Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 05:28 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times

Advertisements

Bonus Question:
Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ?
Clean cat nose prints off the windows.

Extra Credit Question:
What is the first "switch" you turn on in the morning ?

Probably the light then the computer comes a close 2nd.

Just for Fun:
What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ?
Not that wild, just a buffalo burger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 05:57 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Today's Question(s):
In honor of Statue of Liberty Day

How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ?

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ? My glasses!

Extra Credit Question:

Coffee maker Gets set the night before. It then turns itself on in the morning.
Computer
Light

Just for Fun:

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ? By the definition of "wild" I would have to say all the things we used to eat directly out of the garden when I was a kid. We had an acre and grew a lot of neat stuff (mom liked to experiment). That and all the green apples from the neighbors orchard....

Today in History:
1636 - The Massachusetts General Court provided 400 pounds to support a school or college, and so, Harvard University was founded in Cambridge, MA.
1886 - Statue of Liberty dedicated by President Grover Cleveland
1904 - Fingerprinting was first used by the St. Louis Police Department.
1922 - 1st coast-to-coast radio broadcast of a football game
1961 - Brian Epstein, a record store owner in London, was asked by a customer for a copy of the record, "My Bonnie", by a group known as The Silver Beatles. He didn’t have it in stock so he went to the Cavern Club to check out the group. He signed to manage them in a matter of days and renamed them The Beatles.
2008 - Rance & Sweden became husband & wife

Word of the Day:

conflate \kuhn-FLAYT\ , transitive verb;
1. To bring together; to fuse together; to join or meld.
2. To combine (as two readings of a text) into one whole.

So Mrs. Tek and I are conflated?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Babble

Busy today. Some business, some shopping, some catching up on things ordered for the cruise.

Found a case for the new camera and we ended up putting the old camera in it and the new camera in the old case. Go figure.

We were looking for an adjustable wrist strap for the new camera. It seems they no longer make the ones that are just a soft nylon cord with a slide on it, which is what we like. While we were looking a nice young man at Best Buy mentioned you could get four of them from Nintendo because the original strap sent with them were just a loop and people were throwing controllers through their TVs! We had decided to see if we could get one from them when he mentioned seeing a broken remote in the back room. He went looking and came back with a strap from it. It's not exactly what we were looking for, but it's a lot closer than the others we find. It's nice to know there are youngsters out there with some speed in their butt...

I did find some on Amazon and I'm going to show them to Mrs. Tek. After we decide which ones we want I'm going to do with them what I did years ago with my favorite wallets; buy a few. When Penney's told me my favorite wallet was going to be discontinued I bought all they had left. I'm set for life, and never have to shop for wallets again. Besides the ones similar to mine have doubled in price so I saved a bunch of money, too!

Mrs. Tek got this in an email today:

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

Amen to that.

Everyone have a great evening!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 06:02 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty? Unfortunately no.

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of? Does dog slobber and nose prints on the patio windows count?

What is the first "switch" you turn on in the morning?
Coffee maker
Computer
Light

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten? Since I'm a vegetarian I don't get too wild... but I did have one helluva a hot Indian curry a while back.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:37 PM

36,411 posts, read 16,020,348 times
Today's Question(s):

Not me
Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ?
The coffee table with kitty paw prints
Extra Credit Question:

Coffee maker
Computer
Light This one

Just for Fun:

Oh Escargot, it was horrible, and Venison and Elk.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:53 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Not that wild, just a buffalo burger.
Okay...now I remember...I did have a Buffalo Burger when I was a kid! And I remember that I didn't like it!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:39 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,223,592 times
I must admit...I made a mistake in one of my answers! It was not moose that I ate, it was bear that was so discusting! Probably moose isn't much better though.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:43 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,726,679 times
Today's Question(s):

How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ? No, I'm afriad I haven't.

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ? My cell phone

Extra Credit Question:

Light

Just for Fun:

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ? Heaven only knows... because I don't!

Old 10-29-2009, 06:02 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
Just for Fun:

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ? just venison or partridge or calamari. Remember I'm as fussy as "Karla with a Yuck"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Karla is gonna get ya for that!
rofl
Actually I have been told, on occasion, when I have adventured and tried something new that I didn't care for that, with out realizing it, I make this "yuck face" to go along with the "thats just nasty" comment. Very bitter stuffed cabbage was one item I remember being on the "yuck face" list

Last week when we had the "Plant parts we eat" veggie class at school I told the kids "you can try anything you want but no "yuck faces" allowed if you don't like what you have tried"
lol a couple kids even said " Ms Karla "so & so" made yuck face and there weren't suppose to I didn't like it but didn't make the "yuck face" "

rofl ya gotta love 3rd graders !!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 06:11 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
"2008 - Rance & Sweden became husband & wife"
ok for all you "newbies"
Rance & his lovely bride Hannah(also known as Sweden) met through City Data
We all were so lucky to watch this wonderful relationship develop even though he was in Alaska and she was in Sweden

My hubby and I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with them when we were in Alaska 2 years ago for a cruise

Last year they both flew to Florida along with Hannahs family (who flew in from Sweden) where I pronounced them husband & wife on the beach along with some of the Jacksonville CD folks

This is why they are the CD's favorite couple !!!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:03 AM

883 posts, read 518,860 times
Hello- I guess I need to answer this questions
before I answer todays questions

Today's Question(s):

Never

Bonus Question:

The glass coffee Table

Extra Credit Question:

Coffee maker
Computer
Light

The light in my night table when I wake up
Just for Fun:

I tried snake Yuck

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics