U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 03:43 PM

25,084 posts, read 13,726,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
Sun Queen, you are human, as we all are, we all make mistakes..........don't be so hard on yourself.
Yeah that is the problem... I just wish I was better... My teenager got his ears pierced. He wouldn't have done it maybe if I had not taken such a hard stand with him. Now I am strait up tripping... I don't know what the future holds for a kid with minimal education and 2 extra holes in his head. He knew how deeply this would bother me. Now maybe it isn't that big of deal. Maybe he won't get fired from his job and turn into some kind of a thug and go to jail, but ear piercing in my book is a step in that direction. I am totally bombed about it. I wish I could be cool and I didn't see it as a big deal, but I do. These kids... and when I think of how long I was in labor the impact that pregnancy had on my life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 05:05 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,038,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
My hubby can't stand anyone behind him. he lets people go by just so he doesn't have anyone behind him and of course in a restaurant he sits with his back to a wall.

You can get a sign that says "Can't Touch This"

Maybe you can practice a saying so you don't freeze up. Thank you for trying to help but I'm fine...something like that
I wish I could do what your husband does. Unfortunately people always push me to go first which means I pretty much always have to put up with people being behind me. I freeze so strongly that I can't even find words or think.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:49 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,591,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Yeah that is the problem... I just wish I was better... My teenager got his ears pierced. He wouldn't have done it maybe if I had not taken such a hard stand with him. Now I am strait up tripping... I don't know what the future holds for a kid with minimal education and 2 extra holes in his head. He knew how deeply this would bother me. Now maybe it isn't that big of deal. Maybe he won't get fired from his job and turn into some kind of a thug and go to jail, but ear piercing in my book is a step in that direction. I am totally bombed about it. I wish I could be cool and I didn't see it as a big deal, but I do. These kids... and when I think of how long I was in labor the impact that pregnancy had on my life
You are a wonderful lady, sun. You have a great deal of inner strength, and these kids test the patience of Job himself. Don't blame yourself. He is young yet, and he still has lots of growing up to do. You know that you are doing your very best. There isn't a tougher job around than parenting teenagers.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:56 AM

25,084 posts, read 13,726,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
You are a wonderful lady, sun. You have a great deal of inner strength, and these kids test the patience of Job himself. Don't blame yourself. He is young yet, and he still has lots of growing up to do. You know that you are doing your very best. There isn't a tougher job around than parenting teenagers.
Hey in your neck of the woods are kids piercing themselves and coloring their bodies with tattoos? My niece is much younger than my son she came home w/ her nose pierced. Her mom didn't think it was that big of a deal. Thank u for ur encouragement. I certainly appreciate it as I contemplate the meaning of my life

Old 07-29-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Hey in your neck of the woods are kids piercing themselves and coloring their bodies with tattoos? My niece is much younger than my son she came home w/ her nose pierced. Her mom didn't think it was that big of a deal. Thank u for ur encouragement. I certainly appreciate it as I contemplate the meaning of my life
Oh, there are definitely lots of piercings around here. I went into a Winner's here (same as TJ Maxx) and some of the kids and young adults had piercings, mohawks, tattoos and all kinds of stuff going on. My son has a really great government job, (he's 25), and spiral hair to his waist, which is natural. I don't think that kid has cut his hair for years (other than a trim here and there). It really bugs me, although I know it's just hair and him expressing himself, and he's told me that he has no intention of cutting it ever..because he knows it bugs me. My elderly parents think it's it wonderful, and are always reminding me that it is just hair, but I an remember when they "banned" my older sister from going out with anyone who hair was longer than the collar. Times change, I guess.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 AM

3,999 posts, read 2,309,064 times
Every generation has their fads.

The big difference I see is that the fads kid have today are permanent alterations to their bodies. Can you imagine what those tatoos will look like in another 40-50 years?????

Old 07-29-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:

The big difference I see is that the fads kid have today are permanent alterations to their bodies. Can you imagine what those tatoos will look like in another 40-50 years?????
You're right Larksong. Some of those stretched out tattoos don't look so hot anymore I worked in a very nice bridal salon (when I had the extra time), and I can't tell you the number of times brides were disappointed that some special feature of their dress was overshadowed by a tattoo. Saw quite a few tears..

Old 07-29-2011, 11:06 AM

38,792 posts, read 19,271,236 times
Quote:

Sagging body graffiti ...

Old 07-29-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Sagging body graffiti ...

The things that the nursing home workers will have to talk about when they see all that body art..............can you imagine?????

Old 07-29-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
You're right Larksong. Some of those stretched out tattoos don't look so hot anymore I worked in a very nice bridal salon (when I had the extra time), and I can't tell you the number of times brides were disappointed that some special feature of their dress was overshadowed by a tattoo. Saw quite a few tears..
Beautiful dress.......beautiful bride.........big honking tattoo. What's good when your 18 isn't always so good at 25 or 30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or