Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 12:26 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
ok with Halloween 1 week away I gotta ask

Who still has to get candy & stuff ?
I do, but not very much. Most of the kids are gone.

Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party ?
Nope.

ok Fess up who dresses their pets in a costume ?
No way would I try to dress up our black furball. But his name is Spook because he spooks easily. Does that count.

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ?
Oh boy, the wife just left for a 5 day cruise to MX. I'm plotting what I can get into. Just gotta make sure the sheets are clean when she gets back.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that " made a difference" ?
Donating a bunch of stuff to Peppermint Ridge for a fund raiser.

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ?
Easy, i got up this AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 12:32 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,463 times
Today's Question(s):
ok with Halloween 1 week away I gotta ask.

Who still has to get candy & stuff ? Me.....I haven't bought any yet!

Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party ? Both...children parties though! Going to one tonight with my daughter and then giving one next Friday night.

ok Fess up who dresses their pets in a costume ? Not I! Dog is way too big. If I had a toy poodle I would!

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Halloween party with daughter tonight and looks like I will be cleaning empty apartments tomorrow.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that " made a difference" ? Not sure if anything "I ever" do makes a difference.

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ? Having tenants living rent free for several months!

Old 10-24-2009, 12:35 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday

Today's Question(s): [/u]

Who still has to get candy & stuff ? not me, have had mine a few days, and actually just finished opening bags and sorting the candy into bowls....you know....huge bowls for the kiddies, smaller bowls with selected morsels for us spread around in candy dishes...yeah I know, but hey its one time a year....

Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party ? not me

ok Fess up who dresses their pets in a costume ? no, it would cost as much as dressing a person for my muts.

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? going to a wedding this afternoon, hope to get some painting in before I go....and trying to motivate my dh and ds to go out and move all the pile of pipe so they can get started on my chicken pen. tomorrow going to a birthday party for my oldest ds's fiancie's son who will be turning 3. OF course, I will have to DVR my ballgames..

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that " made a difference" ? hmmm, on a small scale, grounded young son till grades improved....grades improving but attitude is getting worse.. on a career scale, we are annexing to our town, and finished the renovations of our town hall, and on the water front, we have managed to pay off all old loans and only have the current one we acquired a few years ago to build a new well and elevated water tank...on a personal note....took charge of myself and am much happier.

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ? getting all reports finished, audits finished and preparing for this weeks annual meeting....I am so busy during this time I just want to pull my hair out!

[/b]
Today in History:
1836 - A. Phillips patents the match
1901 - 1st woman to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel (Anna Taylor) She was the first to live to tell about it. Interestingly, they saw she couldn’t swim.
1908 - Billy Murray hits the charts with "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"
1939 - Women’s nylon hosiery went on sale for the first time -- at Wilmington Dry Goods in Wilmington, DE. Why Wilmington? The Dupont Company, the inventor of nylon, is based there. [BI am so very glad hose is so not in style anymore...I hated them, still do.[/b]

Word of the Day:

confabulation \kon-FAB-yuh-lay-shuhn\ , noun:
1. Familiar talk; easy, unrestrained, unceremonious conversation.
2. A plausible but imagined memory that fills in gaps in what is remembered

Today is:
National Bologna Day - My bologna has a first name .....anyone remember Coal Miner's Daughter and Loretta Lynn getting in trouble with bologna????????
Good and Plenty Day - once upon a time there was an engineer .......
National Crazy Day
Matches Day
Make a Difference Day
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend....we are currently basking in glorious sunshine....been a while so I must go out and enjoy it...

Old 10-24-2009, 12:45 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times

Today's Question(s):

Who still has to get candy & stuff? Not me. I'm locking the front gate and shutting off the lights.

Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party? Nope

ok Fess up who dresses their pets in a costume? I'd wear a pink tutu and prance about like a big hairy ballerina before I'd subject my dog to a costume.

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend? 3 things, nuthin, nuthin and nuthin.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that " made a difference"? I don't toot my own horn, so I'll keep it to myself.

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy:? Can't recall at the moment, but I'm sure it had something to do with the California State Legislature

Old 10-24-2009, 12:55 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Today's Question(s):

Who still has to get candy & stuff?

We got our carving pumpkins at the Farmers' Market this morning, and we'll pick up candy later this week, probably Thursday or Friday. A lot of stores start marking it down at the last minute, so we try to wait as long as possible.

Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party?

Nope, we're not much into partying.

ok Fess up who dresses their pets in a costume?

Oh, right.... Have you ever tried to put a cat into clothing??? Finn and his 20 needle-sharp claws, to say nothing of his teeth, would make short work of any costume, to say nothing of the person who was sufficiently misguided to try to put it on him. Not having any desire for multiple lacerations and contusions, I don't attempt such antics.

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend?

Well, we started the morning with breakfast at our favorite local spot, joined by our daughter. Said daughter (who is the family Tech Goddess) then walked me through ordering a new laptop, which should arrive in the next week or so. The spouse and I went to the Farmers' Market, where we picked up carving pumpkins, another pie pumpkin (currently roasting gently in the oven), a stalk of Brussels sprouts, eggplant, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, green onions, cranberries and pork chops. We have reservations at our favorite sushi restaurant downtown for supper tonight, and that will be followed by another fine performance by the Madison Symphony Orchestra. As for tomorrow, if it stays dry, we'll rake up the latest accumulation of leaves in the yard, and I'll get the front garden bed ready for winter. I'm hoping to get some tulip bulbs in the ground, too. And there'll be the usual laundry, grocery shopping, a bit of housecleaning and so on throughout the weekend as well.

Now, aren't you sorry you asked???

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that " made a difference?"

I'd like to think that I do things like that regularly, but I don't really like to talk about them. I'm a true Midwesterner in that regard, I guess; just not comfortable making a big fuss over stuff like that.

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy?"

Well, there are those who would argue that I'm already there and don't need any help, but I will say that the meeting I had with one of the marketing managers yesterday left me feeling twitchier than usual. She's a very likable individual, very good at what she does, but she's not terribly coherent, and trying to tease out the meaning in her rambling discourse is an exercise in frustration. I think I finally figured out what it is that she wants, but I can't be entirely certain until I show her the results and see from her response whether or not I interpreted her request correctly.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:38 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Afternoon Karla & company coming to ya all from a rainy dreary IN.

Who still has to get candy & stuff ?
Not buying any unless afterwards when it goes on sale to have at home.
Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party ?
The kids have plenty of parties & haunted houses & bon fires to go to.
Nope not here

What are your plans for this weekend ?
Taking it as it comes other than church tomorrow

I believe I do something daily for others~~not just my family
Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ?
Which politician or bill would you like me to start with?

Old 10-24-2009, 05:04 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,546,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybee View Post
Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ? A NEW DISH
I hope it wasn't the White Chili recipe!

Old 10-24-2009, 05:36 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times

Who still has to get candy & stuff ? No. We get too many drive-bys. Vans full of kids from other areas piling out to get candy then going to other neighborhoods to do the same. I'll pass.

Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party ? No

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Nada. We're letting Mrs. Tek take a much needed break. We are hoping it will help her get over the cold she's had forever. Traveling every other week has not helped.

Extra Credit Question:

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ? Trying to figure the last thing I did that
" made a difference".

No babble today.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:47 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,312 times
Today's Question(s):

Who still has to get candy & stuff ? we never get trick or treaters here

Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party ? no way

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Emily day today.... not sure about tomorrow yet... if the rain stops... firewood

Old 10-24-2009, 06:01 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
OK. as a addition to my earlier post. the Super Chief and daughter were going on a cruise to MX. They had packed 2 bottles of Cuervo marguerites in plastic bottles. Guess what, security busted them and confiscated their stash.

Now they have to go to security and explain why they did it and be lectured by port security.

I warned them.

Gotta call the dancing girls for a party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics