96 DX
LONDON,CITY

To: INHERTANCE BENEFICIARY

Last and Final Notification of Bequest

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate
of Late Engr.
Martins Scott, I once again try to notify you as my
earlier letter to you through the Post Office was
returned undelivered, therefore I now attempt to reach
you via your email address as it appears to be the
next and the only option left unexplored.

Engr. Martins Scott (late), made you a beneficiary
in
his will, he left Three Million one Hundred United
States Dollars (US$3.100.000.00) to you in the codicil
and last testament to his will. My client, Eng Scott
was a pioneer memberof STRABAG CONSTRUCTION CO.LTD,a
dedicated Catholic Christian and Philanthropist.

And he instructed that part of the funds be used in
humanitarian\charity works and the Spread\preach of
the word of God.

He died on the 9th day of February 2002 at the age of
82 and his WILL is now ready for execution.
Please If I reach you as I am hopeful I will, endeavor
to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me
conclude my job,you should forward along your current
telephone and Fax numbers, your current mailing

Once again, I want you to know that this is a
significant honor indeed as it behooves you herefore
to act at once to avoid risk of delay.

Yours In Service
MR. BEN WILLIAMS
(Sectional Head)
Probate and Bequest Division For:
TRAVERS BRAITHWAITES AND PARTNERS
Mr Ben Williams
I've gotten like five or six of those.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:31 AM

I'm thinking that these scams still work, or else they'd have stopped this long ago.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:42 PM

8,763 posts, read 14,297,865 times
I like the new titles they started using. "PROJECT CRP." Which I call Project Crap. Which is what it is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics