U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 04:45 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,301,503 times

Advertisements

and still the household sleeps so I can start catching up

Today's Question(s):

Now that school is starting up I though it would be fun to find out

What were some of the things you looked forward to when you were younger and were getting ready to go back to school ?

Add me to the new school supplies list

I did like getting new school clothes however they were more fall themed and there were a couple of times it was still warm and wow lol

Bonus Question:
What was the last thing that would of had you saying"See it is the little things that are most amusing"

Right out side our diningroom window in the bottle brush tree is a mocking bird nest with 3 babies in it. I stood at the window and watched "mom" fly back and forth feeding them, she would get to the nest and you saw 3 little beaks pop up
I stood there for about 20 mins watching and then along came a humming bird it was just a peaceful enjoyable 20 mins

Just for Fun:

How many here made their own book covers for school using a brown grocery bag ?

Me me !!! then we would decorate or doodle on them

Think you could still make them ?

When I go to the grocery store today I am going to get one of the brown grocery bags just so I can see if I remember how

Puzzles :
crossword ?
or
Jigsaw ?
or
Word search ?

out of the 3 probably word search

How many here still have any vinyl records ?

Our 3rd bedroom closet is stuffed full of boxes of records with a number of dance records form the early 80's
Funny thing is at my nephews wedding on the 4th I was amazed that the DJ there as well as at the couple clubs we went to were playing this music and the kids were going nuts over it
I had to laugh and told my nephew and his friends "I have all of this music on the original records "
lol now they all want to come over to our house

oops where did the time go
I have to go wake up hubby which means the "kids" are going to get up too
so let the fun begin !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 04:47 AM

5,826 posts, read 8,423,872 times
Don't tell me that you only now finished walking your neighbor's dog!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 05:08 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,301,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Don't tell me that you only now finished walking your neighbor's dog!!!
lol aliceT
No actually when I got home I got the "lets move all the furniture in the family room" bug

and then that led to having to move things around in the living room

Old 08-13-2009, 03:47 PM

5,826 posts, read 8,423,872 times
Some of us were actually just sitting here waiting for you to get back from letting the neighbor's dog out. Don't worry though, I am growing accustomed to being let down.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:06 PM
bjh

25,025 posts, read 22,602,297 times
Today's Question(s):
Now that school is starting up I though it would be fun to find out What were some of the things you looked forward to when you were younger and were getting ready to go back to school ?
I remember first day butterflies. I was a nerd so actually looked forward to learning.

Bonus Question:
This was mentioned in one of our answers and I thought "what a perfect idea soWhat was the last thing that would of had you saying
"See it is the little things that are most amusing"
Watching a friends dogs play.

Just for Fun:
How many here made their own book covers for school using a brown grocery bag ? Think you could still make them ?
They sent us home with paper to use for that purpose. I could still cover a book, sure.

Puzzles :
crossword ? sometimes
or
Jigsaw ? haven't done one in a while. tough to do with cats in the house
or
Word search ? boring to me

How many here still have any vinyl records ?
Of course! They really do sound better sometimes. Static lends character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics