Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 06:06 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Supervise, LOL, mine jumps in the lid and waits awhile and then jumps in while I'm still cleaning and doesn't even wait for me to put the hood on, he doesn't care about privacy
OMG, the indignity of it all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 06:36 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
I had a cat, could not stand the litter box, threw the box outside the screen door and cat started going outside to do 'her business'.

She was a great cat, lasted 19 years. Miss her, but will not get another cat because of litter box issues....those things caused my allergies to go NUTS....
Oh boy......I have had this problem for a year when we adopted a kitten a year ago.

Should not have gotten a 3 kitty. Too late now.
She will not poop in the box. Thank God she pees in the box but poops on a little throw rug I have.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:40 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,109 times
I hate litter boxes! I have ended up training every cat I have ever had to go outside after the first few months. I had one kitty that would get in the litter box, but his butt would hang over the edge, so the poop never made it in the box!

I bought a cat from the Humane Society once, and went home and got him all set up with food and litter box, only to find as I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, that he had beat me to the toilet!! I walked in the bathroom, and there he was on the toilet doing his business! I guess no one told the Humane Society about that. He never did learn how to flush though!!

Old 10-05-2009, 12:16 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
LOL...just got reps for my link...Cat owners...there are so many various litterboxes you can use. If anyone has any issues with their cats and litterbox habits, feel free to DM me, I'll be happy to help out! There is always a reason for your cat not using the box...UTI's, litter type, covered, uncoverd, etc..

Old 10-05-2009, 12:54 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh1127 View Post

I bought a cat from the Humane Society once, and went home and got him all set up with food and litter box, only to find as I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, that he had beat me to the toilet!! I walked in the bathroom, and there he was on the toilet doing his business! I guess no one told the Humane Society about that. He never did learn how to flush though!!
LOL.. Hi DSH, what more can you ask for? A cat that does his business in the toilet instead of a litter box, that you have to clean so often. I just hope he doesn't try to bury his business, like cats usually do.... I've seen some cats in the past go in places where they weren't supposed to go, like on the carpet, and they try to bury it! since it's in their instinct to bury their body waste.

If you manage to teach him how to flush the toilet, you might work on training him to clean the bathroom too!

Old 10-05-2009, 03:48 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
I just can't stand the smell of a cat litter box. Just the thought that there might be 'something' in it would nauseate me. When my daughter was young we have an inside cat, but she scratched on the back door like a dog when she wanted to go out. It was such a great thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics