U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 03:42 PM

1,709 posts, read 1,528,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Actually, I haven't seen the movie "Noise", but you do have my curiosity peaked. I really do need to watch it. No, I wasn't implying that YOU are the hated neighbor. LOL Some noises ARE pretty intolerable. I have to admit, the boom, boom, boom of music or even hearing neighbor's music doesn't bother me. Howe-v-e-r...if you want to see me melt down in a short time, just put a dog who WON'T SHUT UP, or people working on the cars and REVVING AND REVVING AND REVVING them up....? It won't be long before I'm popping a cork!

In fact, I have a son who is a mechanic. Before he joined the service, he was constantly working on his vehicles. UUUUUUDEN, UUUUUDEN, UUUUUDEN..... HEY!! THAT'S ENOUGH!!! It's bad enough when it's a neighbor, unbearable when it's your own kid in your own yard!!
You really should watch it. I think it should be required viewing in order to be a legal citizen in this country lol. Do you like Tim Robbins ? he's in it. I just love him.

About the revvving..Oh yehhhh...we got that too on this block. This guy across the street all summer long will randomly be revving this drag car (I guess it's a hobby or whatever) and you literally can't hear your own thoughts. Thank god it doesn't last too long although it can seem like it in the middle of it. He's a nice guy though so nobody says anything to him about it. Nobody wants to make enemies.

I'm just biding my time until I can get the eff out of redneckville lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 05:00 PM

7,508 posts, read 3,622,663 times
People who think with their feelings, really. I'm not talking about the Myer's Briggs type of Feeling. I mean emotions..

Old 08-15-2011, 05:44 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,720,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
People who think with their feelings, really. I'm not talking about the Myer's Briggs type of Feeling. I mean emotions..
Yeah that's true. Cujo was on a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde routine today. The swearing and the name calling was unreal, not just to me, but I was around more than everyone else today, so I got it the most. I am somewhat upset with myself today, because at a couple of points I broke down crying. I don't like to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. I think he called me every name in the book.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 PM

7,508 posts, read 3,622,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Yeah that's true. Cujo was on a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde routine today. The swearing and the name calling was unreal, not just to me, but I was around more than everyone else today, so I got it the most. I am somewhat upset with myself today, because at a couple of points I broke down crying. I don't like to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. I think he called me every name in the book.
Sorry to hear that. You are not every name that he called you. You are Taigagirl. Very unprofessional tbh.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:00 PM

185,986 posts, read 75,402,853 times
I've been tailgated and everything but run off the road for two days. I think I have a right to be peeved.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:55 PM

38,803 posts, read 19,705,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Unfortunately, I had a boss that was very unprofessional with me 10 years ago because I had a hearing impairment and he HATED repeating himself. He has a heavy Eastern European accent and those are not easy for me to understand. After one time when I needed him to repeat himself, he yelled at me to "fix my F'ing hearing" three times! I finally was able to leave that place after nearly two years of abuse and gradually rebuild my self-confidence as my next job required heavy phone contact. Have you looked into alternative jobs? Keep yourself around positive people in your personal life to counteract the negativity you are getting at work. No one should have to go through verbal abuse on the job!

Old 08-16-2011, 12:34 AM

25,084 posts, read 13,987,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Good for you. I have to admit, I probably would have belittled that administor right back!
I am so thinking about taking it to the district... The thing I worry about is retaliation. There are so many ways my kid would be vulnerable. I am just not sure...

Old 08-16-2011, 07:04 AM

10,452 posts, read 10,319,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Unfortunately, I had a boss that was very unprofessional with me 10 years ago because I had a hearing impairment and he HATED repeating himself. He has a heavy Eastern European accent and those are not easy for me to understand. After one time when I needed him to repeat himself, he yelled at me to "fix my F'ing hearing" three times! I finally was able to leave that place after nearly two years of abuse and gradually rebuild my self-confidence as my next job required heavy phone contact. Have you looked into alternative jobs? Keep yourself around positive people in your personal life to counteract the negativity you are getting at work. No one should have to go through verbal abuse on the job!
OMG that sucks I'm so sorry Chatteress! Ugh I know how hard it can be with some hearing people who have no patience! Why can't they just learn to face Deaf/hh people when they talk, or learn some sign or something? I never understand that! Hearing people (I know it's not all of them) can learn to sign or face a Deaf/HH person but the Deaf/HH can't learn to hear! I'm so glad you got out of there. That's part of the reason I don't even think about working for anyone who mentions my blindness (and before, my deafness) as a disability because I know I will have to put up with that BS! Filter them out at the interview--if it sounds like they have that attitude where your hearing loss is somehow a personal vendetta against them, it's time to move onto greener pastures!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:05 AM

10,452 posts, read 10,319,916 times
The fact I was stupid enough to try to hang out with her again.
The fact she stood me up/cancelled on me for the 3rd time.
Oops. Why does the woman I really like have to be the flakiest flake on Planet Earth??
It's not even like we're in school anymore...

Old 08-16-2011, 09:23 AM

10,664 posts, read 7,764,711 times
Customers services that can't do their job properly... And don't get me started on all the time wasted while waiting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or