Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 12:28 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,606 times

Advertisements

I sure wouldn't want to be a mod. I am too outspoken and it seems to be to much of a headache cannot please everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 12:57 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Funny story about unfriending.

I'm friends with a 7th grader on facebook. I don't even know her, but she sent me the friend request and I accepted since I want a high friend count. She's from the town where I went to high school, so maybe she's heard of me. I've heard of her last name (it's a well known last name in that town), but I've never heard of her.

Another 7th grader posted on her wall announcing that she's unfriending her because she's tired of her drama.

And they both commented back and forth on the wall post. It was funny to see their e-fight.

At least she was courteous enough to give advance notice. But now that I'm in college, it's funny to see how immature middle schoolers act.
I have a feeling some people got the wrong idea about this post.

I posted this story for humor purposes. I'm not complaining about being unfriended (because this story isn't even about me being unfriended).

I just thought it was funny how immature these middle schoolers act.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
All of these friends are college friends. NONE of them are high school friends. NONE of my high school friends are my middle school friends. I have new friends every four years (so far).

The truth is that you will always feel a little left out because you don't have that relationship with them. We can't control that, but we can help them to feel more comfortable and they do most of the time. It's better to inform them than to hide it from them. Every time my friends and I inform other people, they feel appreciated and more welcome than if we didn't tell them.

I went to visit a friend and we hung out with her friends, but I felt really uncomfortable. I visited my other friend, but I feel more welcome and comfortable because she included me in. Two different experience in 2 weeks.
I guess I just feel left out because I don't have a group like that.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:04 PM

Pet peeve: The fact that being young is supposed to be the best years of your life but it sucks in a lot of ways

Old 03-27-2011, 03:17 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
Quote:
Pet peeve: The fact that being young is supposed to be the best years of your life but it sucks in a lot of ways
So does being old and here's the kicker u don't have anyone telling u these r the best days. Instead u get these r ur last days so try to enjoy em and pay ur life insurance premium. I know life is full of challenges at any age, so find the joy and try to be more thankful than peeved and u will be alright.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
So does being old and here's the kicker u don't have anyone telling u these r the best days. Instead u get these r ur last days so try to enjoy em and pay ur life insurance premium. I know life is full of challenges at any age, so find the joy and try to be more thankful than peeved and u will be alright.
But that's the thing. It's expected for being old to suck. So it's not a bummer that being old sucks.

It's expected for being young to be the best years of your life, so it's a bummer when being young actually sucks.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:37 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,163 times
Quote:
But that's the thing. It's expected for being old to suck. So it's not a bummer that being old sucks.
I certainly don't expect that, and even though things have happened that I was hoping wouldn't have, I really don't think it does.

It depends greatly on your own outlook. I'm a firm believer that if you expect to find something wrong, you will. And vice versa.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:35 PM

Pet peeve: when you thought someone was a true friend only to find out they were never a true friend

Old 03-27-2011, 04:43 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,606 times
Quote:

It's expected for being young to be the best years of your life, so it's a bummer when being young actually sucks.
Being old does NOT suck and being young does not have to suck. Life is only what you make of it. It is up to you to make it sucky or not. I don't know what your situation is and frankly it is none of my business but if it's not working for you dump it and move on to something that does work for you. Life is full of sucky moments but it also can be full of great moments that IS life. How you react to these bad moments defines how you will deal with the better moments. If you are mired down in the dumper constantly then when something great comes along you won't even see it because you are in the bottom of the dumper. So climb out of there. It's called going with the flow.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Pet peeve: When a close friend from high school deletes me on facebook. Makes me wish I never talked to them in high school. In retrospect, I never should of talked to them.

A close friend from high school just deleted me. We didn't meet until we were seniors, but we had a fun senior year. And the fact that we met toward the end of high school gives him less of a reason to delete me because our friendship was more recent.

I persuaded him to join facebook, and he has the nerve to delete me

I thought him and other people like him were decent people in high school, but their true colors come out when they delete me on facebook. I prefer not to associate with people like that. But unfortunately, I don't realize they're like that until they delete me on facebook, and it's too late at that point.

The guy that just deleted me joined the military. A lot of people thought he wouldn't last because, put bluntly, he's soft. Some people thought he was gay because of his mannerisms. Surprisingly, he's lasted up until this point, and shows no signs of wanting to quit.

He has a completely different image now. In high school, he was a soft/feminine prep. Now, he's a military tough guy. Maybe him deleting me has something to do with him wanting to reinvent himself due to his image change.
Oh, and I forgot to include:

I wrote on his wall during college but he never responded. So he can't blame me for lack of contact. If anything, the lack of contact is his fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics