Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 06:13 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,380,573 times

Advertisements

peeve: sisters that gives me attitude. If I ever move out, I'll make sure I don't contact them unless I need something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 09:08 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,276,024 times
Well u can't pick your family, but u stand a better chance with ur not contacting them at all than u do just when u need something. U know the really good think about sisters though sometimes u grow closer the older u get. Now that didn't happen in my case, but I am quite a bit older than both my sister and in many ways was a second parent, so we have never really been sisterly... I think it helps if u think about your mom and showing kindness and tolerance for her sake. U'll be fine I am sure. Hang in there

Old 05-10-2011, 08:29 AM

I am peeved, so angered. I seldom get this angry and I hate it... I don't like the things I do and say and there is usually a reflective period where I realize what an idiot I was... Today is no exception... I am so pissed I don't want any simple carbs for comfort. Now I would tell yall what I am pissed about but it just aint worth repeating. Hey, but my lip gloss looks so good- it makes my lips look juicy succulent and sorta pouty in a sexy way... LOL Dang I am gone buy some more...LOL A sense of humor helps

Last edited by sun queen; 05-10-2011 at 08:59 AM..

Old 05-10-2011, 08:57 AM

27,230 posts, read 27,295,133 times
Being blamed for something I didnt do. Its getting old.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:35 AM

987 posts, read 1,736,580 times
Pet Peeves for riding a Long commute on the train to work (Chatteress, you can relate!)

Things that drive me nuts, early in the am (head ringing from waking up at 3am) catching the early train, and I find my perfect seat in the upper level (neck pillow in place, sunglasses on.....lol). I always pray as it gets filled w/riders, that I'll be lucky it will remain quiet. No, never my luck, I always get the group that works together, rides together & talk & laugh out loud (I'm not against that, but so early in the morning, I Just love it when its quiet, & I do put my headphones on, but the sound of their laughing comes through)...whats the other thing? ooooh, Strong, or Cheap perfume/cologne......good God people, why too much??? I start sneezing, and headaches...I'm a grumpy old lady
I was young once too, & I practically bathed in perfume....but I did drive alone to work at that time....I have quite a few coworkers that do that too, Dip themselves in way too much cologne/perfume, I prefer that smell though......over cigarette or hobo stench any day.....

Old 05-10-2011, 01:07 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,380,573 times
I hate writer's block.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:48 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,194,474 times
I'm really ticked over the hamper of peas we bought. Who ever picked them didn't know doodly squat about picking blackeyed peas. We only got half what we paid for when the shelling was done.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:06 PM

I don't have any fresh peas or any access to any. I would love some purple hulls. I hate when I don't get my moneys worth too. I bought some strawberries from walmart and they did not taste very well at all, but they were pretty... I think they were made in China via Mexico...

Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 AM

39,031 posts, read 22,942,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnt.starling View Post
Pet Peeves for riding a Long commute on the train to work (Chatteress, you can relate!)

Things that drive me nuts, early in the am (head ringing from waking up at 3am) catching the early train, and I find my perfect seat in the upper level (neck pillow in place, sunglasses on.....lol). I always pray as it gets filled w/riders, that I'll be lucky it will remain quiet. No, never my luck, I always get the group that works together, rides together & talk & laugh out loud (I'm not against that, but so early in the morning, I Just love it when its quiet, & I do put my headphones on, but the sound of their laughing comes through)...whats the other thing? ooooh, Strong, or Cheap perfume/cologne......good God people, why too much??? I start sneezing, and headaches...I'm a grumpy old lady
I was young once too, & I practically bathed in perfume....but I did drive alone to work at that time....I have quite a few coworkers that do that too, Dip themselves in way too much cologne/perfume, I prefer that smell though......over cigarette or hobo stench any day.....
Yeah ... The long commute is getting old. It was frigid as usual on that Metrolink train this morning (what else is new ). I do pray that they work on those temps and add more trains to my commute (the earliest I can get to work consistently is by 9am even though I am willing to leave my home earlier! It is pretty quiet on our train as many of the passengers are zonked out but I'm usually good at tuning them out if they do start chattering! I've invested in some good book mysteries and that helps me deal with the commute.

Well ... I'm grateful that I have work for now but my hours at this time are looking skimpy this summer and will have a 3 week period of no work = no pay. Although times are tough, I refuse to allow it to get me down and know that God is in control and will see me through.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:05 AM

39,031 posts, read 22,942,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
I hate writer's block.
Me too ... What helps ME is drafting my stuff directly on the computer. That has done wonders for my writer's block that plagued me during the first 2 years of college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics