Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 10:27 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,415,032 times

Advertisements

I can barely open my eyes to read the boards, but good morning everyone! Lots of work to do today, and my tired butt is dragging, so I'll just answer and run. . .

Today's Question(s):

Do you usually take a drink with you when you head out in your vehicle ?
Almost never. Usually only when I'm going on a road trip, then we bring a thermos of coffee and stop for something cold to drink along the way.
Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ?
A doctor's appointment.
How did you remind yourself ?
I set an alarm reminder on my cell phone. I'm getting too old to remember things on my own anymore.
Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!" ?
When I finally found this forum!!
Today in History:
1851 - "The New York Times" began publishing -- It's hypocritical, I know, because I long ago cancelled all my newspaper subscriptions, but I'm kind of sad to see the print version of newspapers going away.
1848 - Baseball rules 1st baseman can tag base for out instead of runner -- Good call!
1891 - Harriet Maxwell Converse is 1st white woman to become an Indian chief
1965 - "Get Smart" premieres -- Missed it by that much!
1990 - 500 pound Hershey Kiss is displayed in Times Square -- Wouldn't have lasted long had I been there!

Word of the Day:

alacrity \uh-LACK-ruh-tee\ , noun:
1. A cheerful or eager readiness or willingness, often manifested by brisk, lively action or promptness in response.
That is so not me today. Ugh.

Today is:

National Cheeseburger Day -- I may just have to honor that one!
National Respect Day -- Always!!
Chiropractors Day -- Sorry, can't celebrate them. Two of them have screwed up my back permanently. I think it's junk "medicine".
National Farm Safety Day -- Moo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 11:11 AM

54,482 posts, read 33,790,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
National Chiropractor's Day!
I love mine. So I won't make any "cracks" about them! LOL!
LOL.. If I said that, I would have been sent to my room... but you're right, sometimes chiroCrackters are not what they're cracked up to be...

Old 09-18-2009, 11:27 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,527,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. If I said that, I would have been sent to my room... but you're right, sometimes chiroCrackters are not what they're cracked up to be...

I am afraid Jill61 went to a couple of Chirocrackers, instead of Chiropractors ! I found over several years of experience with them, they are definitely not created equal! The one I went to most recently never "cracked" my back, or my neck! I wish my insurance still covered his business.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:11 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,002,404 times
Today's Question(s):
So yesterday we asked about the cup holders in your vehicles so it make sense that I ask

Oh yeah, I always take a bottle of water with me and sometimes pick up another drink if it's a long trip somewhere (usually some juice or maybe a soda pop)

Bonus Question:

To pay some of my bills.

I put everything I need to do on my computer calendar. If it's something really important I also write myself a note on a note pad. I also use "sticky notes" sometimes.

Extra Credit Question:

Yesterday when I heard a politician from another country actually say what he was really planning to do and not just trying to score political points with someone or some group. He couldn't have cared less what anyone else might think about what he said. Sadly, I couldn't remember the last time I heard a politician here in the U.S. be that blatantly honest. Okay, I'll stop ranting now...LOL.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:29 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,297,130 times
I always take water with me when I go out.
I am constantly needing to be reminded of something, I usually tell my husband to remind me and he forgets
It's about time the temperature dropped a little in Houston!

Old 09-18-2009, 02:08 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,488 posts, read 7,162,069 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you usually take a drink with you when you head out in your vehicle ? Oh no.....

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ? I don't remember I need to make a note for next time I guess....

Extra Credit Question:

This morning she said yes........
Probably the rain we had last week...yep thats it the rain we had

Word of the Day:
1. A cheerful or eager readiness or willingness, often manifested by brisk, lively action or promptness in response.

Today is:
National Farm Safety Day[/quote]

Have a great weekend everyone

Old 09-18-2009, 02:27 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,545,760 times
So yesterday we asked about the cup holders in your vehicles so it make sense that I ask

Water is already in it.

Bonus Question:

Delete some files for a client (online).

Calendar function in Outlook

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!

When they finally released excursions for our November cruise!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Babble

Not much today (well what do you expect? It's Friday and I'm semi-retired)

Woke up feeling really good today. Clear-headed was the best of it. I've been in a "fog" since the beginning of July!

Spent an hour at a clients. Went to Lowes and bought some feet to raise the Tivo so it has more clearance under it for air flow. Found some bungee cords for the vehicles while I was there. I like the black, heavy, rubber type. All mine are getting old and looking pretty bad, so it's time to toss and replace. Found fishing line at Ace for removing the dealers advertising badge from the Sorento. I'll leave it on if they make my car payment. Otherwise I'm not advertising for them, sorry.

Emptied everything out of the Sorento trying to figure out if something I have in there is squeaking or banging. Nope. The service department left me a mess when they put the soundproofing in. There is a new squeak somewhere around the passenger seat (verified by Mrs. Tek), which they removed for part of the soundproofing, and some "clunking" over there, too. I thought I had some noise under and in front of the passenger compartment, but I think it was actually the back seats (see the next paragraph). The reason I thought it was in front and under would be my hearing loss which makes me directionally hearing challenged.

Love the vehicle, but the service department seems to be a bunch of "half done is good enough" workers.

Had to stop fast today (idiot in a truck) and when I accelerated after I heard a loud noise from behind me. I stopped and checked and the fold down back of the seat behind me was not latched. I figure the noise I heard was the other half slamming closed after tipping forward during that fast stop. Since I know they were latched when it went into the service department, I call "Half done is good enough".

All
this will keep me from ever buying another Kia if it keeps up.

Done for the day. Mrs Tek came down for a break and immediately fell asleep. She's really having a tough allergy year. I'll have to wake her up in a few so she can get back to work. I don't want to, though.

I think I'll make a pitcher of "By Threes" Margaritas tonight!!!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:38 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,135,855 times
Howdy Karla and company! Great afternoon isn't it?

Always have an insulated mug of ice water with me.

We have a home football game tonight

DD told me this morning so I would wash her band shirt

When DD comes downstairs in the mornings about 7 minutes before the bus comes. She takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r dressing and doing her hair & makeup.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:03 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,832,788 times
Hi everyone!! I am late today...I have been on medication that is giving me migraines...ugh..I don't know how people live with these. I have to deal with this until October when I am having the problem corrected! Yikes! Right now I feel a little better though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Today's Question(s):

Do you usually take a drink with you when you head out in your vehicle ? Yes, either water, coffee or diet coke!

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ? I always need lots of reminding...I need to mail a bill before its late!

How did you remind yourself ? I am a list maker...everything goes on the list!

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!" ? Hmmm don't know...but I am hoping to say it about these stupid headaches going away.

Today in History:
1851 - "The New York Times" began publishing
1848 - Baseball rules 1st baseman can tag base for out instead of runner
1891 - Harriet Maxwell Converse is 1st white woman to become an Indian chief
1965 - "Get Smart" premieres
1990 - 500 pound Hershey Kiss is displayed in Times Square Yummmm

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Cheeseburger Day Hold the cheese please
National Respect Day
Chiropractors Day
National Farm Safety Day
Have a great evening everyone!

Old 09-18-2009, 03:06 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,697,046 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you usually take a drink with you when you head out in your vehicle ? Sometimes, but not too often.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ? Just about everything to

How did you remind yourself ? Usually things like sticky notes, email reminders, leaving messages on my phone voicemail, etc.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!" ? When the computer finally started to work right again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics