Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 06:28 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times

Advertisements

Voodoo dolls could be cool for getting back at someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
My parents had a Refrig that last lasted over 30yrs. Fan were metal and were made to last, as were a/c's and other products. Window a/c's are the same way, just junk. I had a cheap can opener actually fall apart in my hands the first time i tried to use it.
Products are made like junk...and you shouldn't have gotten me started, lol. This is a huge peeve of mine

The problem is we live in a disposable society and customers aren't #1 anymore. The products whether foreign made or US made aren't made to last. I know, hubby and I buy "a lot" of things made from all over. The companies make more money that way Some day they know we will all adjust to poor quality...what choice do we have Companies just don't care.

This year alone we have had to take back an American made wood stove..piece of junk. Sent back a water pump made by Surflo(American compnay)...which we have to send back every year because the seal leaks..and they send us a new one every year. Took out a 3 year old GE washer because it was crap..that's in the barn. Our $1800.00 inverter started smoking after 2 years...but that company was really good about it. They sent us replacement circuit boards I'm sure there is more but I just can't think of them now. I feel like I always have something on the return list and this is only from this year. I am really tired of all the junk. Oh..and all of our Stihl equipment is crap..not like it used to be. The chainsaw and weed eater act up all the time. Years ago, we never had any trouble with Stihl. Dewalt tools is the same way. Now you have to buy the commercial Dewalt or they don't last at all. And Levolour blinds now "bend" where they are not supposed to. And batteries. We just had to replace a $90.00 4-wheeler battery after only 1 year...and we hardly ever use the 4-wheeler.

Get used to it. Even the appliance companies give their appliances a shorter lifespan than they used to

BTW, I have a manual can opener that the handle falls off of and it doesn't cut through unless I also use it backwards and don't talk to me about my GE toaster...that never does and never has popped up on it's own Believe it or not I had a tough time finding a peeler that worked. My MIL got tired of hearing about my peeler...she gave me her 20+ year old peeler. It is like gold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 07:41 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
I met this girl and we had a really amazing night Wednesday night so we made plans for Friday and Saturday. I got stood up both times with no phone call or text or anything.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,140,887 times
Finally ordering parts for the fridge that snapped off..it's almost not worth it to replace because it will just happen again..

Old 07-17-2011, 12:54 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I met this girl and we had a really amazing night Wednesday night so we made plans for Friday and Saturday. I got stood up both times with no phone call or text or anything.
So it turns out she lost her phone but found it and called me back. But then we planned to hang out and then 5 minutes later she cancelled.

This sucks because I know that's lame but I am really into her and I can't help being really into her. Argh.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:59 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,325,912 times
Bluddy American resentment... I mean lets face there is evil all over the world America doesn't corner that market; although the argument might be made that the congress does lol...

Old 07-18-2011, 10:49 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
People who just show up at my home, unannounced and uninvited!

This morning, it was my BIL and his brain dead GF. They decided to bring over a travel trailer and store it out behind our chicken coops. It would have been nice if they had asked first, or even called. But nooooo, that's too much work!

What ever happened to common courtesy?

I don't mind having company but when they just show up out of the blue, I have to stop working to play hostess and everything gets behind. It's nice that they have nothing to do all day long but we're not that lucky!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:34 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,325,912 times
Why is it that people don't do what I think they aught???? lol I was at church yesterday and there could have been a serious brawl in there immediately after service. It turns out some low life guy who serves the church brought his babies mama to the church where his other baby mama attends. After church they square off... I observe this guy get in the face of the woman who just had one of his babies and I stepped... Here this guys is suppose to be the one praying for people after church and he has about 8 or 9 kids there not married to any of their mothers and carrying on illicit sexual relations with at leas two chicks while grooming a couple of others. Now this is the kinda sheddd that peeves me... The pastor made sure he did not hit or continue to argue with the one young woman... And I suppose the pastors have no control over all of that, but I hope there is no way this drama will be allowed to continue in their church house. I am so tired of men using the church to perpetrate evil against desperate, silly, lonely women.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:02 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,985,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Why is it that people don't do what I think they aught???? lol I was at church yesterday and there could have been a serious brawl in there immediately after service. It turns out some low life guy who serves the church brought his babies mama to the church where his other baby mama attends. After church they square off... I observe this guy get in the face of the woman who just had one of his babies and I stepped... Here this guys is suppose to be the one praying for people after church and he has about 8 or 9 kids there not married to any of their mothers and carrying on illicit sexual relations with at leas two chicks while grooming a couple of others. Now this is the kinda sheddd that peeves me... The pastor made sure he did not hit or continue to argue with the one young woman... And I suppose the pastors have no control over all of that, but I hope there is no way this drama will be allowed to continue in their church house. I am so tired of men using the church to perpetrate evil against desperate, silly, lonely women.
That's terrible, I wonder what will become of those poor kids. Morals? Pretty much a thing of the past, wouldn't you say?

That's one reason I don't like church, just to many hypocrites. In my opinion, church and congress are the 2 places with the greatest congregation of hypocrites.

--------------------------------
As far as other countries resenting America. I understand it perfectly. We come off as the know it all, telling the world what to do, be like us, we know whats best. Then take a good look at our own past, the way the Native Americans have been treated, slavery and treating Black Americans as second class citizens for such a long time. We should be fixing our own problems before pushing into others business. How long has this Iraq war gone on now? And at what cost.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:11 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times
Quote:
What in the world. Drama, really?

Well I'm peeved that this week is going to be hot. I don't like being hot. I like being cold.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:18 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
People who just show up at my home, unannounced and uninvited!

This morning, it was my BIL and his brain dead GF. They decided to bring over a travel trailer and store it out behind our chicken coops. It would have been nice if they had asked first, or even called. But nooooo, that's too much work!

What ever happened to common courtesy?
That's why I am glad we are lucky enough to have locked gates, lol.

Seriously I am sorry about the unexpected new combers. When do they leave?

There is no common courtesy anymore

Quote:
I was at church yesterday and there could have been a serious brawl in there immediately after service. :
So much for class and respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
That's one reason I don't like church, just to many hypocrites. In my opinion, church and congress are the 2 places with the greatest congregation of hypocrites.

Yup... there are men, well they aren't really men, who beat their wives and drank their kids clothing but then they went to church. It was all good
--------------------------------
As far as other countries resenting America. I understand it perfectly. We come off as the know it all, telling the world what to do, be like us, we know whats best. Then take a good look at our own past, the way the Native Americans have been treated, slavery and the treating Black Americans as second class citizens. We should be fixing our own problems before pushing into others business.
How long has this Iraq war gone on now? And at what cost.

We do...and don't forget all great Empires do eventually fall Ha we should have never been over there to begin with..then again there is big money in oil. I'm a little nervous about our Karma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics