Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times

Advertisements

Typing in passwords and forgetting that I've got the caps lock on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 01:25 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
The people who should never be allowed to be parents...we had a guy here in MA who tried to sell his 3 month old child for two 40 oz beers.
Yes folks they walk amongst us.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:23 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Scheduling a meeting at a specific time to accommodate someone else's schedule then they don't show up. Scheduled one for 2PM - OK, people do run late (but not like they don't have my phone numbers - office and cell) it's now almost 3:30PM and STILL haven't shown up. Think big mama is calling it a day especially since I worked all weekend.

Ah, all better now LOL

Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
People who pass your hard work off as their own. Just saw my photos in a paper under someone else's name... and it wasn't a typo!

Old 05-18-2010, 03:15 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,494,787 times
Being stuck in the middle of SC when I want to move back home to NJ.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:30 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,494,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Have you considered just leaving your car worries behind and renting a car?
I've tried to rent a car, but they wouldn't accept my debit card...WHY, who knows. I told the phone rep when I made the reservations that all I had was a debit card and she said there would be no problem...right.
I go to the Hertz place to pick up my car...it's pouring down rain, I had my entire family with me, a bunch of luggage, and they tell me I can't rent a car with just a debit card!!! Then the guy walks away and starts waiting on someone else like a was a second-rate citizen. OMG was I pissed.
I ended up driving my 10-year old car the 1200 mile round trip to SC. In March I drove up to NJ and back in my 21-year old Caprice because I wanted to see my family, who I haven't seen in over a year. If I could rent, I would!

Old 05-18-2010, 05:47 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Very smart traveler, someone who rents a car, rather than go through the stress of driving your own, no matter how good a shape it's in. I always rent a car when I go out of town.

But my peeve with rentals, is I'll specify an economy car to rent to get good gas mileage, and so many times I get there, and there's no economy cars left to rent that day. All taken.

So they think they're doing me a huge favor, telling me they've upgraded me to a mid-size or standard car, and the price will be the same as the economy rate. Some favor!

But a couple of times, I got over my anger very quickly, as all that was left that day was luxury cars. Driving around for 3-4 days in a Lincoln, for the price of an economy car, I did not complain, only at the gas pumps.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:59 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Having EBTSS. Eyes Bigger Than Stomach Syndrome. The older I get the worse it gets and there is no known cure.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:20 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
I've tried to rent a car, but they wouldn't accept my debit card...WHY, who knows. I told the phone rep when I made the reservations that all I had was a debit card and she said there would be no problem...right.
I go to the Hertz place to pick up my car...it's pouring down rain, I had my entire family with me, a bunch of luggage, and they tell me I can't rent a car with just a debit card!!! Then the guy walks away and starts waiting on someone else like a was a second-rate citizen. OMG was I pissed.
I ended up driving my 10-year old car the 1200 mile round trip to SC. In March I drove up to NJ and back in my 21-year old Caprice because I wanted to see my family, who I haven't seen in over a year. If I could rent, I would!
I think the credit card thing has to do with the hold they put on the card to ensure that you are good for the money. I know when I have rented they tell me they put a $500 (maybe it was $250) hold on the card as a deposit. I don't know that you can do that with a debit card.

I know that at gas stations you usually can't use debit cards to pay inside a specific amount like you would with cash (you can't walk in, ask for 20$ on a debit, the go pump), so maybe that's the issue.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:24 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Being stuck on an airplane behind someone who lets off stink bombs all throughout the flight. Maybe they should have held off on the beans before the trip. I desperately needed OXYGEN badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics