U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 05:30 PM

1,692 posts, read 2,394,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
ooo congrats on the new car
I just love car shopping !!!

I test drove a mini a few years ago and was surprised how it didn't feel as if I was in such a small car

I think
Marilyn if it is a girl and Fred if it is a guy
thanks Karla! And thanks everyone else on the reps for the new car. I don't recall car shopping was all that hard on me the last time.... mostly it was choosing a car, once I survived that the purchase was easy. I was trying to fit everyone in the car but me! My parents, my pets even my sister!

I was all set with a Honda Fit...(I had a Tony The Tiger GREAT deal made up too).
I got so very upset http://www.addemoticons.com/smileys/bm/strange/34.gif (broken link) and I got so sick ( no really sick ) the the night the "deal" was made. Could not figure out why, had a sweet deal with extra crap on the car and everything. It just ate me up alive all night. I was suppose to go back the next day to finalize the deal. I called up my sales guy and told him not to do anything with the car yet and that I would call him back. Never have called him back. Should write a lovely letter to his boss... he was a great guy to seal with.

Later on in the week, Mom went with me to look at more cars.... I wanted her to see the mini, she liked it and can get in and out. they had one I was thinking about then the put my little black car on sale. they had added for extra elements ( as one does with a mini ) and they were selling it at base price as if the extras weren't there. So I jumped on it.

Now I have me a mini!

I'd like you all to know the reason for my absente-ism is exactly that, I got car shopping sick.

Now I need your help with Ideas. As a new Mini owner I can do all sorts of things to personalize my mini even more as I own and drive my car. One thing is to name my mini. I was thinking Black Beauty, but that one has been done to death. I like exotic names, with a dog name K'Ehleyr and currently on named Sha'uri, I guess you can tell.

I will hopefully personalize my mini with purple (amethyst) stripes and extra as money come available. Ya all should go to MINI Motoring Graphics To see all the cool thing one can do to thier mini.

Anyways I need help with a name so I can set up my mini profile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 06:07 PM

4,333 posts, read 3,236,813 times
Name it "Rac Dab 1" Should not be too hard to figure out what it means

Old 07-17-2009, 08:33 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,523,870 times
Mr.Cooper? I know...
Not too original.
uh... My Coop? Nah.
Let me think...

I will have to get back with you on that.
Okie

Old 07-17-2009, 08:37 PM

26,131 posts, read 8,033,704 times
My favorite book as a child, according to my baby book, was "Little Black Sambo". So.... I know dorky

Old 07-17-2009, 08:57 PM

43,861 posts, read 27,772,927 times
Go to Babel Fish and play around with some word translations.
Example:
black cooper = tonnelier noir (in French)
From the words you find....pick a cool unique nickname. Also a nice conversation starter on a date.
Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Translation and Web Page Translation (http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt - broken link)

Old 07-17-2009, 09:25 PM

9,678 posts, read 10,946,057 times
Hows about MiniMe

Old 07-17-2009, 10:20 PM

12,422 posts, read 6,269,645 times
stop cooping me

Old 07-18-2009, 12:17 AM

2,993 posts, read 1,572,213 times
I posted a comment in ? of the day...

but I think it should be: Carrie

Old 07-18-2009, 02:24 AM

8,812 posts, read 4,157,792 times
Christine.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:12 AM

8,830 posts, read 6,353,571 times
First you have to decide if it's a boy or a girl.

I have a black jeep and she's definitely a girl. But I still haven't named her yet. I liked GloryB's suggestion to go to Babel Fish and do some "fishing"......I'll probably do that myself!! Can't think of any exotic names right at the moment. Since mini's are originally British, I think I would stick with a British name. I think it would be cool to give it a first and last name....something like "Sir Alfred Hitchcock".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics