U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 04:13 PM

21,278 posts, read 5,175,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
noon which is one of the inspirations for

Have you ever given a Surprise Party ? Yes, many for family and sometimes for friends

Has anyone given you a Surprise Party ? Yes, family and friends

If you found out someone was giving you a Surprise Party would you pretend to be "surprised" !! ? No one would believe it was a surprise. What I think is written all over my face.

Bonus Question:

So who here has spent time on a farm ? Lived on a gentleman's farm til I was 9.

Did this farm have animals or crops ? 13 horses, 1 cow, 1 donkey, 24 chickens, 3 dogs, and 1 cat.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of "Wonderful Weirdo's Day"

Is there a special " Wonderful Weirdo " in your life ? Ha! Isn't this an oxymoron? lol j/k If WW means eccentric, then I guess this would be me! Oh... wow.... I get to celebrate myself? ....think I'll get some coffee ice cream!!!

Just for Fun

When was the last time you could be heard saying

"Nope ,sorry, that's just not gonna happen !!!! Two weeks ago when a court case I was a part of had been put off for another week due to the plaintiff making a call to the court house with an excuse which resulted in me driving home from vacation, my attorney said, "It's been rescheduled for next Wednesday." I snapped, "Nope, sorry!, that's just NOT going to happen!"

Today in History:
1899 - Carnation processes its 1st can of evaporated milk *I've never understood how there can be anything in the can if it's evaporated. Do you get it?

Today is:
Fight Procrastination Day *Could we look at this tomorrow perhaps?

****Just a short clarification.... I did NOT mean I grew up on a 'gentleman's farm' as in some man's farm!!!! lmao.... I meant I grew up on a small farm which some may refer to with the label... I didn't mean to label myself!!! >horrorface!< lolololololol****

Last edited by CoastalMaine; 09-06-2009 at 05:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 04:25 PM

191 posts, read 69,697 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever given a Surprise Party ? No

Has anyone given you a Surprise Party ? No

If you found out someone was giving you a Surprise Party would you pretend to be "surprised" !! ? Yes ... I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I would at least try really hard to.

Bonus Question:

So who here has spent time on a farm ? Me, and most people I know.

Did this farm have animals or crops ? All kinds, cattle, horses, cats, dogs, rice crops, orchards, etc.

Extra Credit Question:

Is there a special " Wonderful Weirdo " in your life ?
Yeah....I work with a few. LOL!

Just for Fun

"Nope ,sorry, that's just not gonna happen !!!!

??? Can't think of anything right now.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:00 PM
bjh

20,385 posts, read 12,142,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
.****Just a short clarification.... I did NOT mean I grew up on a 'gentleman's farm' as in some man's farm!!!! lmao.... I meant I grew up on a small farm which some may refer to with the label... I didn't mean to label myself!!! >horrorface!< lolololololol****
Sometimes known as a hobby farm? I think we knew what you meant.

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever given a Surprise Party ?
I wouldn't want to risk inflecting discomfort on another soul.

Has anyone given you a Surprise Party ?
Not a surprise one, but I've never been comfortable being the center of attention at a party. That's just me.

If you found out someone was giving you a Surprise Party would you pretend to be "surprised" !! ?
No, and I wouldn't hide that I knew about it beforehand either.

Bonus Question:
So who here has spent time on a farm ?

Visited a farm where an aunt and uncle lived when I was younger. They just kept a few animals. Mostly poultry. Too woodsy to plant crops.

As mentioned yesterday I worked on a ranch intermittently as a teenager. I think my parents thought it was "character building."

Did this farm have animals or crops ?
Animals: cattle. Crops: depends on if you consider hay a crop.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of "Wonderful Weirdo's Day" Is there a special " Wonderful Weirdo " in your life ?

If someone is a bona fide WEIRDO I probably won't know them for long. As elston suggested: eccentric. Now that's different. Lots of good folks have eccentricities...

Some famous eccentrics: Galileo (the earth isn't the center of teh universe!?), Columbus (the earth isn't flat?!), Edison (you can't make all those ideas work!), Pasteur (there are unseeable animals that make people sick?!)....anyone whose ideas were new at one time. Later known as geniuses in some cases.

Happy weekend, all!

Old 09-06-2009, 06:08 PM

524 posts, read 354,869 times
sorry I'm late today....my daughter and husband came over.
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever given a Surprise Party ? Wedding Shower, I guess counts. and a Birthday one.

Has anyone given you a Surprise Party ? A Birthday party

If you found out someone was giving you a Surprise Party would you pretend to be "surprised" !! ? Yes, and I did that too

Bonus Question:

So who here has spent time on a farm ? a vacation when I was 12 yrs old. I collected Eggs...let me refresh that...I tried too.
Did this farm have animals or crops ?chickens, roosters, cats, corn, and a horse. thats about it

Extra Credit Question:

Is there a special " Wonderful Weirdo " in your life ? No on I can think of.

Just for Fun

Old 09-06-2009, 07:52 PM

43,861 posts, read 27,375,765 times
Barbie Doll Day

Old 09-06-2009, 08:47 PM

16,094 posts, read 11,391,480 times
Sorry I'm late Karla and company but we had company that just now left.

I've helped with one

If you found out someone was giving you a Surprise Party would you pretend to be "surprised" !! ?
No because my face would give it away that I was lying. Sorry.

Most of my life wouldn't redo it either if given the chance. While growing up on the farm I would have loved to change with a city girl. Glad with age comes wisdom.

Animals:
cows
pigs
horses
chickens
cats for the barns
dog(s)
sheep

Crop:
corn
soy beans
wheat
hay

Can't think of any right now but they come and go you know.

Just now when one of the kids was going to get on the computer.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:45 PM

19,340 posts, read 22,356,416 times
Today's Question(s):

None of the above

Bonus Question:

Yes to all of the above

Extra Credit Question:

Heh, heh, heh. Married to her. {Don't tell I said that. She thinks it's me...}

Just for Fun

When an idiot manager at our (used to be) favorite restaurant tried to push some burnt food off on Mrs. Tek when she had sent it back. This was just one among a number of things that have gone on since new management took over. They have ruined a long-time icon in our city. Time to find a better place to go.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:44 AM

17,827 posts, read 21,471,252 times
morning all

I had to chuckle while reading how many of our "question family" is not into big birthday celebrations

OK I love love birthdays so I will from now on go in your place as your stand in

I will wear the silly hat and eat the cake !!!! but you do know that means I may just have to leave with your presents

oh in case any of you are wondering I am running behind this morning because I didn't get up till 6:45
and it is a holiday so todays question will happen eventually

Old 09-07-2009, 07:25 AM

12,140 posts, read 21,999,212 times
Today's Question(s):

Yes

Yes

Absolutely

Bonus Question:

Oh yes.

Both types.

Extra Credit Question:

None in my life, but funny thing, everybody I know says they have one in theirs .

Hey, wait a minute! lol

Just for Fun

At the amusement park and my oldest wanting me to go on that giant slingshot ride, where you are the rock. Nope, not today, not tomorrow, not EVER.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:15 PM

16,479 posts, read 11,760,980 times
Have you ever given a Surprise Party ? Yes, twice, in high school for a girlfriend turning 16 and for my ex-husband years ago.

Has anyone given you a Surprise Party ? Nope.

If you found out someone was giving you a Surprise Party would you pretend to be "surprised" !! ? Yes, I would.

Bonus Question:

So who here has spent time on a farm ? Not me.

Extra Credit Question:

Is there a special " Wonderful Weirdo " in your life ? I am my own weirdo lol.

Just for Fun

"Nope ,sorry, that's just not gonna happen !!!! About 3 weeks ago when my ex-husband had me served with papers to try to get full custody of our 2 minor children, NOT going to happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics