Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 04:19 AM

16,893 posts, read 16,019,561 times

Advertisements

...hi. *big smile*

~ Describe the perfect mashed potatoes:

~ List several sea foods that might be at the top of your yum list:

~ If you have and use a microwave oven, doesn't the screaming loud beeping bug the crap out of you when it sounds?

~ Do you know at what latitude you live?

~ Which taco chain(s) are located in your area?

~ Have you ever been to a restaurant where people throw their peanut shells on the floor?

~ I wonder if you have ever been in any caverns? If so, do you recall the name/location of them?

~ Any animal that has caused you to lose sleep ever?

~ What, if anything, do you enjoy 'with bacon'?

~ ________ farm

~ ________ town

~ Have you ever found a really neat rock or fossil or piece of wood or anything?
Do you still have it if you took it home?

**** Good wishes for you all...enjoy! **** Oh, and Pam...please don't retire from us! ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 04:40 AM

126,148 posts, read 18,889,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
...hi. *big smile*

..........Good day roosty

..........mashed potato with some fresh grated garlic and a bit of sour creme folded under

....... any salmon dish,smoked,steamed or grilled

~ If you have and use a microwave oven, doesn't the screaming loud beeping bug the crap out of you when it sounds?

.......I never owned a microwave

...No

..........No idea

~ Have you ever been to a restaurant where people throw their peanut shells on the floor?

.........No

~ I wonder if you have ever been in any caverns? If so, do you recall the name/location of them?

........I don't think so

........Not really

......I do not eat bacon.....

~Alpine ________ farm

~ Little________ town

~ Have you ever found a really neat rock or fossil or piece of wood or anything?

........Yes a few of them

...... Yes

**** Good wishes for you all...enjoy! **** Oh, and Pam...please don't retire from us! ****

THANK YOU roosty

Old 02-22-2019, 04:49 AM

5,878 posts, read 3,754,497 times
...hi. *big smile*
Hi Roosty!

Red skin or new potatoes, lots of real butter, some mayonnaise and salt

Shrimp is #1, Lobster, scallops, fried fish only other wise I don't like it, I can take or leave clams and oysters.

Yes it does sometimes. Mine beeps 5 times and that's what really annoys me because I can't get it to stop until it's done beeping.

Not without looking it up

Taco Bell is the only one I think that is a chain

Yes we have one, it's called Texas Roadhouse

Yes I have but it was a very long time ago. Linville Caverns in NC

Yes my last dog, she slept on the bed with me and she was all over the place, flopping around all night long. Kinda like me

eggs, on a burger, in a salad

~ _Horse_______ farm

~ __Down______ town

Yes and I've bought neat rocks and fossils before too
Do you still have it if you took it home? No

[color=Indigo]**** Good wishes for you all...enjoy! **** Oh, and Pam...please don't retire from us! ****

Thanks Roosty!

Last edited by Northsouth; 02-22-2019 at 05:00 AM..

Old 02-22-2019, 05:26 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,865,828 times
...hi. *big smile*

~ Describe the perfect mashed potatoes: Mash potatoes with a head of roasted garlic, warm milk or half & half, salt and pepper..... My daughter also sometimes throws in some cheddar cheese. Delicious with or without the cheese.

~ List several sea foods that might be at the top of your yum list: Salmon is at the top, then lobster. Haddock, shrimp, steamed clams..... I love sea food.

~ If you have and use a microwave oven, doesn't the screaming loud beeping bug the crap out of you when it sounds? Not really. I am easily distracted, so if it didn't beep then I might forget there's something in the mic.

~ Do you know at what latitude you live? I would need to look it up.

~ Which taco chain(s) are located in your area? Taco Bell, within an hour's drive. Nothing closer.

~ Have you ever been to a restaurant where people throw their peanut shells on the floor? No. People do that?

~ I wonder if you have ever been in any caverns? If so, do you recall the name/location of them? I remember going to Lost River Gorge in NH and climbing through caves as a kid. Not sure that these caves were a cavern though.

~ Any animal that has caused you to lose sleep ever? There were bats in our farmhouse that would sometimes come down from the attic. I remember not being able to sleep, worrying about them.
I've also lost sleep when a pet has been sick, or after losing a pet.

~ What, if anything, do you enjoy 'with bacon'? I don't really care for bacon. (Gasp!)

~ Bet the farm

~ Beantown (Boston)

~ Have you ever found a really neat rock or fossil or piece of wood or anything? Many times
Do you still have it if you took it home? I have many, not just one.

Thanks, roosty! Glad to see you're smiling!

Old 02-22-2019, 05:36 AM

13,498 posts, read 18,104,365 times
[quote=rainroosty;54502687]...hi. *big smile*

~ Describe the perfect mashed potatoes: White, warm and no lumps.

~ List several sea foods that might be at the top of your yum list: Shrimp, shrimp, shrimp

~ If you have and use a microwave oven, doesn't the screaming loud beeping bug the crap out of you when it sounds? N/A

~ Do you know at what latitude you live? Lots of

~ Which taco chain(s) are located in your area? zip

~ Have you ever been to a restaurant where people throw their peanut shells on the floor? No, only bars

~ I wonder if you have ever been in any caverns? If so, do you recall the name/location of them? No

~ Any animal that has caused you to lose sleep ever? neighbors' barking dogs, and a cat of mine who spent our time together trying to assert primacy in the bed.

~ What, if anything, do you enjoy 'with bacon'? mayo

~ Animal_ farm

~ _China____ town

~ Have you ever found a really neat rock or fossil or piece of wood or anything? Yes, but it is very plain, just oval and smooth.
Do you still have it if you took it home? Yes, it is a doorstop for the screen door on the bedroom terrace.

I threw some people off with my QOTD answer yesterday about unpleasant foods when I wrote "lulas." Sorry, that was a slip into the local language; it means "squids."

Old 02-22-2019, 06:19 AM

273 posts, read 101,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
...hi. *big smile*

~ Describe the perfect mashed potatoes: Cleaned, peeled and boiled Yukon Golds, mashed to creamy perfection, with 1/2 and 1/2, butter, salt and pepper.

~ List several sea foods that might be at the top of your yum list: In order of preference; Lobsta, scallops, shrimp, grouper, swordfish, mussels, clams, oysters. OM gosh, at 8:00 in the morning my mouth so craving any of the above now.

~ If you have and use a microwave oven, doesn't the screaming loud beeping bug the crap out of you when it sounds? It used to, but I found ours had a volume control from 0 -mute, to 3 - loud. "0" is my friend!

~ Do you know at what latitude you live? I looked it up; 25.95°N

~ Which taco chain(s) are located in your area? No chains anywhere near, but tons of Mexican joints.

~ Have you ever been to a restaurant where people throw their peanut shells on the floor? Yes. And love them. Not national chains, but local watering holes.

~ I wonder if you have ever been in any caverns? If so, do you recall the name/location of them? One was Sterling. The other was Crystal Cave. Either or both were in NJ or Pennsylvania. I think I either went with the Girl Scouts, or school. ???

~ Any animal that has caused you to lose sleep ever? All of them at one time or another. My dogs, lilac crowned amazon parrot, bunnies.....

~ What, if anything, do you enjoy 'with bacon'? Uh, EVERYTHING!!!
I guess the best would be over easy eggs and fried potatoes. Or a cheeseburger. Then again, maybe a BLT on seeded rye with lots of mayo.

~ _Funny___ farm

~ Border___ town

Do you still have it if you took it home? Yes and yes.

I second that. Big, BIG day!

Happy Friday, All.
Thanks, Roosty.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:20 AM

37,748 posts, read 40,820,430 times

Sour cream and chives or sour cream and onion mashed potatoes with butter. Bob Evans doesn't make a bad one for store bought.

~ List several sea foods that might be at the top of your yum list: Don't eat anything that comes out of the water.

~ If you have and use a microwave oven, doesn't the screaming loud beeping bug the crap out of you when it sounds? No. because I'm usually not in the same room when it goes off.

~ Do you know at what latitude you live? No. Had to look it up: 36.010357

~ Which taco chain(s) are located in your area? taco bell. I don't know which other Mexican places in my town are chain restaurants.

~ Have you ever been to a restaurant where people throw their peanut shells on the floor? Yeah, once.

~ I wonder if you have ever been in any caverns? If so, do you recall the name/location of them? Luray Caverns and Skyline Caverns in Virginia and I think it was called Polar Caves in New Hampshire.

~ Any animal that has caused you to lose sleep ever? no

~ What, if anything, do you enjoy 'with bacon'? bread, lettuce and mayo sandwich (no tomato), pancakes, fried eggs over with buttered toast, cheeseburgers with onion rings.

How are you going to keep them down on the farm

Little Big Town. (favorite group)

~ Have you ever found a really neat rock or fossil or piece of wood or anything? not that I recall.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:30 AM

7,321 posts, read 5,443,928 times
.hi. *big smile*

~ Describe the perfect mashed potatoes: creamy, no lumps.

~ List several sea foods that might be at the top of your yum list: salmon, scallops, shrimp, lobster.

~ If you have and use a microwave oven, doesn't the screaming loud beeping bug the crap out of you when it sounds? Sometimes.

~ Do you know at what latitude you live? No

~ Which taco chain(s) are located in your area? Taco Bell.

~ Have you ever been to a restaurant where people throw their peanut shells on the floor?yes

~ I wonder if you have ever been in any caverns? If so, do you recall the name/location of them? I have. Our Illinois State Park, Starved Rock.

~ Any animal that has caused you to lose sleep ever? Barking dog. Annoying cat.

~ What, if anything, do you enjoy 'with bacon'? Eggs, hamburgers.

~ chicken___ farm

~ small __ town

~ Have you ever found a really neat rock or fossil or piece of wood or anything? Yes. Rock.
Do you still have it if you took it home? I don’t think so.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:49 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,165 posts, read 80,294,308 times
~ Describe the perfect mashed potatoes: Fluffy, smooth and buttery!

~ List several sea foods that might be at the top of your yum list: Abalone, Haddock, Cod, Pollock, Salt Cod, Salmon, Sand Dabs, Sole.

~ If you have and use a microwave oven, doesn't the screaming loud beeping bug the crap out of you when it sounds? No, in fact or latest one is not loud, sometime hard to hear over the TV.

~ Do you know at what latitude you live? No, but I looked it up: 47.618198

~ Which taco chain(s) are located in your area? Taco Time (The Taco Bell closed up)

~ Have you ever been to a restaurant where people throw their peanut shells on the floor? Yes, Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse in Renton, WA. Sometimes people do that at 5 Guys but are not supposed to!

~ I wonder if you have ever been in any caverns? If so, do you recall the name/location of them? Yes, in either Idaho and Utah, several ice caves and the Craters of the Moon National Monument.

~ Any animal that has caused you to lose sleep ever? More the vet bill than the animal, our dog once required surgery, vet charged $4,000.

~ What, if anything, do you enjoy 'with bacon'? Eggs, burgers, salads, fried rice, maple bars. . . just about anything!

~ ___Wind____ farm

~ ____Up____ town

Do you still have it if you took it home? Yes, many and do still have them.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:02 AM

11,020 posts, read 17,410,070 times
~ Describe the perfect mashed potatoes: They can't be instant

~ List several sea foods that might be at the top of your yum list: Shrimp, fried clams, shrimp, crab legs, shrimp

~ If you have and use a microwave oven, doesn't the screaming loud beeping bug the crap out of you when it sounds? Nope

~ Do you know at what latitude you live? Nope. Doing good at times to remember what street I live on. lol

~ Which taco chain(s) are located in your area? Taco Bell, Taco John's and a couple locals

~ Have you ever been to a restaurant where people throw their peanut shells on the floor? Yup

~ I wonder if you have ever been in any caverns? If so, do you recall the name/location of them? Mammoth Caves (ate in the cafeteria almost 300 ft. underground) and one in the Smoky Mountains

~ Any animal that has caused you to lose sleep ever? My ex wife's siamese cat. When we were married he slept on top of the covers but between my legs. I rolled over a few times and wrapped him up in the blanket

~ What, if anything, do you enjoy 'with bacon'? Anything! Nothing beats just a good bacon sandwich for supper

~ Animal farm, by George Orwell. Had to read it in 8th grade

~ Around town

~ Have you ever found a really neat rock or fossil or piece of wood or anything? Yup
Do you still have it if you took it home? Nope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics