U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-09-2009, 07:34 AM

2,279 posts, read 2,212,168 times
Default I see a Hump..day!

Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday

But first what do you say we talk "Bedrooms"
lol Now that I have your attention

Today's Question(s) :

How many bedrooms do you have in your home ? three

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ? two

and the rest ? office/guest room...just waiting on a bed (procrastinating on purchasing it)

Bonus Question:

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ? Open

Oh , and why ? Coz the kiddo tends to run in and out, if he could pee on em like a cat claiming territory, he would

How about at night ? Same

Extra Credit Question:

The "Favorite Food Fairy" is going to be stopping by to bring you , your absolute favorite food that for some reason you can't get where you live.

Where will she be stopping and what will she be bringing you ? I'm asking for something different. This time whatever I ask or she brings to me must absolutely, positively not have anything that'll make me gain weight or fatten up. And very delicious. If she can work with me on that, she's the best!

Just for Fun:

For those of you with kids, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ? Disposable

Today is:
Weinerschnitzel Day -- spell that fast

Disposable Diaper Day -- those days are long gone, thank god!

NBC Day-- reminds me of that Howard Stern movie ...wNNNNbc

Colonel Sanders Day -- yeah he's da man

Hot Dog Day (First Sold in 1884) -- less complicated than the other one..
Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-09-2009, 07:35 AM

6,982 posts, read 7,228,249 times
Happy Wednesday all!!!

Today's Question(s) :

How many bedrooms do you have in your home ?
3...we plan to do a 2nd story addition or move. My dream is to have a home with 6+ bedrooms each with their own bathroom (for guests.)

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ? 3

and the rest ? N/A

Bonus Question:

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ? Usually closed.

Oh , and why ? To prevent my 18 month old son from getting into any kind of "trouble". Otherwise I prefer them open with all the windows open and fans rotating slowly for air circulation.

How about at night ? All closed: 1. so my kids' sleep isn't disrupted by any of our sounds 2. Fire Safety

Extra Credit Question:

The "Favorite Food Fairy" is going to be stopping by to bring you , your absolute favorite food that for some reason you can't get where you live.

Where will she be stopping and what will she be bringing you ?
Although I can get it, it just takes me over an hour to get there: Roll-N-Roaster in Brooklyn! I'm a sucka' for their burgers and fries with cheese sauce.

Just for Fun:

For those of you with kids, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ?
Disposable.

Unread 09-09-2009, 07:37 AM

8,640 posts, read 13,406,645 times
Default Happy 9/9/9

Bedrooms?
Four. One is the master bedroom, one is used as my husband's "music room" (keyboard, instruments etc. in there,) one is a messy storage room and the other is a guest bedroom. Doors are kept open except when we have company I close the one to the storage room and music room.

Diapers?
Disposable

Last edited by kaykay; 09-09-2009 at 08:20 AM..

Unread 09-09-2009, 07:39 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,119,893 times
Happy Hump Day!

Today's Question(s) :

How many bedrooms do you have in your home ? 3

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ? 1

and the rest ? One is an office/ guest bedroom. The other is an exercise room.

Bonus Question:

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ? One shut, two open

Oh , and why ? The one that is closed is closer to the living room.

How about at night ? Same as in the day.

Extra Credit Question:

Where will she be stopping and what will she be bringing you ? I typically try to eat very healthy foods. But, I wouldn't mind having a chocolate-chocolate chip cheesecake.

Unread 09-09-2009, 07:44 AM

10,495 posts, read 8,379,125 times
[quote=Karla with a K;10672998]Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday

I just noticed the date How cool will it be down the road for kids born today !!

It is another nice morning here in NE FL So that means yup another day of gardening

But first what do you say we talk "Bedrooms"
lol Now that I have your attention

Today's Question(s) :

How many bedrooms do you have in your home ? Three bedrooms.

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ? One, the master bedroom.

and the rest ? One is my office and the other is our family room. We removed a closet and added a big picture window,

Bonus Question:

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ? We keep the doors open.
Oh , and why ? We have a baby gate to keep the dogs out of the carpeted areas.

How about at night ? Doors stay open, it's just the two of us.

Extra Credit Question:

Where will she be stopping and what will she be bringing you ? Oh boy, New York pizza. Wise potato chips. Drakes crumb cake.

Just for Fun:

For those of you with kids, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ? I have fur babies, no diapers.

Unread 09-09-2009, 07:48 AM

3,927 posts, read 5,293,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday

It is another nice morning here in NE FL So that means yup another day of gardening It's going to be 90 here once again today!

Today's Question(s) :

How many bedrooms do you have in your home ? 2

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ? 2

and the rest ?

Bonus Question:

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ?open during the day

Oh , and why ? don't know, just keep them open, always have

How about at night ? they are closed during the summer and open during the winter as the only heat source we have is in the living room and we get cold if we shut the doors.

Extra Credit Question:

The "Favorite Food Fairy" is going to be stopping by to bring you , your absolute favorite food that for some reason you can't get where you live.hmmm, actually I can get my favorite food around here. It is steak. But it would be nice to have someone else do the cooking for a change!

Where will she be stopping and what will she be bringing you ? Steak, baked sweet potato, a nice fresh salad with home-made dressing, a black forrest cake for dessert

Just for Fun:

For those of you with kids, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ? I used both. For some reason, I felt I needed to use cloth along with the disposable. It was a lot of laundry, but I felt their bottoms thanked me for it

Today is:

Weinerschnitzel Day
Disposable Diaper Day
NBC Day
Colonel Sanders Day I always liked the way he looked.
Hot Dog Day (First Sold in 1884) Oh I didn't know how old they were....wow

Wishing everyone a great Hump day today. I'ts nice that it is a short week....or is it?

Unread 09-09-2009, 08:03 AM

495 posts, read 314,627 times
Good morning Karla, and good friends.
Today's Question(s) :

We have 2 bedrooms in our home.

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ? Both are used as bedroom..except the small is also used partly as an office.

and the rest ?

Bonus Question:

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ?All the rooms are kepted open.

Oh , and why ? I like the rooms to look airey

How about at night ? The rooms at night are also kepted open. Our home is a senior home, small, and I wanted the home to look larger than it is.

Extra Credit Question:

The "Favorite Food Fairy" is going to be stopping by to bring you , your absolute favorite food that for some reason you can't get where you live. Where will she be stopping and what will she be bringing you ?
Italian Conolies (spelling)? From Chicago, Illinois

Just for Fun:

For those of you with kids, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ? When our kids were little Cloth.

Unread 09-09-2009, 08:09 AM

4,282 posts, read 6,169,934 times
How many bedrooms do you have in your home ? Three.

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ? Two.

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ? Open.

Oh , and why ? Air circulation and because we have a dog that gets shut in if he's sleeping under the bed!

How about at night ? Open.

Where will she be stopping and what will she be bringing you ? At a British chippy for a large split and gravy with a cheesy pie.

For those of you with kids, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ? I used both.

Unread 09-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Status: "Will be taking a little time off soon" (set 10 hours ago)

12,890 posts, read 10,725,303 times
Good morning! Today's questions:

How many bedrooms do you have in your home? Three bedrooms.

Of these, how many of these are actually used as bedrooms? Two, the third I'm using as an office/computer room.

Bonus questions;
Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut? Two of them open, one shut.

Oh, and why? No particular reason.

How about at night? Pretty much the same thing.

Extra credit question: The favorite food fairy is going to be stopping by to bring you, your absolute favorite food that for some reason you can't get where you live.

Where will she be stopping and what will she be bringing you? Fresh salmon! Yums!

Hope everyone has a nice Tuesday!

Unread 09-09-2009, 08:10 AM

5,437 posts, read 5,989,454 times
Today's Question(s) :

The Dude home has 4 bedrooms.

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ?
Mrs D and I use 1, one is a guest room.

and the rest ?
One is our office complete with refridgerator and microwave. The other Mrs D's sewing room and a storage & shipping room for my Ebay stuff.

Bonus Question:

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ?
Office and bedroom doors are open. Guest and sewing rooms closed, unless we know they will be used or we are showing the house.

Oh , and why ?
No need to heat or A/C an unused room.

How about at night ?
If one of the boys stays late, or overnight we will close the door to the master suite. It's soundproof and they can talk, watch TV, whatever and we can sleep like babies.

Extra Credit Question:

Where will she be stopping and what will she be bringing you ?
Philadelphia PA... Didn't even have to think about this one Karla, a real Philly Cheesesteak.

Just for Fun:

For those of you with kids, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ?
I tried using one of those machines once.

http://imgtn2.ask.com/ts?t=13303937368864077888&pid=23168&ppid=1 (broken link)

It didn't work. I put the baby in closed it and waited , for what I thought was a reasonable amount of time, I took the kid out and the diaper was still dirty

Today in History:
1836 - Abraham Lincoln received his license to practice law.
1850 - California becomes 31st state
1830 - Charles Durant, 1st U.S. aeronaut, flies a balloon from New York City to Perth Amboy, NJ
1945 - 1st "bug" in a computer program discovered by Grace Hopper, a moth was removed with tweezers from a relay and taped into the log.
1961 - Pampers changed America by creating the disposable diaper

Word of the Day:
malapropism \mal-uh-PROP-iz-uhm\ , noun:
1. An act or habit of misusing words ridiculously, esp. by the confusion of words that are similar in sound.

Today is:

Weinerschnitzel Day
Disposable Diaper Day
NBC Day
Colonel Sanders Day
Hot Dog Day (First Sold in 1884)
Weinerschnitzel for breakfast, Hot Dogs for lunch and chicken for supper? It's going to be a good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics