Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 05:44 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times

Advertisements

This is something I have been curious about for a long time

How do you "Do" the "Today's Question"

Do you :
Read all the posts before answering ? Nope, I do not read any of them.
Do you start at the beginning, copy the question part then paste it in the post reply window ? Yes.
Do you read the whole question then go back and answer ? Yes.
Answer as you go along ? Yes.
Just read the thread everyday but promise yourself you will one day answer the questions ?
Nope, none of those I do it this way ___________.

Bonus Question:

I never thought the simple idea of letting my daughter stay with my husband for a short time would of turned into a custody battle.

Extra Credit Question:

What is on your Monday "To Do" list that you really really need to get done. ?
So hopefully posting it here will be the inspiration you need to make sure it gets done I need to make some phone calls.

Just for Fun:
As you saw(or will see) in the history section Handel completed "The Messiah" on this day
So just curious

How many of our "Question Family" have ever sung the "Hallelujah Chorus"? Nope.

*Edit* ok for those of our ? family that don't sing

How many have seen the "Hallelujah Chorus" preformed ? On tv only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 05:56 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,729,620 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you start at the beginning, copy the question part then paste it in the post reply window ?

Bonus Question:

I never thought the simple idea of picking up a box would of turned into me spraining my back.

Extra Credit Question:

What is on your Monday "To Do" list that you really really need to get done. ? Not much tonight.

Just for Fun:
As you saw(or will see) in the history section Handel completed "The Messiah" on this day
So just curious

How many of our "Question Family" have ever sung the "Hallelujah Chorus"? I don't sing

How many have seen the "Hallelujah Chorus" preformed ?No

Old 09-14-2009, 05:59 PM

2,046 posts, read 919,449 times
aiangel_writer

Would you care to elaborate?

Old 09-14-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
The term Copy and Paste has been very common for a long time, maybe we should start using a new term... Copy and Post..
Bwuahahaha!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Well today seems to be 'show off' day because on my to do list today is to watch my performance in a quiz show on the BBC...I haven't but my wife has many times including on TV more than once, as she was in the BBC Symphony Chorus, and also used to perform every year at the Last Night Of The Proms with her sister playing violin with the BBC Symphony Orchestra.
VERY cool.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaf View Post
Yep -- I'm working my way up to jumping in and being "accepted" by this thread's dedicated following!!
Shouldn't be a problem - just jump in and enjoy yourself! We're a very accepting group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I never thought the simple idea of letting my daughter stay with my husband for a short time would of turned into a custody battle.
Awww, man. I'm sorry to hear this.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:41 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaf View Post
Yep -- I'm working my way up to jumping in and being "accepted" by this thread's dedicated following!!

(Mostly I think to myself... "how does she have time to look up all this stuff and compile it together every day!!" )

Yes, I've sung it. First soprano!!

Hey...if I can do it, anyone can .

BTW, I sang/sing first soprano also, but don't remember ever singing that particular song. My high school chorus teacher was also my chior leader for the brief time that I attended his denomination. I cannot remember that song that we sang at Christmas . Another senior moment.

PS...I did get 2 large loads of laundry done.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:03 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,500,862 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you :
Read all the posts before answering ?
Do you start at the beginning, copy the question part then paste it in the post reply window ?
Do you read the whole question then go back and answer ?
Answer as you go along ?
Just read the thread everyday but promise yourself you will one day answer the questions ?
Nope, none of those I do it this way ___________
I usually read the question in the morning while I eat breakfast, but don't actually answer until the evening. This gives me the whole day to think of answers. Then there are times tonight when our entire cable was down, consequently - no internet until just now.

Bonus Question:

I never thought the simple idea of
making sure the Cub Scouts knew the Heimlich maneuver would of turned into such a proud moment. We just found out DS #2 helped out a choking gentleman this evening and he said he learned it in Cub Scouts. One of his leaders happened to be his dad.

Extra Credit Question:

Need to finish the quilt rack I am making for an upcoming benefit auction.
So hopefully posting it here will be the inspiration you need to make sure it gets done It got done today.

Just for Fun:
So just curious

How many of our "Question Family" have ever sung the "Hallelujah Chorus"?
Sang it in the HS Choir and played it in band.

How many have seen the "Hallelujah Chorus" preformed ?
Oh yeah. The school where I taught most of my career performs it to end their Christmas concert every year. They always invite any choir alumni in the audience to come up and join them. I think some years there are almost more on stage than in the audience for it.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:58 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Yay I have time before I have to leave to go run errands so let me start catching up on answering some of the last few

Today's Question(s):

lol I guess my answer is going to be a little different
First I start with looking up the Today in history stuff. Then I add the word of the day & the today is stuff
Then I add in the Questions

Bonus Question:

I never thought the simple idea of Moving the TV from the bedroom to the library would of turned into a complete bedroom furniture moving day

Extra Credit Question:

I had to go to the post office to mail some thing for my p/t job
Drop some donations off at the Salvation Army drop off

So hopefully posting it here will be the inspiration you need to make sure it gets done
Both got done !!!

Just for Fun:

How many of our "Question Family" have ever sung the "Hallelujah Chorus"?
That would be me both in the school choir & my church choir

How many have seen the "Hallelujah Chorus" preformed ?
Our local Symphony preforms the Messiah every Christmas season, we took my MIL a couple years ago. I quietly sang along with the Hallelujah in my seat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics