Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 08:01 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,459,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Ha that reminds me of yesterday some homeless guy asks me for 35 cents.
Normally I would tell him to buzz off or tell him I was broke myself.

Any rate I gave the guy the 35cents , guess i felt sorry for him.
Then he asks me to go inside and order the food for him.

I politley declined.
That was a first a bum asking for pocket change
then wants me to order the freaking hamburger at Wendys
Geez do I have sucker written on my body someplace????
Perhaps the manager had already told him he was not welcome inside the store. At least you would have known that the money was going for food and not something else if you had run in and gotten for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 10:05 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,940,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I try to send reps to people on this poxy machine of mine. It keeps saying you must spread
your reps to others, before this person again. I'm trying to spread already!!! YOU WON'T LET
ME!!!
I think you need to rep 25 or 27 folks before you can rep the same individual again ... I can volunteer to be one of your reppees

Old 11-05-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I've been venting on the getting older thread about my visit to a shop to get some photos
developed, think I should have been here really!! Why do they keep inventing new gadgets
before I get used to the old ones? It used to be so easy. You took the film in the shop, and
got it developed. Now you have to mess about with a machine to decide which pictures you
want. It took me forever to figure out how to do the timer on a video machine. I became an
expert - then they get rid of videos. Now I've got a DVD which I can't figure out how to use
the timer. When mobile phones first came out they were simple, you made calls on them. Now you need a degree in engineering to make them work. I've got Judy's old one upstairs.
It's covered in dust. It's only been used once since Judy gave it me, by my 12 year old
grandson.
Yeah ... I'm not fond of all this new technology especially camera phones where the quality of pics have gone down ... I'm old fashioned and prefer prints to the digital versions (although I like to have both)

Old 11-05-2011, 10:07 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,073,039 times
i dont like being sick.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Ha that reminds me of yesterday some homeless guy asks me for 35 cents.
Normally I would tell him to buzz off or tell him I was broke myself.

Any rate I gave the guy the 35cents , guess i felt sorry for him.
Then he asks me to go inside and order the food for him.

I politley declined.
That was a first a bum asking for pocket change
then wants me to order the freaking hamburger at Wendys
Geez do I have sucker written on my body someplace????
Guess he wanted you to see that he wasn't trying to use the money for drugs/alcohol

Old 11-05-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont like being sick.
Awe ... I hope you feel better Huck

Old 11-05-2011, 10:11 PM

My peeve of the day:

Instructors that post these big PowerPoint files for students to print out before class which does not match the PowerPoint that's actually used! Of course, the slides that were missing were the lengthy ones that had valuable info AND which he moved too quickly to allow us enough time to write the darned info down! My poor hand is tired from all that writing during the 8-hour class!

Old 11-06-2011, 03:15 AM

21,397 posts, read 8,612,797 times
My pet peeve is getting messages on my answering machine from complete strangers who talk and talk talk but don't leave a callback number, so you can't let them know that they reached the wrong person!

Old 11-06-2011, 07:50 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,066,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Perhaps the manager had already told him he was not welcome inside the store. At least you would have known that the money was going for food and not something else if you had run in and gotten for him.
Yes precisely that is exactly why I dont usually give loose change.
Probably the first time in Eons.

I watched the guy go inside the store.

And this was in an aerea where the manager probably would not have given a rats fat behind if he was or was not welcomed.

To give you an idea it was a Wendy's with security officers and I am not talking about the mall cops, but mean looking nasty security guys.

I do see your point

Old 11-06-2011, 11:36 AM

Seems that some of my Facebook friends are posting how much they are enjoying our cold weather and rain ... Yeah ... I wonder just how much they would be enjoying it if they had to utilize public transit and deal with the weather without a working heater ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics