Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:29 AM

656 posts, read 1,309,712 times

Advertisements

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ?we had it the last couple of days. it's been beautiful but i hear it's suppose to warm back up again yuck!!

If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ?

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

Ok, we all have them, so being the cozy little family that we have become I thought it would be fun to see how many of us might share the same Quirks

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ?I like my tooth paste squeezed from the bottom and the cap on.

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" __I,m getting my own apartment you suckers can keep this house!! (referring to my kids) cause they don't help keep anything clean!_____________ !!!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ?duting and washing down the countertops.

Have you ever collected rocks ?NO but i remember in the 80s we had a thing called a pet rock! everyone had one. you had to treat it good

have a great day all!!

Do you own a raincoat ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
Karla, I would be very happy to send you some of our rain. It has been raining steadily for hours, and I am sure we have had an all time record for September rains here. Our power was out for 2 hours, right at the time I normally cook or breakfast. My hubby was about to have a caffeine fit, so I drove him to the local hardware store, where the owner always has coffee for his customers. We were only gone about 1/2 hour, and when we got back home, the power was back on. Breakfast has been cooked and eaten now.

Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ?
We have "open window weather" all summer since we have no AC. Have had to shut them all the past 2-3 days because of the rains and chilly weather.

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

Ok, we all have them, so being the cozy little family that we have become I thought it would be fun to see how many of us might share the same Quirks

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ?
My hubby's "quirk for the day" is the need to have coffee! He drinks it all day long. I brew the 50% until afternoon, then I brew decaf.
He has many routines that he is compelled to do every day, including things that he eats.
I am sure I have some also. but cannot think of one right off hand. Actually, I think I am full of quirks.

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" __Knock it off!!!!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ?
Hmmmm, I guess that would be tending to my houseplants.

Have you ever collected rocks ?
Yes. I have some from several differant States.
Oh...I collect shells too, and other natural items. .....

Do you own a raincoat ?
Yes....3 of them, all differant colors. I took the yellow one with me today.

Today in History:
1620 - On this day, 102 passengers and crew set sail on the "Mayflower" from Plymouth, England. Their destination was the New World. This hearty group of 41 men, the rest, women and children; half religious dissenters and half entrepreneurs, made it to Provincetown, Massachusetts on November 21, 1620. A month later, the Plymouth Colony was founded by the passengers of the "Mayflower".
Some of my furniture came over on the Mayflower ! Just kidding.
1908 - General Motors was founded on this day. The man responsible for the beginning of the huge auto-manufacturing company (maker of Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Chevrolet) was William Crapo ‘Billy’ Durant.
We have had at least one of each, except an Olds.
1968 - Richard Nixon appears on "Laugh-in"
1981- the pilot episode of Miami Vice aired on NBC-TV
I liked that show.

Word of the Day:
logorrhea \law-guh-REE-uh\ , noun:
1. Pathologically incoherent, repetitious speech.
2. Incessant or compulsive talkativeness; wearisome volubility.
I hate to admit it, but I am getting more and more that way.

Today is:
National Guacamole Day
National eat an Apple Day
Road Runner Day There are local roadrunners here. We love seeing them
Play Doh Day
Collect Rocks Day
Wrinkled Raincoat Day[/quote] Hmmm, why "wrinkled" ???

Yea ! I made it, and the power is still on !!!

Last edited by Towhee; 09-16-2009 at 09:12 AM..

Old 09-16-2009, 08:39 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times
Have you ever collected rocks?

Only the ones in my head.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Today in History:
1620 - On this day, 102 passengers and crew set sail on the "Mayflower" from Plymouth, England. Their destination was the New World. This hearty group of 41 men, the rest, women and children; half religious dissenters and half entrepreneurs, made it to Provincetown, Massachusetts on November 21, 1620. A month later, the Plymouth Colony was founded by the passengers of the "Mayflower".
And one of those entrepreneurs was the guy who founded the Mayflower moving company, he even had the company's log on the sides of the ship..

1908 - General Motors was founded on this day. The man responsible for the beginning of the huge auto-manufacturing company (maker of Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Chevrolet) was William Crapo ‘Billy’ Durant.
LOL.. William Crapo... Could that be why they made crappy automobiles? ... - I'm only kidding, GM did make good cars.

1968 - Richard Nixon appears on "Laugh-in"
I am not a crook... and I am not a comedian! - Actually I remember seeing him on there back then, he was a candidate in the 1968 elections. I'm sure somebody has that on YouTube.

1981- the pilot episode of Miami Vice aired on NBC-TV
Was there a co-pilot?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:04 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,546,355 times
Good morning Karla and Happy Wednesday everyone...it's suppose to get up to 100 today here in Southern California in the IE...

We've had "Open Window" weather the past few days and it's been wonderful! We can normally have our windows open every night, even in the hottest of weather because it cools down here at night...for this I'm thankful!

Yes, I've got quirks...plenty actually...I hate dirt and germs! My sister's tell me we're all OCD...I'm sure they're right...I wash my hands a hundred times a day and carry little bottles of germ blaster in my purse, car, etc.!!

I don't know if I actually have any favorite chores that I like to do around the house...but, I don't mind cleaning the house...I like the feeling of having everything nice and clean.

I have never collected rocks, although I still have a rock my grandson Cody gave me when he was little, and living in So. California, I don't own a raincoat.

National Guacamole Day...I like the idea of this, and I love this stuff!

Have a great day...

Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ? ~ Not yet ready for that in Phoenix

If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ? ~ maybe at Christmas time

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ? ~ I think they removed them during the last time I was in I was in the hospital.

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" _~ I couldn’t because Mrs Aks was driving 80mph on I-15 in Idaho__ !!!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ? ~ None!

Have you ever collected rocks ? ~ I’ve got many of them saved from around the county. Also the yard is nothing but rocks but I’m not saving those.

Do you own a raincoat ? ~ Yes,,, but I never use it.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:31 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
OK heads up
If the question is late tomorrow that is because I am on my way to everyone's house where it is cool enough to have the windows open

I just spent 3 hours out in the yard and let me tell you well lol lets just leave it at that to keep this PG13

Old 09-16-2009, 09:39 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,109 times
Happy Hump Day!! I spent half my evening helping my 7th grader with his homework. When I was in school we didn't have Pre-Algebra until high school - - - my son has it in 7th grade! I like my math with numbers, not letters!! This will be an interesting year......

How many in our ? family are experiencing "Open Window" weather? If not yet when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breeze?
We are having Open Window weather! It is almost too cold in the morning, and is borderline of being too hot in the afternoon, but we have not had any heat or a/c on, so all is good!

Let's discuss Quirks!!
Ok we all have them, so being the cozy little family that we have become, I thought it would be fun to see how many of us might share the same quirks.

So tell us, what are some of your quirks?
We have a big wood coffee mug rack that my dh made that is on our wall. It has to be ordered with a light colored cup then a dark colored cup, and so on. If I see two dark cups together, it's like a magnet that draws me over there to fix it - I just can't help it!

The other day I so wanted to just Stand up and Yell "KNOCK IT OFF!!!!" This would be when my kids were fighting and each one feels that they need to have the last word. They will get to a point and I will tell them to stop - - - it is quiet for about 10 seconds and then I hear a "under the breath mumble" out of one of them, and the whole thing starts over again.

Actually I do have to say, even though they fight like cats and dogs, when it gets right down to it, they will stick together. Over the weekend my daughter was very sad and emotional because it was the first gymnastics competition of the season and since she quit, she wasn't there. I noticed that day that my son hung around her alot and was very nice to her and made her laugh. It was so cool, but I didn't say a word because I was afraid that if I brought it to his attention, he may quit!!

What are your favorite chores to do around the house?
That is hard - at this point in my life chores are a necessary evil, and there is never enough time to get them done! I guess maybe cleaning the kitchen - - - I like to have a clean kitchen!

Have you ever collected rocks?
I think I did as a kid. We even found a "fuzzy" one once - - - - then my friends parents told us it was a piece of old cow poop!! That's what happens when you take an 9 year old city kid camping!!

Do you own a raincoat?
No - Put the hood up on my jacket and I'm good!

National Guacamole Day - Yum!!
National Eat an Apple Day - I packed one in my daughter's lunch!
Road Runner Day - Beep Beep!
Play Doh Day - My daughter stuck Play Doh up her nose when she was little. I had to use one of those "snot suckers" to get it out!
Collect Rocks Day - Don't pick up the fuzzy ones!
Wrinkled Raincoat Day - No raincoats here.

Have a great day everyone!!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:50 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,564 times
Oh yeah!!! Isn't it the best? Love it, just love it!

Gee, , you know I really don't like to talk about myself.... Well, OK....
- If I pet one dog, I have to pet the other - even if the other one's asleep and doesn't have a clue.
- I have to have a napkin with my coffee, & they never give me one at the drive*thru. So I always ask...and they always look at me sideways...
- I apologize to a flower when I have to toss it, if the bloom is nice, but the stem is shot. Don't know why I feel bad about an inanimate object...
- I feel rotten for days after I accidentally run over a chipmunk. I'm into day 3 now...will the guilt ever end?

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" AAAAAAARRGGHH !!!
(what...isn't that good enough?)

This is a trick question, right?

Looks like another quirk I forgot to mention. I'm a lifetime member of Rock Collectors Anonymous.

Do you own a raincoat ?
It's in the hall closet with the umbrella. I always remember it....after I come in like a drowned rat.

Today in History:
1968 - Richard Nixon appears on "Laugh-in" - you bet your sweet bippy.

Word of the Day:
logorrhea \law-guh-REE-uh\ , noun:
1. Pathologically incoherent, repetitious speech.
2. Incessant or compulsive talkativeness; wearisome volubility.
3. I've asked you before to quit spying on me...now you're eavesdropping???

Old 09-16-2009, 11:06 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times

Not lately, but we did for most of the summer!

Later this month.

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

I have no quirks. Mrs. Tek will tell you otherwise, but she's fibbing...

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" (I cannot repeat that here! ) !!!

Although our standard, which we use amongst the two of us is: "Get off my damn lawn you young whipper snapper!" when we are joking about being Old Farts, or one of us is bitching about something.

Just for Fun:

Hold down my recliner

I still do, much to Mrs. Teks chagrin.

Do you own a raincoat ?

Heh, heh, heh. Hey look at this! No raincoat here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Babble:

Who put that image up there?

Early post today. Getting ready to do some drilling of holes in the back of the entertainment center. I'm trying to decide if I should take pictures in case anyone else ever wants to know how to do this. Probably not. It's an unusual project.

Going to break down and water today. It is really dry out there and the plants are showing it.

I was listening to the radio this morning and heard a new song from Coldplay. There was a line that got my attention that went something like: "Don't let your mind wreck your spirit" [sic] and I thought, "That is so true. I've been letting these stupid Shingles get me down and I need to just get my sh*t together and move on." Just as that thought completed itself the Shingles zapped me right above and down into my eye. Evil crap!!!

So later I was talking to Mrs. Tek about it and she asked me how many pain pills (Gabapentin) I had taken this morning. I dunno, whatever was in the container. She then reminded me that she only put one in this week and I was supposed to add the second one. Um, I forgot. That's why I'm having more problems than usual. Sheesh!

So I'm taking two in the morning from now on and getting my sh*t together. Better attitudes all 'round.

Going to Phoenix next week. Mrs. Tek is going for business and I'm tagging along. My oldest living brother lives about an hour south of Tucson and I'm driving own to see him and his wife. He is 80 this year. Holy cow! Always great to see them. I will take some pictures of his house and share. It is really cool.

Everyone have a great Hump day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics