Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 12:08 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I probably would need to do that except I have tons of last minute studying to do for three exams tonight.
I'm so sorry! Ugh....and you have to study through the fumes. What an awful distraction!

Yes...to bjh...I get peeved when I bite too..kind of do that Homer Simpson "DOH!!!" You know, I've mentioned before that it's kind of like those pesky little mosquitoes or no-see-ums. Even if you've got insect repellent on, you can only take just so much of that BZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz, before you just HAVE to slap the little buggers. I mean, you know they're not going to bite you, because they're staying 6" away, but they're still irritating the CRAP out of you!!

Hey! There's a peeve for the day Chatt! Even after you've gassed yourself with bug repellent, you still have some of those irritating little buggers dive bombing you. Persistent little things...you just know they're thinking, "I just KNOW there's a meal there!! Now....where IS it!? It's gotta be around here somewhere!" SMACK! Reminds me of that joke....."What's the last thing that goes through a bug's mind when it hits the windshield?....It's a$$!" Sorry...I really gotta get outta here and get busy...getting a little loony!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 12:20 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times
^
A bug about to hit a windshield? Now that's a critter with more than a peeve.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:23 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
The weather forecast keeps calling for rain but it is not raining.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
The weather forecast keeps calling for rain but it is not raining.
40% then 30% chance of showers here, but in the low 50s and fog so thick you almost need a rain coat. Ick...and brrrr! Went out to work and that NW blowing 18 just about froze me to the bone. I'll take our weather though my friend. My son's in Great Lakes, IL....and it's 95 right now....ugh!

Old 06-07-2011, 02:43 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
Tourists who keep kvetching because we've had a few days of overcast skies and intermittent rain. SHUT UP ALREADY! Just because I live here doesn't mean I have control over the damned weather. These sorts of dreary days usually don't last more than 48 hours, we understand that you're only here for a week to ten days but listening to you complain doesn't do any of us any good. Chill out. Sun soon come and you'll be nicely fried before you leave!!!

Old 06-07-2011, 02:51 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,468,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
No, your personality is a reflection of your heart..of YOU. As for the driver's education....that should have taught you how to drive. As for the competition thing... Think of ME as your 4th grade teacher. You will NEVER win... I might shake my head and walk away, thoroughly disgusted and finding our dialogue exchange completely boring and a waste of time, but make no mistake, you will never "win" with me.
As I said before, I learned how to drive in a small town.

And driver's ed taught me how to drive...in a small town.

Driver's ed never taught me city driving.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:52 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,468,197 times
Pet peeve: When people drive extremely short distances.

I know someone that drives to her boyfriend's apartment when she spends the night. And they live in the same complex for crying out loud.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Tourists who keep kvetching because we've had a few days of overcast skies and intermittent rain. SHUT UP ALREADY! Just because I live here doesn't mean I have control over the damned weather. These sorts of dreary days usually don't last more than 48 hours, we understand that you're only here for a week to ten days but listening to you complain doesn't do any of us any good. Chill out. Sun soon come and you'll be nicely fried before you leave!!!
Tourist town here too STT....and LOL, boo freakin' hoo! Sorry the weather didn't cooperate perfectly for your visit...let's just see what we can do, eh?

Oh....trip trap, trip trap....WHO'S that walking over my bridge!?

Old 06-07-2011, 03:18 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,360,540 times
Parasites...

especially the state bird of Wisconsin, the mosquito. The little buggers tagged me twice on the neck today and the bites are itchy as all git go.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:19 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I probably would need to do that except I have tons of last minute studying to do for three exams tonight.
Just an update ... I did well on each of the three finals so I'm definitely relieved! *sigh of contentment*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics