Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 07:51 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,475,788 times

Advertisements

People who don't know how to make a left turn. They are called CORNERS, not curves.

And since I was already in the middle of the street, IN the crosswalk, when you got to the intersection, I DID have the right of way. If you had taken the "corner" instead of the "curve", I could have completed my crossing without running to keep you from picking me off. After all, there was no other traffic coming. How much time did you really save, a half a second?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 07:55 PM

5,238 posts, read 7,963,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
Yes please! Only bring them to me if they are disciplined.

Btw, why do you dread holidays? Me love holidays. <3
I have no one to share them with. I know people can say do something for others if you have no one. I do more than my share, all through the year. I have anxiety related problems and hang ups with the past too. Also this year has really sucked with that guy stealing so much from me. If I wasn't alone, I'm sure I would feel better.

I don't think most people look happy when you see them in the stores around Christmas, they look worried and sad. At least around here they do.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:01 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,971,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
People who don't know how to make a left turn. They are called CORNERS, not curves.

And since I was already in the middle of the street, IN the crosswalk, when you got to the intersection, I DID have the right of way. If you had taken the "corner" instead of the "curve", I could have completed my crossing without running to keep you from picking me off. After all, there was no other traffic coming. How much time did you really save, a half a second?
Oooh ... Don't get ME started ... As a pedestrian, those drivers that are just sooooo impatient to make that right-hand turn get on my every last nerve! I literally wait a few minutes for my window of opportunity to cross and it never fails that some idiot would woosh along cutting me off just as I get my light! *Steam coming out of Chatteress' ears*

Old 10-25-2011, 07:51 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,818,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
Oops, haha. I thought you said my kids are very well disciplined and have good manners.

HAHA, totally different. x) I hope they are.
I am sure your children will be well mannered, AR. I like well mannered children and well mannered people. I am often amazed at how some people let their children behave...but then after listening to them for a few minutes, I am no longer surprised. I see quite a few people take their small dogs into banks and stores.. no one every seems to say anything to them. Given the choice these days, I would choose the pet over most people's kids--and you can't blame the kids.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post

That was a story worth telling rrtechno. I saw a lady come very close to getting hit in a crosswalk today because a driver of a service vehicle was talking on his cellphone. Good thing she was watching, because he was moving. Half a second can cost someone their life.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:34 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,386,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I have no one to share them with. I know people can say do something for others if you have no one. I do more than my share, all through the year. I have anxiety related problems and hang ups with the past too. Also this year has really sucked with that guy stealing so much from me. If I wasn't alone, I'm sure I would feel better.

I don't think most people look happy when you see them in the stores around Christmas, they look worried and sad. At least around here they do.
Aww, I'm sorry to hear about that. Who is stealing from you? D=

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
I am sure your children will be well mannered, AR. I like well mannered children and well mannered people. I am often amazed at how some people let their children behave...but then after listening to them for a few minutes, I am no longer surprised. I see quite a few people take their small dogs into banks and stores.. no one every seems to say anything to them. Given the choice these days, I would choose the pet over most people's kids--and you can't blame the kids.
As much as I understand with the lack of disciplined, I would still treat kids better than dogs even though I don't like undisciplined kids. I think culture, society, and the parents themselves has a big impact on parenting style because my SIL doesn't disciplined her kids to respect people's property and listen to people. It's the one thing that people appreciate the most.

The other day she was on the sofa touching her phone while letting her kids run around the house. I don't mind when the kids do that, but when they start climbing on the stairway and sliding down, they can hurt themselves (we have this open stair area that we can see whoever comes through the door). I especially am annoyed with my nephew when he does that, and generally I grab him when he refuses to listen to me. It's not like he will listen if you are being nice to him anyway. If he think it's all about fun, I hope he gets his "fun" by falling down.

She doesn't teach her kids to ask before taking things, and when they do take things, their uncle and aunts get upset. When we disciplined them, she talks behind our back saying "we hates her kids". Uh, if you disciplined your kids, it would be a whole new world actually. So don't bring your kids here and expect us to watch them when you don't disciplined them. If you don't mind that we do disciplined them, by all means, we will do it OUR way. Either that or don't come back.

I don't think I will be moving out for a while. SO sad. However, if the car and job situation gets better, I WILL (no doubt) go live with my friend.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:51 AM

19,379 posts, read 9,438,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Oooh ... Don't get ME started ... As a pedestrian, those drivers that are just sooooo impatient to make that right-hand turn get on my every last nerve! I literally wait a few minutes for my window of opportunity to cross and it never fails that some idiot would woosh along cutting me off just as I get my light! *Steam coming out of Chatteress' ears*

Hate it too, especially when it's pouring down rain. Like RRTechno says, how much time are you gonna save anyways? The people in their cars making those turns, they're nice and warm, AND dry in their vehicles and here we are under an umbrella that still doesn't provide a heck of a lot of cover from wind blowing the rain in a sideways direction.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 AM

4,704 posts, read 3,268,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post

I quite often see why the kids behave as badly as they do........their parents are a MESS. All the parents do is yell and scream at the kids.......explain to then why they shouldn't do something. Help them learn how to make good choices.

My sister was so good at this. She would give her boys a couple of choices and then ask them to think them through and make their decision based on what the outcome of each choice might be. She layed a good foundation for them before she passed away. She would be very proud of the men they have become.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:30 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,831,484 times
ARGH pens that only write about 80% of the time. The ink just cuts out for one stroke, so my d looks like a c. Then when I go back to make that c into a d it won't write in that one specific spot!!! It will write almost every where except for the one or two spots where the ink just cut out, and no matter what I do I can't get it to write in that spot! It's very annoying to take 5 minutes to write a single sentence and it still looks like crap

Old 10-25-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
ARGH pens that only write about 80% of the time. The ink just cuts out for one stroke, so my d looks like a c. Then when I go back to make that c into a d it won't write in that one specific spot!!! It will write almost every where except for the one or two spots where the ink just cut out, and no matter what I do I can't get it to write in that spot! It's very annoying to take 5 minutes to write a single sentence and it still looks like crap
I hate that!! Those pens are probably made offshore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics