Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 06:17 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

What was the last nice thing you did for yourself ?
Haven't done that lately...too busy doing for others

Bonus Question:

What was your first car ?
A female version of the batmobile. It was a 1962 Mercury Monterrey and it was pink!

Extra Credit Question:

Do you remember how much rent you paid for your first place ?
Hmmm...not really. I'm guessing around $200

Just for Fun:

What was your very fist job ?
My first real job was at a tiny little department store in my tiny little hometown

Are you still in the same field of work ?
It's weird but the sales thing came full circle with my own retail business until I became disabled

Word of the Day:
esurient \ih-SUR-ee-uhnt; -ZUR-\ , adjective:
1. Hungry; greedy.
This word pretty much describes the entire world these days

Today is:
National Apple Betty Day..........I think I'll actually make this today...I love it! Perfect for a rainy day
Pablo Picasso Day....................what a weirdo
National Story Telling Day.........I wish I were better at this
Do Something Nice Day.............every day
Improve Your Office Day............I wish I had one to improve!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 06:22 AM

4,498 posts, read 6,316,380 times
Today's Question(s):

I took the weekend off from study, yay!

Bonus Question:

I know this sounds odd but it's true. My first car was a red MGB convertible that was made the year I was born ,1969 (it was my favourite kind of car) and it was bought for me by my then fiance to be my car when we got married, I didn't marry him and I gave the car back to him.

Extra Credit Question:

My best friend and I shared a bedsit in Canberra that cost us about $70 a week, I think. Our beds were our only furniture , I couldn't live like that now, it's amazing what you will do as a teenager.

Just for Fun:

Behind the counter in "Dunkin Doughnuts" LOL, I lasted two weeks but I got lots of free doughnuts

NO!!!

1969 - Monty Python's Flying Circus begins airing on BBC my daughter loves Monty Python and so do I, she is a bigger fan than I am though.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:24 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
For some reason the "kids" have not started insisting on breakfast so I can use this "quiet time" to answer

Today's Question(s):

Spent yesterday afternoon sitting out in the screenroom reading a book while listening to the football game on the radio, great game boy I wish we had gone.

I think I am going to get my toes done this week

Bonus Question:

1971 Buick Skylark I got when I graduated in 1975

Extra Credit Question:

My first place was in Allentown Pa where I moved for a job the rent was $175 a month in 1979

Just for Fun:

Babysitting 50 cents an hour lol

My fist "real job" was calling people to schedule apts for a company.

Well now that I am retired I make a lot of calls for my fundraising so in a sense sorta

Old 10-05-2009, 06:31 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times

Wow. I don't know. It's been a while. I spent the summer of 2005 cleaning, disgarding, repairing, prepping, painting and legalizing (needed permits for things that had been built before 1981!) my mother's home for sale and sold it in October 2005, and then took two days to rest and relax in a hotel after a summer of pure hell. I think that might be the last thing. I guess I'm due?

1974 Dodge Dart with an old slant-6 engine that's probably still running somewhere! What a great car that was!

My first apartment was three rooms in a Bronx apartment in a nice neighborhood for $155 a month.

What was your very first job? Are you still in the same field of work ?

I started as a clerk in a hospital pediatric unit. I retired from that same field of work in 2003 as a financial administrator.

Pablo Picasso Day

For those who were planning to chop off their ears to celebrate Pablo Picasso day, please be advised that was Vincent Van Gogh. Have a great day everyone!!

Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last nice thing you did for yourself ? Quit smoking 1 1/2 years ago.....and bought me tickets to Fiddler on the Roof!
Bonus Question:

What was your first car ? 1972 Nova...what a cool car!!!

Extra Credit Question:

Do you remember how much rent you paid for your first place ? $200.00 a month..furnished and utilities included!
Just for Fun:

What was your very fist job ? Tastee Freeze...Beardstown, Ill

Are you still in the same field of work ? Sometimes it feels like it but no.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
What was the last nice thing you did for yourself ?I don't have a problem with this and usually do something nice for me daily.

Bonus Question:

What was your first car ? chevy covair 1965

Extra Credit Question:

Do you remember how much rent you paid for your first place ? yes.......$130 a month

Just for Fun:

What was your very fist job ? production clerk at Fischer and Porter

Are you still in the same field of work ? no! Ended up a tax examiner.

4,045 posts, read 1,870,991 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last nice thing you did for yourself ? Went kayaking on the lake our family had a camp on many years ago

Bonus Question:

What was your first car ? A '60s something blue chevy nova convertible

Extra Credit Question:

Do you remember how much rent you paid for your first place ? I don't remember. We only rented for a couple years before buying a house. The first house was 21,750 in 1977.

Just for Fun:

What was your very fist job ? Waitress at Howard Johnson's

Are you still in the same field of work ? No, I did that to make money in college. I've been a teacher for 35 years.

What a nice surprise to see a shining star next to my name this morning! I don't have much time on the computer, so Karla's QOD is usually all I look at. I love everyone's stories and appreciate the support/community. So, sharing this star with you all!

Old 10-05-2009, 06:48 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Good morning!

Today's Question(s):

What was the last nice thing you did for yourself ? I never really do nice things for myself...

Bonus Question:

What was your first car ? A Citroen AX It was my brother's but after a couple of years he bought a bigger car and sold the AX to me

Extra Credit Question:

Do you remember how much rent you paid for your first place ? Nope.

Just for Fun:

What was your very fist job ? I helped kids with their homework

Are you still in the same field of work ? Sort of, since I am a qualified teacher!

Today in History:
1969 - Monty Python's Flying Circus begins airing on BBC They were so funny!

Today is:
National Apple Betty Day What is Apple Betty? Is that some sort of cake or pie?
Pablo Picasso Day Oh I love him!
National Story Telling Day I could do that, but have noone to tell stories to
Do Something Nice Day This I can do!!
Improve Your Office Day Does it work for home offices too?

Have a great day!

Old 10-05-2009, 06:54 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
What was the last nice thing you did for yourself ? I bought a pair of leg warmers to be worn with a mini skirt. Very hot

Bonus Question:

What was your first car ? A 7 year old Volvo 460 of my parents.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you remember how much rent you paid for your first place? No, I never paid rent. I lived at my parents' place and then enlarged their house. Now I'm repaying a loan to the bank (about $ 600 each month).

Just for Fun:

What was your very fist job ? paper girl in my last high school year

Are you still in the same field of work ? No lol, now I'm an office girl working in purchasing dept.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:26 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Today's Question(s):

Tell myself that it was "good enough" and that I didnt have to worry anymore about it. (This time it was about a dry floral arrangement for church. )

Bonus Question:

What was your first car ? "The Maroon Maurader" A vintage 1948 or so Plymouth that looked all the world like Al Capone's gang could have ridden in it.
Extra Credit Question:

$100 a month; heat included. I shared that with another person.....when I moved on by myself.....I got a cold water flat for $45 a month.....nothing included.
Just for Fun:

What was your very fist job ? Library page.

Are you still in the same field of work ? No.

Today in History:
1947 - 1st Presidential address televised from White House-HS Truman I saw President Truman on a whistle stop in Cincinnati, at a very low point in his popularity. It was also a very Republican town....so not too many folks at the Union Station.

Last edited by elston; 10-05-2009 at 07:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics