Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:33 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
While I'm in a position now that I have sick time, I went many years without.

I also suffer from severe allergies. My 1st thought would be that she did also.

I couldn't afford to take time off every time my nose ran. I was never a threat to anyone else because allergies aren't contagious. I wanted nothing more than to be home sleeping.

If I was overly concerned about it I would have 1) spoken to the manager, 2) Ask the poor cashier if she had a cold or allergies (in a non confrontational way) or 3) make sure I wiped everything down with sanitary wipes as soon as I had a chance.

I wouldn't have gone home, let myself get worked up about it, post a rant on the internet then be snarky with anyone who didn't agree with you.

But that's just me.
#1-I asked the clerk to use my hand sani before checking out, but again, hand sani will not kill everything (ask your doc).
#2- I did speak to a manager because of how snotty the salesclerk got with me about it. And BTW, I WAS EXTREMELY NICE ABOUT IT!
#3- "Rant"? LOL. To you, maybe so. Maybe just an observation and opinion to a normal person

And as far as allergies are concerned (which I suffer from, and everyone else in my family) she could have simply told me that when I asked her to use the hand sanitizer. She did not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 08:11 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times
YOU clearly should have stayed home.

#1. I am curious to see if you used a shopping cart and if you scrubbed it down first because those little buggers stick there too.

#2....When you are sick do you lock yourself up in your house and think that you should not expose your germs to ANYONE???? I doubt that.

#3. Why didn't you go to a different cashier?

#4. If it bothered you so much why didn't you just leave the store.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:20 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
Unfortunately some of us dont get the luxury of paid days off and/or sick days and/or medical coverage, or the affordability to stay home a day or two unpaid. Being part timers you dont (or at least we dont) get that privilege. Personally I would rather stay home and stay in bed, its supposed to be hot again today but here I am, Im cold, wearing a light jacket. But for now, all I have is my hand sanitizer, meds and drinking lemon lift tea like crazy.
Ive never called in, maybe once in the past 15 years, so its weird for me.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:29 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db View Post
Unfortunately some of us dont get the luxury of paid days off and/or sick days and/or medical coverage, or the affordability to stay home a day or two unpaid. Being part timers you dont (or at least we dont) get that privilege. Personally I would rather stay home and stay in bed, its supposed to be hot again today but here I am, Im cold, wearing a light jacket. But for now, all I have is my hand sanitizer, meds and drinking lemon lift tea like crazy.
Ive never called in, maybe once in the past 15 years, so its weird for me.
Very true! Not many companies or businesses have jobs that will allow employees the benefits that are well,,,,,, deserved. Paid time away is only good for corporate leaders going to court and trying to stay out of jail I guess.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:52 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
YOU clearly should have stayed home.

#1. I am curious to see if you used a shopping cart and if you scrubbed it down first because those little buggers stick there too.

#2....When you are sick do you lock yourself up in your house and think that you should not expose your germs to ANYONE???? I doubt that.

#3. Why didn't you go to a different cashier?

#4. If it bothered you so much why didn't you just leave the store.
Yes, used the wipes provided at the front entrance
Yes! Too many med people in the family who have shared some info. as to why that is the best personal policy. Better to keep the multitudes safe, and lose a few bucks.
#4-Many, many reasons I don't feel like explaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics