U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-31-2011, 03:02 PM
 
7,508 posts, read 3,589,063 times
Reputation: 3885

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Hahaha! I live solo and I cannot seem to make myself wanna cook ... Good luck with that one. Then again, I cannot make myself do housecleaning either ....
I'll invite you over whenever my cooking is good enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-31-2011, 03:53 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,792 posts, read 19,542,007 times
Reputation: 35800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
I went to buy bagels & they had no egg bagels or cinnamon raisin at 8:15 this morning!
Yeah ... Whenever a store or food shop runs out of your favorite item! I just came back from Trader Joes and they were out of this Fig spread that I enjoy with my cheeses. What's frustrating about this is that I had to go out of my way to visit TJ. At least they had the main item I wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 06:03 PM
 
Location: So Cal
38,722 posts, read 37,835,940 times
Reputation: 39524
I had to run the gauntlet to get to my local grocery store, there was a panhandler in the parking lot, a guy with a charity donations, and a group of people trying to get you to register to vote.

Jeez... I wish they could run them off of their property.....

Yeah, I know... I sound like the stay off of my lawn guy.

I can't help it... I just want to be left alone.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 06:27 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,792 posts, read 19,542,007 times
Reputation: 35800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I had to run the gauntlet to get to my local grocery store, there was a panhandler in the parking lot, a guy with a charity donations, and a group of people trying to get you to register to vote.

Jeez... I wish they could run them off of their property.....

Yeah, I know... I sound like the stay off of my lawn guy.

I can't help it... I just want to be left alone.....
I know what you mean ... We were approached by a teenager selling raffle tickets and we just did not want to purchase them ... I know I didn't as I wasn't even a resident in that particular city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2011, 04:41 AM
 
25,084 posts, read 13,895,594 times
Reputation: 41737
Having to admit u overreacted, overreached or that u were just plain ol wrong. It is very humbling experience. But, then again it's human. I am a big enough man to admit my short comings *of course I mean "WO-man"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2011, 05:27 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 10,210,734 times
Reputation: 12496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I know what you mean ... We were approached by a teenager selling raffle tickets and we just did not want to purchase them ... I know I didn't as I wasn't even a resident in that particular city.
My pet peeve is peddlers who pretend to be disabled to feed on people's guilt and get money. This really screws it up for the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2011, 11:37 AM
 
7,508 posts, read 3,589,063 times
Reputation: 3885
Why do you always have to do something when I'm going to do something??? Why does it have to be on the same day? I hate when you do this. It's damn annoying. I don't want to ride with them because their car smell like cigarettes! Obviously I don't want a bad impression during my interview. I don't want them to think that I'm a damn smoker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2011, 01:41 PM
 
7,508 posts, read 3,589,063 times
Reputation: 3885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Why do you always have to do something when I'm going to do something??? Why does it have to be on the same day? I hate when you do this. It's damn annoying. I don't want to ride with them because their car smell like cigarettes! Obviously I don't want a bad impression during my interview. I don't want them to think that I'm a damn smoker.
Bleh, whatever. I'm fine now. Maybe I should learn to control my anger instead of getting peeved over something so dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2011, 06:55 PM
 
6,046 posts, read 9,718,973 times
Reputation: 2319
Pet peeve: The fact that I need to attend classes I was planning on skipping (long story)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 02:06 AM
 
25,084 posts, read 13,895,594 times
Reputation: 41737
freaking politics... I just tired and I don't want to hear it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top