Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:53 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times

Advertisements

I'm just not that interested. I very rarely look at another person's profile unless they've messaged me or made contact in some other way.

I don't fill out my own profile simply because there's nothing that anyone here needs to know about me. And I do not give out pics until I am at a certain comfort level with someone. Putting a picture up - especially as a female - is just asking for trouble - or attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 07:57 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
I only look up posters I suspect are trolls or troublemakers. Usually glancing at their posts on other forums confirms them to be what I suspect right away.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
As far as looking up someone's posting history, I seek out those posters who seem to live a more balanced lifestyle. If I see that someone's been posting all day long, day after day, I ask myself: Doesn't this person have any other life than this? What kind of advice can this person give if he or she is glued to the screen all day?
And here I thought you loved me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Yes I check out profiles all the time, peeves me when it is set to private.I'm checking you all out
And how's THAT working for ya, sweets? There are some profiles even more meaningful than mine! Hey, at least I share my gender! In addition to my beautiful picture that is...

I do check profile occasionally if the person interests me for some reason. If the person REALLY interests me, then I look at his/her posting history.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:17 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,339,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I'm just not that interested. I very rarely look at another person's profile unless they've messaged me or made contact in some other way.

I don't fill out my own profile simply because there's nothing that anyone here needs to know about me. And I do not give out pics until I am at a certain comfort level with someone. Putting a picture up - especially as a female - is just asking for trouble - or attention.
Pretty much my attitude as well. I hardly ever look at peoples' profiles. I will check to see what else someone has posted, if I'm not already familiar with them, but that's about it.

I've had a picture in my profile off and on, but won't leave one there permanently 'cause I just don't know who might be looking

Old 10-07-2009, 08:43 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I used to check profiles for one of two reasons (or maybe both for the same person:

1. What they wrote was intelligent / moving / funny
2. They sounded hot

Now I'm emphasizing the new #3 category:

3. Checking out newbies

See, I've been thinking of making a rule for myself - don't respond to anyone under 100 posts. Too many times, here and on other boards, the newbies are terrorists in cheap clothing, and I'll waste my time answering them.

This way, I figure if they survive to be 100 posts old, they've earned at least a little of my trust.

It's also a turn-off for me when people can't be bothered to put at least a little information in their profiles - makes me think they don't plan on staying long.
In my case, when I first signed on, I think I answered every question in the profile. But since I sometimes come here to vent about people I know , like frustrating family members, I decided I'd better lay low.

I don't check past posts, but I'll sometimes check out profiles. I seem to keep going back to the same ones over and over, though.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 10-07-2009 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: Added

Old 10-07-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Exactly, many profiles just contain a zip code

So much for socialization
Mine doesn't even contain that. Yet you just keep going back...

Old 10-07-2009, 09:05 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And here I thought you loved me!

And how's THAT working for ya, sweets? There are some profiles even more meaningful than mine! Hey, at least I share my gender! In addition to my beautiful picture that is...

I do check profile occasionally if the person interests me for some reason. If the person REALLY interests me, then I look at his/her posting history.

Well I do it out of interest. Yes female posters will get more of a chance that I will checkout their profile but I do it alot to many.

Do you women really get harrassed by men when you post your pics? I mean I just don't do that other than making a open comment, don't know why others would.The way I see it if they like me they'll contact me, there have been a couple times I sent a friendly message to people but stalking? Anything I have to say I pretty much post it out in the open.

I am not here to chase women, I'm here to conversate and let my thoughts out.If I think you are hot I'll say it out loud. Shame if women get harrassed by posting a photo I mean it is just a friggin photo .

As far as filling in the blanks sometimes a person's user name is a little sketchy so it would be nice to fill in whether you are female or male or something in between at least.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Do you women really get harrassed by men when you post your pics?
Women get weird attention even without pictures.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:09 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I remember a time when one of our former posters here would rail on and on and on and on about not liking women with children.

I looked up some of his past posts and he would drone on rather zombie like in his admonition of how he didn't like women with kids.

Some of the old timers might remember him.

He was a big "Fan of LA"

Old 10-07-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Women get weird attention even without pictures.
Yes, I've gotten very nasty messages from members here telling me what they would like to do to me. I just ignore it and move on. I get naughty rep a lot, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics