Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:30 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,587,245 times

Advertisements

Men don't have to go through menstruation, know what childbirth really feels like nor go through menopause. Yet men so freely say women are moody. Ya think ?

Last edited by AliceT; 07-14-2009 at 10:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 10:55 PM

7,487 posts, read 7,979,456 times
It is true us men do not have to go thru all of that. However perhaps if women were a little more cheerful when giving us our daily reminder of what it is like, we would not so freely say women are moody.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:01 PM

54,482 posts, read 33,796,391 times
LOL.. Alice, when women go through their menstrual cycles, we feel their effects too!

I've never brought any children into the world, but in my opinion, child birth is only the first step for a man and a woman, raising the child is a responsibility they both have to share FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES not just until they're 18. Children might be able to take care of themselves after they're 18, but it's always important to keep the family unity.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:11 PM

Mike, Go to your room!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:12 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,455,682 times
I don't mean to sound corny, but this is how I feel. I loved being pregnant. Men miss out on life's greatest miracle. Feeling life inside your body is awesome! As for getting a period...yes, I felt it was a hassle at times, but overall, at the end of each month's cycle, I felt cleansed. My period was always a reminder that I'm a woman and capable of bearing a child. Yes, sometimes I had PMS and aI dealt with it as best I could...change my diet, get plenty of sleep, pamper myself when that time of the month came around. I don't envy men because they don't have to experience those things. Men have their own pressures and stuff to deal with that I want no part of.

I'm glad I was born a female!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
I'm glad I was born a female!
What? No mention of menopause? That's the great finale!!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:41 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,651,554 times
WHen the time came for me to have a hysterectomy, dh and I sat in the doctors private office going over what to expect. Suddenly, Dh turns to me and says, "If I knew with 100% certainty we could have a girl, I would say let's postpone this for a year and go for it !" he said this with a huge grin.

I turned to him, and replied, " If you remember correctly, when we got married and discussed children I told you I wanted 2 boys. Well, I got 'em and if you want any more you gotta have 'em yourself!"

This to the man that threw up right along side me when I was delivering my last one, and went to the far end of the house shutting every door, turning on every tv and radio just to escape the sounds of me getting sick each morning as I was cooking his breakfast....

LOL if only they could live life as a female for 1 month!!!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 PM

Save that thought for menopause. That's a whole new world of joy!

Old 07-15-2009, 12:10 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,455,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
What? No mention of menopause? That's the great finale!!

My journey through menopause has been smooth as silk...LOL

No kidding. I've had NO problems at all. Just a hot flash here or there. Heck, I haven't even had one of those in months. I love the fact hubby and I don't have to worry ourselves with birth control anymore (I haven't had a period since 2005) so the 'danger' of a pregnancy is long past.

Other than a few annoying chin hairs, menopause has been a pleasant experience for me (and my hubby too)!

Old 07-15-2009, 12:43 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,050,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Men don't have to go through menstruation, know what childbirth really feels like nor go through menopause. Yet men so freely say women are moody. Ya think ?
Yea but keep in mind men have a reputation to uphold. How masculine could I possibly be if I syhmpathized with a woman for being moody and not make a wise crack about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics