Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times

Advertisements

Class projects that require lots of attention to small details! My brain hurts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 09:57 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Having my personal space violated by strangers.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:02 AM

Religious nuts who want to convert everyone.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:47 AM

Warning: rant.

My professor sends me emails asking me to do things that require eyesight. She seems to remember I'm blind every time she emails me a warning that we'll be watching a video in class (the one time I have interpreters to fill me in on all the visuals). Then she'll email me something like a PowerPoint or a YouTube link and ask me to watch it.

She knows I can't watch it. She knows I don't have interpreters with me outside of class. She doesn't even say "we can meet up" or something. Sure I can ask her if we can, but why does she even bother acting like I can somehow watch it on my own? Why doesn't she just say "let's meet up so I can go over this PowerPoint/Youtube video with you"? It drives me nuts cause she's done this to me all semester long, especially coupled with her emails that say "we're going a 5-minute video in class." I don't care because I have an interpreter. And she emails me half an hour before class about it, so it's like if I were to do something about it, half an hour wouldn't be enough of a warning.

I don't get it. She says she's worked with the blind for over 25 years, but she acts like a complete idiot around me. For someone who has that much experience with the blind, she sure doesn't know how to act around blind people.

End rant.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:23 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
U start to wonder how much can one soul take before it gets old?

Old 11-29-2011, 01:32 PM

741 posts, read 1,679,172 times
college..I have over a hundred credits but no degree yet..My current major is criminal justice and now, after 30 credits in these criminal classes, I dont want to do anything in this field!! I have a 3.83 GPA (cumulative) and I dont even care anymore..I have wayy too much stress to give a crap about my own schooling anymore..
I think I may just quit! EVERYONE is going to give me sooooo much heck over it..but I looked at some pictures of myself from a few years ago, and I look 10 years older and its because of school! I have also gained like 30 pounds!! Granted I did finally quit smoking ciggs for good..

I will make my final decision today!

Old 11-29-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciaMomof6 View Post
college..I have over a hundred credits but no degree yet..My current major is criminal justice and now, after 30 credits in these criminal classes, I dont want to do anything in this field!! I have a 3.83 GPA (cumulative) and I dont even care anymore..I have wayy too much stress to give a crap about my own schooling anymore..
I think I may just quit! EVERYONE is going to give me sooooo much heck over it..but I looked at some pictures of myself from a few years ago, and I look 10 years older and its because of school! I have also gained like 30 pounds!! Granted I did finally quit smoking ciggs for good..

How much longer do you have til you receive your degree? Have you thought about changing majors? I hear your frustration but if you are close to finishing, I would just continue on ... You'll be grateful later.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:16 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciaMomof6 View Post

I would get something out of it for all the effort and cost, I think you will be angry at yourself if you stop permanently and end up with no degree. Maybe taking a semester off would be a better idea. What had you planned on doing when you started CJ, and what do you want to do instead of that? How about Public Administration? It's a broader area than CJ and maybe more of your credits could be used within that major than others.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:21 PM

When you are nice and bundled up on a freezing cold morning ... then your back starts to itch!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:53 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,180 times
My car heater still doesn't work after just being to the mechanic, oh joy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics