U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 01:53 PM

8,004 posts, read 9,642,442 times

Advertisements

Okay, okay, okay..... I'll stop teasing the kids....hehe...I'll try to beHAVE! ...I'll try....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
So if you provoke a troll, does that make you a troll troll?
Noooo that makes me a troll troller.... I'm bored and trollin' for trolls Okay, no, I said I was going to TRY to behave...

Old 05-06-2011, 01:57 PM

3,185 posts, read 3,863,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Noooo that makes me a troll troller.... I'm bored and trollin' for trolls Okay, no, I said I was going to TRY to behave...
How many trolls could a troll troller troll if a troll troller could troll trolls?

Old 05-06-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
No, I think I'm better than them because I admit I live off my parents. They don't admit it. They act like they pay for their own stuff just because they use a credit card.

My dad said it won't get me very far in life if I compare myself to others and worry about what other people have. But I can't help it. I'm just an envious person (not envious of credit cards, but envious in general).

And you're right. None of us are better than anyone else. That's what I've been trying to say. Just because they use a credit card their parents pay for doesn't make them better than me.

Even though I said none of us are better than anyone else...

Someone that admits they live off their parents is better than someone that acts like they don't.

And what about when a self-supporting student compares themselves to students that live off their parents? When they say "I'm more responsible because I put myself through college"? They ARE

Isn't that comparing themselves to other people to make them feel better about themselves? Or does your logic not apply to self-supporting students? Does your logic only apply to students that live off their parents?
No, because I wouldn't even put people who live off of their parents, while their parents are providing everything, including their college education.....in the same class as those who are supporting themselves and putting themselves through college. Not even in the same boat....hell, not even in the same body of water. One's in a pond, the other is in the ocean.

Those folks out there who are working to support themselves and put themselves through college....those folks are in a league of their own and deserve medals! Another step up that ladder are the folks who are doing all of the above AND are raising families! Those are some awesome people who are truly worthy of respect!!

Old 05-06-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
How many trolls could a troll troller troll if a troll troller could troll trolls?
You're just an instigator today, aren't you!!! LOL Umm at least 2 or 3? ...Well, unless of course ya got your trollin' poles on....then you could catch an even dozen at a time! Oh wait, I think I've got trolls confused with tuna fish!

Old 05-06-2011, 02:13 PM

6,046 posts, read 9,723,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
No, because I wouldn't even put people who live off of their parents, while their parents are providing everything, including their college education.....in the same class as those who are supporting themselves and putting themselves through college. Not even in the same boat....hell, not even in the same body of water. One's in a pond, the other is in the ocean.

Those folks out there who are working to support themselves and put themselves through college....those folks are in a league of their own and deserve medals! Another step up that ladder are the folks who are doing all of the above AND are raising families! Those are some awesome people who are truly worthy of respect!!
I'm not asking if you think they deserve respect. I'm just saying it's the same concept. They're comparing themselves to other people.

This has been mentioned on my thread on the colleges and universities forum. Another poster said they get the same degree when they graduate. Their degree does not specify who paid for college.

You might think these two groups of people are so different they don't belong in the same body of water. But that's just your opinion. Why are you allowed to compare yourself to others but I'm not?

A related thought: I think there's a difference between a 40 year old living off their parents and a teenager living off their parents. I know someone that finally got kicked out at 40. He hadn't worked since he was 35 and that was the last straw. Even though we both live off our parents, I think we're in a different body of water. I'm a teenager and I'm striving to be independent someday. But this other guy was 40 and had no desire to be independent.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:20 PM

6,046 posts, read 9,723,374 times
Oh, and this 40 year old had the nerve to tell my parents they're doing the wrong thing by spoiling me and my brother. And this was coming from a 40 year old that hadn't worked since 35 and lived off his parents (actually, he lived off his in-laws and the government. But the point is he was living off someone else)

Old 05-06-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Oh, and this 40 year old had the nerve to tell my parents they're doing the wrong thing by spoiling me and my brother. And this was coming from a 40 year old that hadn't worked since 35 and lived off his parents (actually, he lived off his in-laws and the government. But the point is he was living off someone else)
You got in trouble ALL the time....for being a tattletale, didn't you? Did all of your teachers constantly have to tell you, "You need to stop worrying about what everybody else is doing and just worry about what YOU are doing". You do understand that that's what you are, right?....a gossip and a tattletale? No one really cares CD...no one but you. The more you rattle on and wail and compare others, trying to build yourself up, the more petty and childish you look. I know I'm likely just working my tendons toward carpal tunnel, and wasting time in telling you this, but wow, maybe you just don't see it for what it is and you need to hear it.

Many people actually grow out of that kind of behavior, once they realize there really isn't much payoff for it. "He who slings mud, loses ground". You increasingly become someone NO one will trust, because your insecurity makes you spiteful and petty toward everyone around you. Get help... It's pretty clear you've run out of people IRL who want to listen to it anymore...and you've clearly become the person they're hiding from. Start doing something that makes you feel good about yourself and you won't be so darn quick to constantly be trying to show everyone how much better you are than everyone else. Really...all you're doing is making yourself look like a petty little tattletale and really, you don't want that. I mean....that's just sad.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:40 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,801,247 times
Shhhhh! Listen. Can you hear it? The next peeve: People who spend so much time on CD they work their tendons toward carpal tunnel.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Shhhhh! Listen. Can you hear it? The next peeve: People who spend so much time on CD they work their tendons toward carpal tunnel.

or playing video games
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or