U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-11-2011, 12:06 AM

37,711 posts, read 11,685,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I don't have any fresh peas or any access to any. I would love some purple hulls. I hate when I don't get my moneys worth too. I bought some strawberries from walmart and they did not taste very well at all, but they were pretty... I think they were made in China via Mexico...
Which brings me to another peeve of mine ... Why is our produce coming from third world countries where the drinking water isn't safe to consume ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 12:24 AM

8,525 posts, read 7,990,568 times
Call center reps.........I am sorry but too many of them are dumb!

Old 05-11-2011, 02:31 AM

24,498 posts, read 14,143,283 times
Okay, I know it's cute and catchy - but companies who use words instead of numbers in their telephone number and don't provide the digits underneath. It's irritating as hell and reminds me of typing in high school -hunting and pecking the phone numbers. There's also been a couple times I didn't get the letters in fast enough and it disconnected and had to go through all of it again AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:48 AM

25,088 posts, read 11,219,582 times
My ultimate peeve. Being redirected on the internet when I do a search to some weirdo and obscure search engine.

It's like being hacked. And yes, I delete my cookies at least 3 times a day.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:25 AM

4,769 posts, read 2,582,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnt.starling View Post
Pet Peeves for riding a Long commute on the train to work (Chatteress, you can relate!)

Things that drive me nuts, early in the am (head ringing from waking up at 3am) catching the early train, and I find my perfect seat in the upper level (neck pillow in place, sunglasses on.....lol). I always pray as it gets filled w/riders, that I'll be lucky it will remain quiet. No, never my luck, I always get the group that works together, rides together & talk & laugh out loud (I'm not against that, but so early in the morning, I Just love it when its quiet, & I do put my headphones on, but the sound of their laughing comes through)...whats the other thing? ooooh, Strong, or Cheap perfume/cologne......good God people, why too much??? I start sneezing, and headaches...I'm a grumpy old lady
I was young once too, & I practically bathed in perfume....but I did drive alone to work at that time....I have quite a few coworkers that do that too, Dip themselves in way too much cologne/perfume, I prefer that smell though......over cigarette or hobo stench any day.....
What, no "quiet car" ?

Many of the commuter trains out my way have the so-called 'quiet car', where no loud talking or cell phones are allowed. The only times I'm aware that they cancel the use of the quiet cars is when the trains are running a car short. I rarely use the "quiet car" tho. Where I sit most times it's quiet enough for me. Every once in a while tho...that doesn't hold true. It seems that more of the chatty folks are those that get on somewhere from the middle to late portion of the destination line.

I feel your pain too agnt starling as I get up at 3am on weekdays too in order to catch the 1st train out. Going to work later in the day is not an option as I probably wouldn't get home until 9pm. Makes the weekends something even more to look forward to, eh?

Old 05-11-2011, 07:22 AM

37,711 posts, read 11,685,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Okay, I know it's cute and catchy - but companies who use words instead of numbers in their telephone number and don't provide the digits underneath. It's irritating as hell and reminds me of typing in high school -hunting and pecking the phone numbers. There's also been a couple times I didn't get the letters in fast enough and it disconnected and had to go through all of it again AHHHHHHHHH!!!
Yeah ... That irks me as well although I do like the catchy words to help me recall the number later. Both the slogan and the numbers should be presented.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:15 AM

19,755 posts, read 16,408,098 times
Oh yes indeed that can be a hinderance when you have a qwerty keypad on your phone instead of regular numbers.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:25 AM

904 posts, read 705,861 times
Chatteress, I hope you gain more hours, (off to the prayer thread too, keepn you in mind as well),
God will see you through my friend, I tell myself everytime & I have to keep it together....
In regards to the metrolink train commute, although at that time it does drive me nuts, I now feel silly complaining about such nonsense, on the way home, just gotta love Cal State students (hey they are doing what I didn't finish, accomplishing their goals through education), I sat by a couple of students, a girl that was next to me, a boy that was across the way, it was like no one else was in the room, but them talking away, both w/glowing looks about them....I closed my eyes to it & layed in my pillow, awwww to be young again, it was cute....

Cat1116
Quiet Cars? Wow, I envy you!!!
& Don't get me started on Cellphones, now I know we all can relate to that!! Yea I use mine only when I have to communicate briefly & I try to keep it low, but my GOD, I don't understand how most people can sit there, converse loudly, sharing their whole business to total strangers & the cuss words, must we all be subjected to it? yep, I've become my mother, complain, complain, complain
But I am thankful & grateful for what I have, & for that, I must shut up & put up with. & yes we always have the weekend

I

Old 05-11-2011, 11:39 AM

4,487 posts, read 2,349,429 times
Drug stores!

I have a handicapped son. He's been on the same meds for 17 yrs. Suddenly, they forget to order it, and it's gonna take 2 weeks to get it.

The drug reps at the doctors don't have samples.

I'm ready to scream!

Old 05-11-2011, 03:07 PM

131,636 posts, read 42,778,166 times
Chronic every summer complainers about the growing season. It take heat, sunshine, and rain to put food on the table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics