U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-05-2009, 08:53 PM

11,321 posts, read 9,403,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Many of the old clunkers are unsafe because they are not maintained properly, bad brakes, headlights that are not focused on the road, cracked or broken windows, steering problems, tie rods loose, failed ball joints, poor quality tires, no airbag and more. Old clunkers are unsafe because they are not maintained well enough in many cases to be on the road. .
Now, literally, we're talking about cars here and not talking, metaphorically, about other clunkers in our lives with bad brakes, not maintained properly, steering problems, failed ball joints, poor quality tires and gas mileage and no airbags and lots of irreparable "dents"?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 10:19 PM

23,797 posts, read 15,797,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Now, literally, we're talking about cars here and not talking, metaphorically, about other clunkers in our lives with bad brakes, not maintained properly, steering problems, failed ball joints, poor quality tires and gas mileage and no airbags and lots of irreparable "dents"?
A local tv news station showed film of one dealership that was selling more cars then they ever thought of, and you should have seen most of the clunkers that they traded in. Clunkers or junkers ,,, they ended up at the dealership and were given big bucks for them. lol most were junkers

Old 08-06-2009, 12:02 AM

25,100 posts, read 23,910,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
well we will really see what the future holds!!! in twenty years there will be no suv's left on planet earth as long as fosil fuels are our main source of energy>>>> we have been wasting the gas since the first barrel of oil was discovered!!! and for mpg i say all auto companies should have to produce a vehicle that gets at least 50 mpg the tech is there the insentive is not, it's called greed!!!!!! and when i say suv i mean any car that is a gas guzzler.

and i think this thread should be on the politics and othe controversies forum.
Well - like you said - let's see what the future holds.

Here in my neck of the woods - Pickup Trucks and SUV type vehicles are standard fare - we use them for work, we use them to haul a lot of kids around, we use them to haul the Boat and RV's around among other things.

And while the littly puny 2 seater may be adequate for you, it won't pull the 9,000 lb trailer to the jobsite - or the 9,000 trailer with the boat on it to the lake.

Come to think of it - the P/U truck and SUV's will be around for a very long time to come.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:55 AM

11,321 posts, read 9,403,028 times
Default You missed my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
A local tv news station showed film of one dealership that was selling more cars then they ever thought of, and you should have seen most of the clunkers that they traded in. Clunkers or junkers ,,, they ended up at the dealership and were given big bucks for them. lol most were junkers
I was inferring bringing in your old clunker of a husband or wife.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:09 AM

23,797 posts, read 15,797,755 times
Talking Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I was inferring bringing in your old clunker of a husband or wife.
I have to slow down and read more closely. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics