U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-10-2007, 11:23 AM

1,500 posts, read 4,774,079 times
My husband is a truck driver and he was backing into a tight space when out of the blue a car that couldn't wait went right in behind him and he almost hit it. My husband proceeded to give him the 1 finger wave.......What would you know but it was an off duty officer (shouldn't he have known better) apparently he was playing "barney" but my husband said that the back up officer was really nice but he still got a ticket. Luckily there was no points involved since it was way out of state and he wouldn't of made it to court anyway.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 12:33 PM

322 posts, read 842,000 times
Ahh, road rage...yes I'm guilty of it....one time in particular. Two young kids (teenage boys) in a little red Sunfire cut me off. Now, normally this wouldn't bother me so much since it happens alot, but these two punks had no respect for ANYONE else on the road.

There were pylons all along the road and the passenger was hanging out the window knocking them all over as they passed each one. Since they had just cut me off, I was now the vehicle immediately behind them swerving to miss each one and careful not to hit oncoming traffic. When we passed the construction the other lane opened up. I attempted to pass them and they tried to run me into a parked car. Again, normally I'd have written the plate number down and been done with it, but I had two babies in the vehicle and my friend. When we came to the stop light, there were about 4 other cars with people yelling at them. I got out, walked over to the driver's side of the little red Sunfire and clocked the driver in the head...hard too! He didn't see it coming and his passenger was laughing so hard he opened the door and puked. Everyone else around was giving the thumbs up and thanking me. I got back into my car and we all just started driving once the light turned green. For the next 3 miles, before the Sunfire turned off, he was driving with a bit more respect.

I would not recommend doing this though. I was up in Canada at the time (so no threat of being shot) and I was alot younger so it was a stupid thing to do...but it DID get his attention!

Old 05-11-2007, 07:37 PM

653 posts, read 2,403,778 times
I am also an OTR Truck Driver. Let me make 2 quick points:

1) In this day and age--Confrontations on the road should be AVOIDED, at most any cost. You NEVER know who or what you are dealing with.

2) No matter how angry you are at another driver, you CANNOT control what he did to anger you, how he drives, or what he will do in the future. What YOU-can control is how YOU-YOURSELF, react to the situation!!! That is all that you can have control over--nothing else.

See what I'm trying to say here. All we have control over is ourselves---NO ONE ELSE!! Yes, I deal with unsafe, inconsiderate, self-centered and just overall poor drivers every day. I can't do nada about it--but I can ALWAYS control how I react. That is my comfort and saving grace on the road!!!

Old 05-11-2007, 07:50 PM

1,916 posts, read 5,363,446 times
I am ashamed to say that about 2 months ago I did the road rage thing. Not the smartest...but I was soooo mad.

I was driving through a parking lot, down a main strip, and was going past parked cars to find a spot. As I was passing a parked car, and about to turn into a spot on my left, the parked car on my left started backing up-not even looking at me driving through so I have the right of way...and almost crashes into my son's side. I laid on the horn and abruptly jerked because he wasn't even looking at me...and then I pulled in to park. Well the a-hole starts laying on his horn at me, and flips me the bird! In front of my 6 year old! And, I wasn't the one wrong! I start beeping more as he leaves. So he pulls out, and parks in front of the supermarket I was to go in. My son and I are walking towards the supermarket and this old man gets out of the car and starts screaming at me "you stupid b*tch!" Cursing in front of my baby! Right then I was done.

I made a point to have my son walk with his hands over his ears...and there's an audience now...and I start yelling at him "you old white trash...you were reversing...I had the right of way..."

We were both yelling and couldn't even hear the other.

Yes, I shouldn't have did it back. It just infuriated me that an adult can be so trashy to curse in front of a child...and not even realize their own mistake!

Old 05-11-2007, 08:04 PM

6,351 posts, read 12,517,374 times
Several years ago, I was trucking through PA on I-79 near Pittsburgh. Several miles before the construction zone, there were the required signs: LEFT LANE CLOSED. Everyone merged courteously except this one guy in a 7-Series BMW. I saw him fly up to the front of the line. I was able to block him from getting to the front of the line with my truck. And, since he was right behind me as we enterd the construction, I made it a point to be EXTRA nice to the merging traffic at on-ramps. When we emerged from the construction, he FLEW past me on the left, but not before pulling level with my cab and exhibiting one nasty fit of cussing and finger saluting. The sad thing was his son, sitting in the passenger seat, having to see this immaturity...

GreggB, I drive for the Choo Choo-based carrier with the red trucks that misspells "Express"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics