U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:31 AM

3,927 posts, read 5,715,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning/evening everyone
Happy Friday
Well by now you might be wondering "again with the early question"
Well I have 4 things going on tomorrow morning starting at around 7:30 am so I figured, post it tonight at a leisurely pace or get up and rush through writing the thread, and we all know Sunday is my rushed thread day
Want to guess which option I chose

Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of cars as male & female ? yes and mine is female.
(For example a muscle car may lean more towards being an tough guy where as a mini-van you think more soccer mom)

Bonus Question:

Does the vehicle you drive now "fit" your personality ? yes she does...

Have you ever named one of your vehicles ? but of course I have...but since I am so old and can't remember anything, I can't remember the name of her, um might have been Betsy.

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ? a couple of years ago while on the coast.

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ? on a one way trail that was leading to nowhere right in the middle of nowhere Hardly do I get a bit uneasy while out, this time I did, kept thinking of serial killers dumping grounds..

Just for Fun:

Have you ever heard of or played any of the following games
Probe
Triominos
Black Box
Croquet played this when I was a youngster.

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? potatoes
Weirdest Mashed food you have ever seen or tried ? poi, while in Hawaii....yuk

Word of the Day:
dulcet\DUHL-sit\ , adjective:
1.Pleasing to the ear; melodious; harmonious.
2.Generally pleasing, soothing, or agreeable.

Today is:
National Peach Ice Cream Day now this I can sink my teeth into! Love peach ice cream...

Wrong Way Day I've had a few of these, and not necessiarily while driving either!

National Get Out of the Doghouse Day Well, I could say welcome to freedom Mike, but you always have to go to your room!
POW-MIA Recognition Day
horrible those who never came home...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 03:20 AM

5,309 posts, read 3,832,248 times
Default Early works for me!

Today's Question(s):
In honor of POW-MIA Recognition Day

How many of our ? family remember POW bracelets ? Yes

Did any of you wear one ? Yes

Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of cars as male & female ? Absolutely!
(For example a muscle car may lean more towards being an tough guy where as a mini-van you think more soccer mom)

Bonus Question:

Does the vehicle you drive now "fit" your personality ? Yes - one's a SUV, (Honda CRV) with a "bun" (spare tire) on the back (in the summer I usually let m" hair grow and whip it up when it gets hot); the other is a Mazda Miata - small but feisty

If not what type of vehicle would "fit " ?

Have you ever named one of your vehicles ? Yes, the Honda is "Big Blue" - my "male" car gets me through our MN winters and the Miata is the female - "Abby" - my spring/summer/fall "motorcycle (with training wheels)"

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ? I drove from FL to MN in 1 1/2 days - almost straight through with little sleep. I was within 2-3 miles of my house and I was lost - I was so tired - it was 4:00a.m. and I was lost - I was just beginning to panic when I looked over at a house I was passing and recognized it (my neighbor) and then there was my house!!! I was so relieved when I drove into my driveway!!

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ? Driving from the Newark airport to Piscataway NJ - everyone said to be careful and not miss the exit - they didn't tell me why - they just laughed. Well, I missed the exit and ended in a spot in Newark that you never want to go to. It was summer and very hot. My a/c in my rental didn't work but I was too afraid to roll the windows down. I saw an entrance ramp sign to a highway and took it - didn't know where I was going but knew I was getting out of there. As it turned out, that was the highway I was suppose to be on.

Just for Fun:

Probe
Triominos
Black Box
Croquet Yes

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? Sweet Potatoes
Weirdest Mashed food you have ever seen or tried ? peas

Today in History:

1850 - Harvard Observatory takes 1st photograph of a star, Vega
1861 - Congress authorizes paper money
1867 - Harvard School of Dental Medicine was established in Boston, MA. It was the first dental school in America.
1938 - Douglas (Wrong Way) Corrigan leaves New York for LA, wound up in Ireland
1967 - Monkees perform at Forest Hills, New York, Jimi Hendrix is opening act

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Peach Ice Cream Day
Wrong Way Day
National Get Out of the Doghouse Day
POW-MIA Recognition Day

[+] Rate this post positively
[RIGHT] [/RIGHT]
Karla with a KView Public ProfileSend a direct message to Karla with a KSend email to Karla with a KFind all posts by Karla with a KAdd Karla with a K to Your Contacts
[LEFT]Ads by Google

New POW Challenge Coin - Get the new POW Challenge Coin here Great gift, in stock now. get yours - [SIZE=-1]CoinsForAnything.com[/SIZE]

Dental Help - Save up to 70% - Use Immediately! From $6.95 mo. - See Actual Costs. - [SIZE=-1]www.1Dental.com[/SIZE]

Vietnam Photo Gallery - View the Best Images from Vietnam! Free Photos, Screensavers & More. - [SIZE=-1]www.Away.com[/SIZE]

[/LEFT]

Old 07-17-2009, 03:40 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,980,682 times

Today's Question(s):

How many of our ? family remember POW bracelets ? I don't remember seeing one.

Did any of you wear one ?

Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of cars as male & female ? Yes

Bonus Question:

Does the vehicle you drive now "fit" your personality ? Yes, a pick em up truck!

Have you ever named one of your vehicles ? Yes, ****head is the most common name

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ? About a year ago

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ? They are all strange when your lost!

Just for Fun:

Have you ever heard of or played any of the following games No
Probe
Triominos
Black Box
Croquet

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? Taters
Weirdest Mashed food you have ever seen or tried ?

Today is:
Wrong Way Day Daily
National Get Out of the Doghouse Day Whew!! Thought this day would never come!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 03:57 AM

5,826 posts, read 6,164,723 times
How many of our ? family remember POW bracelets ? Me

Did any of you wear one ? Yes and so did many people I knew

Did you ever think of cars as male & female ? My car is most assuredly a female. She knows how to pamper me and make me appreciate all she does.

Does the vehicle you drive now "fit" your personality ? Absolutely! And it spoils me, too. I love my car!

Have you ever named one of your vehicles ? All of them. I called my dad's car the Blue Bomb. When he died and it became mine, I painted it yellow and had an artist paint a happy face on the driver and passenger doors. Then the Blue Bomb became Sunshine. It's amazing what a new coat of paint will do for how well a car drives . My current vehicle is a Chrysler Town & Country and her name is Princess.

Last time you got lost while driving ? Aww, that's not a nice question to ask a person like me. Happens all the time. Last time was about a week ago.

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ? On a dirt road that became progressively more narrow with nothing but huge cliff type drops on either side of it. Backing up was the only way off this curvy road and that was really slow - since it was at night and a winding mountain goat style path by the time I realized it wasn't going to get wider or better the further I went. But alas, that was where my GPS told me to go... Did I mention it was at night and I have tinted windows on my car?

Have you ever heard of or played any of the following games Probe No and no
Triominos No and no
Black Box No and no
Croquet Yes and yes

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? taters
Weirdest Mashed food you have ever seen or tried ? zucchini bread (mashed zucchini)

Old 07-17-2009, 05:15 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,373 posts, read 3,821,729 times

Today's Question(s):

How many of our ? family remember POW bracelets ?

Did any of you wear one ? - no

Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of cars as male & female ? - kinda maybe

Bonus Question:

Does the vehicle you drive now "fit" your personality ?

Have you ever named one of your vehicles ? - nope

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ? I know its happened I just dont remember.....

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ? "misplaced" just like this feeling I'm having right now........lol

Just for Fun:

Probe
Triominos
Black Box
Croquet - I've done this

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? taters

Word of the Day:

Today is:
POW-MIA Recognition Day[/quote] and never be forgotten!

Old 07-17-2009, 06:45 AM

19,922 posts, read 7,367,995 times
1967 - Monkees perform at Forest Hills, New York, Jimi Hendrix is opening act.

Looking at this forty plus years later, the fact that they were on the same bill is amazing ... and that Jimi opened for the Monkees defies description! What would be today's equivalent for that, Paul McCartney opening for the Jonas Brothers?

Old 07-17-2009, 06:57 AM

5,651 posts, read 6,713,661 times
I'll be at the track all day. Didn't have time to read all posts. I'll get back later today, I think.

Today's Question(s):

As a Viet Nam vet, I remember them well.

Did any of you wear one ? Yes

Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of cars as male & female ?
As much as I like cars I have never credited them with ant human characteristics.

Bonus Question:

No, the car we have now was bought to meet Mrs D's needs.

Actually my Studebaker fit quite well. Unusual and quick.

Have you ever named one of your vehicles ?
I never named one but the other track announcer said "here come the Studedudes" the first year we ran the car. It stuck.

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ?
My last job I covered Northern Ill, all of WI, Michigan's UP and parts of Iowa. I was in towns that had no paved roads and towns that I could not find on a map. I relied on my GPS device alot. If you have ever done that you get to the place where you have no idea where you are but you know you are headed the right direction to get where you are going.

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ?
Again relying on my GPS it directed me to turn left onto a 2 track dirt road that went through some woods. It was a beautiful day so I turned. Two miles later I came out on a State highway about 3 miles from my destination.

Just for Fun:

Probe NO
Triominos Heard of it, never played.
Black Box NO
Croquet Use to play this when I was a kid. I don't think we knew the rules.

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ?
Potatoes with lots of beef gravy

My dad bought a "liquifier" on the boardwalk in Atlantic City. You were supposed to be able to put anything in it and turn it to liquid. Dad thought it wouldbe healthier for us if he put the eggs and shells in it before he made dumplings. Have you had dumplings with grit.

Today in History:
1850 - Harvard Observatory takes 1st photograph of a star, Vega
1861 - Congress authorizes paper money
1867 - Harvard School of Dental Medicine was established in Boston, MA. It was the first dental school in America.
1938 - Douglas (Wrong Way) Corrigan leaves New York for LA, wound up in Ireland

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Wrong Way Day
POW-MIA Recognition Day[/quote]

Old 07-17-2009, 07:22 AM

15,514 posts, read 7,662,559 times
How many of our ? family remember POW bracelets ? none

Did any of you wear one ? no

Extra Credit Question:

(For example a muscle car may lean more towards being an tough guy where as a mini-van you think more soccer mom) yeah. Like a rough tough big pickup for a rough tough guy.
A cute little pink car for a girl

Bonus Question:

Does the vehicle you drive now "fit" your personality ? I would say so. I have a corrolla.

If not what type of vehicle would "fit " probably honda accord.

Have you ever named one of your vehicles ? LOl.......no not really

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ? Driving through NYC a few months back.

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ? hum......can't think of any right now.

Just for Fun:

Probe
Triominos
Black Box
Croquetnone of the others ring a bell but I had a croquetttte set as a kid. Loved this game.

Weirdest Mashed food you have ever seen or tried ? I'm not a mashed person.

Today is:
National Peach Ice Cream Dayoh......now you talking
Wrong Way DayI should fit in this nicely
National Get Out of the Doghouse Day he mike......this is your day
POW-MIA Recognition Day[/quote]Hope we think them on others day as well.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:43 AM

1,692 posts, read 2,380,530 times
Today's Question(s):

http://ts4.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1016090532899&id=4cae27748937d5b3 48ff12598357c00c&url=http%3a%2f%2fdaveweb.org%2fgr aphics%2fbracelet%2fbracelet.gif (broken link)http://ts3.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1077545279414&id=b1f56837e9b29b06 3dd74f7e67367079&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ruggedelegan tliving.com%2fa%2fimages%2fPOW.Bracelet.jpg (broken link)
Did any of you wear one ? Luckily never needed to wear one. Apparently they updated the design
http://ts1.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=943372308616&id=4a803522b888cd388 ea508703c699021&url=http%3a%2f%2fsecure.angelfirem emorial.com%2fmemstore%2fosc%2fimages%2fBracelet-POW.png (broken link)

Extra Credit Question:

http://images.cobaltgroup.com/3/9/6/602942693x250.jpg (broken link)
Just got my new car yesterday. What lenghty process it was in making up my mind on a car. so I just need to get to know my car before I make that choice. My last car I thought of as gender nuetral or more or less both genders one vehicle. Sometimes she was more girl like other times he was more guy like.

Bonus Question:

Does the vehicle you drive now "fit" your personality ? Yes and no.

If not what type of vehicle would "fit " ? Never thought of it. Some sporty yet rugged, with great handling on the road,...except for the size the mini has all that.

Have you ever named one of your vehicles ? As a mini owner I am suppose to name my mini. Haven't chosen a name yet. My red Dodge Dart was My LRC (Little Red Corvette after the Prince song). any ideas out there for my mini. When I am done with my mini he/she will be decked out with Purple stripes and various elements added on.

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ? I don't get lost often but I did a cross country trip several years ago and ended up in west end Atlanta, Georgia.... was nervous if only all the folks were looking at me oddly. even I was trying to figure out why was this white chick doing down here.

Just for Fun:

Probe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probe_(parlor_game)
Triominos this one I have heard of but never played.

Black Box Looks familular but I know I have never played it.
Black Box (game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Croquet This I have played but with the group I was playing with I only learned how to cheat and have fun so I could never play with honest serious players.
Croquet Rules & Regulations - Croquet.com
What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? Mashed Taters of course... meat and Potatoes kid here!
Weirdest Mashed food you have ever seen or tried ? This goes back to 9th grade had my jaw wired shut for several weeks following oral surgery. the hospital tried to feed me a meal of puree green beans, puree salsbury steak, puree carrots and puree mash potatoes. Meat was never meant to be pureed, period! case close.... yuk would not even come close. If you all think hospital food is bad, try it pureed they can make it worse.

Today in History:
The Monkees Home Page

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Wrong Way Day
http://ts2.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=952208141725&id=dfc15727994eaf04e 743a8f0fdfb6be5&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.xfunny.net%2f wp-content%2fuploads%2f2008%2f09%2fwrong-way.jpg (broken link)
http://ts4.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=816161889863&id=eaa7fcac27284d259 5b1f173a26f6c47&url=http%3a%2f%2fimage.bizrate.com %2fresize%3fsq%3d160%26uid%3d788701266 (broken link)
POW-MIA Recognition Day
http://ncrstexas.org/events/past/albums/tribute/pow_mia_2005c.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-17-2009, 07:56 AM

17,831 posts, read 21,540,972 times
morning everyone

Well I have 3 of the 4 things on my list done and woo hoo it is before 9 am !!
though I added 2 more to the list

so while I wait for the paint guy to show up (#4) let me take a few minutes to answer

Today's Question(s):

yes !!

Did any of you wear one ?

Yes I wore one actually had 2 the 1st one broke from wearing it constantly I think it was helped along during art class when we used the potters wheel and it rubbed against it the 2nd one also broke but I think I still have part of it somewhere around here

I remember when they has released a large number of POWs and kept watchign the TV and reading the list looking for "my guy" I remembered when I saw his name I cried

Extra Credit Question:

Yes

Bonus Question:

hmm the 4 runner fits the gardener side
the Acura well it does have a bit of "zoom zoom"

ok funny story time

I drove a 300z sports car with a stick when I moved down to FL
After a few years a house and 2 greyhounds later I realized that I needed a vehicle with more room to haul the dogs my DJ equipt & scuba stuff
So I went and got my first SUV
About a month after I got it I realized "hey something is missing" I wasn't getting "checked out" anymore (remember this was when I was single)
It hit me I think folks thought "soccer mom" in the SUV and because it had a V8
I must of had plenty of "soccer mom duties"

Have you ever named one of your vehicles ?

I have never named one of my cars but I name my friends cars lol

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ?

A couple weeks ago while up in PA I stopped at my aunts house
after picking up the suitcase full of bagels
I missed the exit on the turnpike to get to the "blue route" which would take us to the airport
When I saw the "king of prussia" exit knew I had gone past our exit
But it turns out this was a good thing, because this was Sunday July 5th and everyone was coming back home from the Poconos, so I missed the normal traffic build up we run into at the usual exit

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ?

On the way home from a dive trip my nephew and I took the wrong turn we found ourselves is a very "rural" area my nephew who has a pretty good sense of humor started humming the theme from "Deliverance"

I have also gotten "misplaced" in Newark NJ

Just for Fun:

Probe
Triominos
Black Box
Croquet

I have never heard of the first 3 , but am now going to have to look them up
I also played Croquet years ago and as someone else said I don't think we every knew the rules either

hands down taters !!!

Someone once had mashed cauliflower I just looked at them shook my head and asked "why"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics