U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 04-27-2011, 09:12 AM
 
Location: EPWV
4,719 posts, read 2,522,685 times
Reputation: 7107
Not sure if it's directed more to the neighbor lady who put about 20 bags of trash out last week and collectors only took a few [leaving about 15 bags behind] - OR- the trash collectors who only took a few of those bags and not all of them

The bags have been sitting out for over a week now. Tomorrow is trash day. Wonder how many they'll take this time?

I hope they take all of them 'cuz it's a possible critter invasion if they don't
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Portlandia "burbs"
7,694 posts, read 7,400,107 times
Reputation: 16558
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Not sure if it's directed more to the neighbor lady who put about 20 bags of trash out last week and collectors only took a few [leaving about 15 bags behind] - OR- the trash collectors who only took a few of those bags and not all of them

The bags have been sitting out for over a week now. Tomorrow is trash day. Wonder how many they'll take this time?

I hope they take all of them 'cuz it's a possible critter invasion if they don't
What are the trash laws in your area? Where I live, extra bags outside the cans would either be ignored or charged extra (can't remember which). If the neighbor asked others nicely, those with room left in their cans may just accommodate a bag or two. That's what a few of us in my neighborhood does.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Portlandia "burbs"
7,694 posts, read 7,400,107 times
Reputation: 16558
My own peeve grumbling today:

Items in stores with no price tags on them! This drives me insane! I live by my own credo of "no price, no buy". I don't want to have to ASK what something costs. Occasionally a price tag will fall off something, but that doesn't explain the whole stock of an item without the prices.

On vacation recently I was at an outdoor French market, and I couldn't begin to remember hwo many times I picked up something just to place it back down because it wasn't priced. The positive side to this, is that I likely "saved" hundreds of dollars over the decades. But it still gets frustrating.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 11:03 AM
 
Location: EPWV
4,719 posts, read 2,522,685 times
Reputation: 7107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
What are the trash laws in your area? Where I live, extra bags outside the cans would either be ignored or charged extra (can't remember which). If the neighbor asked others nicely, those with room left in their cans may just accommodate a bag or two. That's what a few of us in my neighborhood does.
I may be finding out Thursday I'm at work when they come around but my dh could probably tell me. They've picked up trash bags that aren't in bins many times before, so I can't imagine that's an issue. I know if you have over-sized items, ie - home appliances, that you have to call a week [maybe two?] ahead of time so it can be properly accounted for. A good way to check and see that the customer is up-to-date on their payments. Maybe they're considering extra bags as over-sized and she didn't call ahead of time?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Where Trolls get BBQ'd
131,641 posts, read 42,327,116 times
Reputation: 114024
Getting woke up during a really good dream, but allowed to sleep through nightmares.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 06:35 PM
 
7,508 posts, read 2,010,318 times
Reputation: 3857
aww, i know how that feels Nomadicus! I don't like that too! >_<
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Burnsville, Minnesota
2,627 posts, read 1,137,204 times
Reputation: 1213
I finished a couple papers among other assignments at home today. It took about five hours, and my school day is about six to seven hours. Don't you just love it when your teachers pile you up with work a month before graduation?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Where Trolls get BBQ'd
131,641 posts, read 42,327,116 times
Reputation: 114024
The store was sold out of mini Snickers bars... That's cruel.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 07:45 PM
 
7,508 posts, read 2,010,318 times
Reputation: 3857
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
I finished a couple papers among other assignments at home today. It took about five hours, and my school day is about six to seven hours. Don't you just love it when your teachers pile you up with work a month before graduation?
Yeah, I know how that feels. Four stinking 4-7 page papers are due this week, next week and during finals. Three presentations. -__-


One of my biggest pet-peeve: When people get mad for no stinking reason and gives you a b.tchy attitude. I try not to swear and avoid it but I'll be honest this time.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 08:00 PM
 
10,428 posts, read 6,957,725 times
Reputation: 15421
9pm and I'm just getting home. Bah humbug.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top