Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:39 AM

821 posts, read 2,008,577 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ?
Me, my windows are opened in the spring time and not shut till it gets cold (which last night I got cold)

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

Ok, we all have them, so being the cozy little family that we have become I thought it would be fun to see how many of us might share the same Quirks

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ?
will have to think one this one, I have lived with my quirks for some long, I think they are normal

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell"
__shut up _ !!!
this morning to my husband and nephew, nephew is lazy husband wants him to work
but he can always come up with an excuse for a reason not to work
but wants to borrow money every day

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ?
the word "favorite and chores" does not go together

Have you ever collected rocks ? not collected, but I do have a few rocks that are painted (small ones)

Do you own a raincoat ? I have a carhartt rain jacket (but it's been washed so many times that I think the rain proof stuff on it is gone almost)

National eat an Apple Day I think I will do this

it's raining and I'm going back to work today (been off a week)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:50 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,597,842 times
Good morning everyone! Glad to be back in the land of cyberspace
Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ?.....not today...it's raining

If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ?...oooh, it will probably be a while...October or November

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

Ok, we all have them, so being the cozy little family that we have become I thought it would be fun to see how many of us might share the same Quirks

Hmmmm....I have so many. I have to smoke when I get in the car (yes, I'm still smoking), I'm really weird about laundry that it takes me forever to do it. I wash things through 2 or 3 cycles and everything has to be folded just so but most everything gets hung up. I think I have a touch of OCD. No weird hand washing though or having to turn doorknobs three or four times.

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" _get the *bleep* out of my way you snail!!!!!

Just for Fun:

I don't necessary like chores but if I have to choose I guess it would be cleaning the kitchen.....can't stand a nasty kitchen. Laundry is definitely my least favorite because I'm so weird about it.

Have you ever collected rocks ?
I think I had one of those pet rocks in the 70's and I have a cute little mushroom made out of rocks that I've had for years.

Do you own a raincoat ?
No....I don't mind getting wet. Weird, I know.

Word of the Day:
logorrhea \law-guh-REE-uh\ , noun:
1. Pathologically incoherent, repetitious speech.
2. Incessant or compulsive talkativeness; wearisome volubility.
This is me when I'm manic.....seeing how's I'm bipolar and all. That probably explains the weird laundry thing.

Today is:
National Guacamole Day..............ick
National eat an Apple Day............
Road Runner..............................the cartoon character or an actual roadrunner?
Play Doh Day.............................I love play doh!
Collect Rocks Day.......................this could mean other things
Wrinkled Raincoat Day................and this is exactly why I don't have one

Old 09-16-2009, 06:59 AM

3,968 posts, read 8,482,745 times
Today's Question(s):

We had ours open most of the last couple of weeks, but then over the weekend it got hot again, so we turned the AC back on. Last night while we were at the fair, it started to cool off pretty nicely, but then it rained for a few minutes and got really sticky again. Haven't checked yet this morning, but it looks nice out.

If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ?

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

I guess, since you really want to know I will tell you, that it seems that I have a tendency, or maybe it's more of a habit, could be a quirk though, of wanting to make sure people understand what I am trying to say by repeating myself, over and over, but using different words, just kind of droning on and on, hoping that they eventually, after a while, catch on to my message.

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell"
JUST GET TO THE POINT ALREADY !!! And yes, I was talking to myself.

Just for Fun:

Getting the trash out every Thursday morning seems to be what I do most, so that MUST be my favorite.

Have you ever collected rocks ? We collected some to build a dam across the ditch behind the house when I was younger. Does that count?

Do you own a raincoat ? I have a rain poncho that I wore at an auction once. Took it along to the Bean Days Parade this year so I wouldn't get wet on the tractor if it rained. I don't use it much, though.

Have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY everyone.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:07 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,125,724 times
Good morning everyone, have a happy Hump Day!!!

Today's Question(s):

Not yet, although we came close the other night, when it dipped into the upper 60's.

Usually by mid October

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

I do not eat any thing with blue dye in it.

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" I wish I was a Genie and could make you dissapear !!!

Just for Fun:

I really have to be in a mood, but I would say organizing closets & drawers.

Have you ever collected rocks ?
No, but my DH does. We have enough to build a small cabin with.

Do you own a raincoat ?
No, I gave it away about 10 years ago.

Last edited by Sweetie Pie; 09-16-2009 at 07:17 AM..

Old 09-16-2009, 07:18 AM

7,572 posts, read 8,999,803 times
Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ? We have had open window weather almost all summer but right now it is great. My windows are open from spring til it gets cold, unless it is really hot & muggy - love fresh air. A/C is used only on those really hot and muggy days.

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ? I'm sure I have my share but quirks to you would be normal for me.

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" What the he** is wrong with you !!! Pull your brain out of your back side and start using it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ? Changing bed sheets - love crawling into a clean bed.

Have you ever collected rocks ? No

Do you own a raincoat ? It's a rain poncho

Today in History:

1981- the pilot episode of Miami Vice aired on NBC-TV I use to have Friday night get togethers to watch this - loved it. I have 3 seasons of DVDs - fun to pop in now and then - especially loved the music of that time.

Have a good one!!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:22 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,299,703 times
Good morning!
Today = vacations for hubby and I!
We'll be gone for 12 days! We are going to visit Utah's National Parks...
But first: Las Vegas!! I can't believe we'll be there tonight!

Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ? Not I

If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ? When it's cooler out there?

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ? Not sure if I have any. Or if I do (and I sure do, like everybody), they are not quirks for me...

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" Karla what the h*** are you doing? We're waiting for the questions!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ? How can a chore be a favorite??

Have you ever collected rocks ? Nope

Do you own a raincoat ? I do, but hardly ever wear it

Today in History:
1620 - On this day, 102 passengers and crew set sail on the "Mayflower" from Plymouth, England. Their destination was the New World. This hearty group of 41 men, the rest, women and children; half religious dissenters and half entrepreneurs, made it to Provincetown, Massachusetts on November 21, 1620. A month later, the Plymouth Colony was founded by the passengers of the "Mayflower". Been there! I visited a replica of the Mayflower, very impressive to think they spent weeks in that type of ship...

Today is:
National Guacamole Day Yuk, I hate that
National eat an Apple Day I have an apple waiting to be eaten!
Road Runner Day? I loved the road runner and coyote cartoon. And I'd be very happy to see a real road-runner during our vacation!
Play Doh Day That was a long time ago!!
Collect Rocks Day No thanks
Wrinkled Raincoat Day No thanks

I'll see you later this month guys!
Have a great day!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:24 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,854,667 times
Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather?
At night, yes. It'll still be in the 90s and 100s well into November around here.

Bonus Question:

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks?

I like to grocery shop at 5am due to the lack of people.

I must smash my meatloaf up on my plate with my fork, mix it with smashed baked potato, then drown it in ketchup.

I like driving in 110 degree weather with the windows down and the AC off.

When quoting your QOTD posts, I have to backspace your question marks so they immediately follow the last word in your sentences, with no space. I can't help myself.

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just Stand Up & Yell "NO! THAT ISN'T FUNNY!!!"

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house? Stock the pantry.

Have you ever collected rocks? On occasion.

Do you own a raincoat? Haven't owned a raincoat since childhood. It seldom rains around here.

Today in History:

1968 - Richard Nixon appears on "Laugh-in" And I was there.

Word of the Day:

logorrhea \law-guh-REE-uh\ , noun:
1. Pathologically incoherent, repetitious speech.
2. Incessant or compulsive talkativeness; wearisome volubility. C-D has a few of those types.

Today is:

National Guacamole Day I approve of this day.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:26 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,332,386 times
Good morning all. Happy Hump Day.

It is pouring out today but the front doors are open. They will stay open until the rain comes in. We have the doors open all morning, early afternoon, and at night. We still have to close them from about 2pm-6pm which seems to be the hottest time.

I love breezes and we can usually have the doors open from September-December and March-July.

Lets discuss Quirks !!! Let's not and say we did, lol. My hubby calls me neuritic but he loves me anyway.

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ? I don't want to scare you so I'll just name a few.
When I park the car I like to pull into spots on my left side.
All the bills in my wallet need to face the same way.
When I start to cook in the kitchen I cannot have any dirty dishes in the sink.
The toilet paper and paper towels have to face a certain way. If not I fix it.

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" _______________ !!!
Give me a break.

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ? It seems like I am always washing dishes. It's a result of loving to cook. I don't mind washing them but I hate drying them and putting them away.

Have you ever collected rocks ? Yes and shells and beach glass.

Do you own a raincoat ? [/b] No but I could've used one this year.

National Guacamole Day I like avocado's. Yum.

National eat an Apple Day Love those too.

Road Runner Beep beep your a**.

Play Doh Day I will never forget the "smell" of play doh. What was that?

Old 09-16-2009, 07:35 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,238,640 times
Open window weather?
No, not yet. Still too hot and humid here.
Could probably open them in October.

Quirks?
Don't like to see people put paper trash on a plate with leftover food when they are done eating. It just bothers me. Food and paper together like that just are gross to me! My husband laughs at me about it.

Favorite chore?
Well, probably the one I mind least is washing clothes or doing dishes. Don't like mopping or cleaning bathrooms!

Collected rocks?
no

Own a raincoat?
Yes, if you consider this coat I have that is called an "all weather" coat. Don't have a plastic raincoat if that's what you mean.

The other day I so wanted to stand up and yell, "Don't call the bank anymore! I'm tired of answering the phone!"

Last edited by kaykay; 09-16-2009 at 07:46 AM..

Old 09-16-2009, 07:40 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,617,596 times
[quote=Karla with a K;10779148]Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday
Well it is going to be 90 today in NEFL oh joy lol !!
Looks like summer is still here

We were suppose to have rain the last 3 days so I turned my sprinkler off and of course it didn't rain so I have to go out and do some hand watering as soon as I ask

Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ? Here in North central AZ, we open our windows in the morning until around noon, then it's time for the AC.

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ? I get very stressed out by bad drivers. Some people look like they are driving drunk, turns out they are talking on the phone and not paying attention to the road.

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" _Hey, pick a lane buddy!______________ !!!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ? I like to see the end result of doing laundry.

Have you ever collected rocks ? You mean like like diamonds? Yes I love to collect them!

Do you own a raincoat ?
No, no umbrella either. I live in AZ.

Happy hump day! I can almost smell the weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics