Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 11:51 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times

Advertisements

When five adults are standing in the toilet paper isle at Wally World debating on what pack of toilet paper to buy. Armed with Black Berries & Calculators down to the sheet length is it the 12 pack double roll or the 24 pack single roll... is it's 2ply or 4ply with quilting... as the debate carries on... over on the potatoes chip isle another debate is going on...with ruffles or non-ruffles which is the better buy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 12:11 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,180,670 times
Smart shoppers save lots of money.

There are plenty of ways to spend lots of money without knowing you could have very easily saved 10 - 20 - or even 50 bucks had you been a wise shopper.

Makes sense to me..

Old 10-21-2009, 01:25 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
Toilet paper is one item that I belive is worth splurging on. Having worked in a grocery store many years ago I could tell that there is a great deal of difference in value between the brands & types of toilet paper. The ones that were a good value like Scotissue came in a heavy box. Meanwhile, you could carry a case of Charmin with two fingers if the cardboard didn't cut you too much.

Personally, I really don't like rubbing that John Wayne sandpaper over the dark side of my moon so it is only Charmin for my house. RIP, Mr. Whipple.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:45 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
I don't need a calculator. Wise people stock up on sales of their preferred brands. What was the most serious line tie up was when two ladies had the same meal and they were rang up together. Each handed the clerk a ten dollar bill. With tax the change came to and odd cent. The ladies tied up the check out line trying to figure out how to split the penny. This is a true story. We were first inline behind them.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:48 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
My husband just cringes when I only buy the 12 roll because the price per foot is so much cheaper for the big one-you know, the one that you can throw a sheet & blanket on and use for overnight guests.

I will not be sitting around in my golden years lamenting not buying the SUPER econo-sized toilet paper packages. (no way I'll remember that!)

Old 10-21-2009, 04:49 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
Mmmmm, did someone mention potato chips?

Old 10-21-2009, 05:23 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
When five adults are standing in the toilet paper isle at Wally World debating on what pack of toilet paper to buy. Armed with Black Berries & Calculators down to the sheet length is it the 12 pack double roll or the 24 pack single roll... is it's 2ply or 4ply with quilting... as the debate carries on... over on the potatoes chip isle another debate is going on...with ruffles or non-ruffles which is the better buy...
Arguing over which potato chip is a better value is silly. It is not like you get anything extra out of ruffled. That's like arguing over which is a better value: chunky or creamy peanut butter.

Sheet length, quilting, 2 ply/4 ply, quality are all quantifiable properties that have actual value. Ruffles on a chip don't.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:47 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Talking Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
I will debate with most anyone in the chip isle that you never never want to squeeze the Ruffles. Seems that every bag I get all of the chips are smashed. As for the paper isle ,,, you never get enough on a roll no matter if it’s 2 ply or 4 ply when nature calls. Price is not the issue there. When in doubt as to what to buy ,,,, go for the Job Squad or the Quicker Picker Upper. Depend on it ~ I know what I’m saying. lol

Old 10-21-2009, 05:48 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,390,639 times
I'm still on my first roll of tp since August when I moved into my new apartment. I've been hooked on flushable wipes for years. I just can't survive without them now. I even carry a small pack in my car.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:59 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,272 times
And considering the direction that healthcare in this country is headed, one is better off investing in a high-quality bath tissue than risk rectal disorders!

Based on the relevance and accuracy of their content, these periodicals also serve as excellent sources of TP:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/San_Francisco_Chronicle_logo.png/225px-San_Francisco_Chronicle_logo.png (broken link)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/39/Chicago_Tribune_logo.png/225px-Chicago_Tribune_logo.png (broken link)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f3/Pd20041127.jpg/241px-Pd20041127.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics