Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 08:18 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

If given the chance, would you spend the night in a "haunted house"? Been there, done that.

If you were spending the night somewhere and it was mentioned that folks have seen "ghosts" would you be able to fall asleep easily? Yep.

Bonus Question:

Come on, how hard is to be punctual? ?

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of "Haunted fridge night"

Is there anything in your fridge that you might consider "scary" or "unusual"?
Nope.

Today in History:

1952 - Clarence Birdseye sells 1st frozen peas. Yuck, peas.

Today is:
National Candy Corn Day Mmmmm.
Buy a Doughnut Day I just might do that.
International Bandanna Day That's dumb.
Haunted Refrigerator Night But not as dumb as this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 08:20 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,348,960 times
If given the chance, would you spend the night in a "haunted house" ?
Probably not, but I did sleep in a very old inn once that was supposedly haunted.....

If you were spending the night somewhere and it was mentioned that folks have seen "ghosts" would you be able to fall asleep easily !!! ?

I had fallen asleep fine, but that was before we met the family at breakfast that told us all about the place.....
Bonus Question:

Come on,how hard is to ___________change a roll of toilet paper______?

Extra Credit Question:

Is there anything in your fridge that you might consider "scary" or "unusual" ?Yeah some of the leftovers before trash day....

Old 10-30-2009, 08:36 AM

48,125 posts, read 21,999,038 times

Today's Question(s)

I wouldnt go out of my way either to or not to.

If you were spending the night somewhere and it was mentioned that folks have seen "ghosts" would you be able to fall asleep easily !!! ?

Yes, that wouldnt bother me. Its not that I don't believe or that I believe....it just doesnt scare me.

Bonus Question:

Come on,how hard is to replace the roll of T-paper. ?

Extra Credit Question:

Is there anything in your fridge that you might consider "scary" or "unusual" ?

To the uninitiated....the tub of miso (fermented bean paste) the jar of Kim Chee (fermented Napa Cabbage pickle) and the wasabi paste might seem just a tad unusual.....perhaps scarey! Come to think of it the jar of "ume boshi" (salted preserved plums) the sea weed and plum paste and the pickled wild vegetables might seem a bit odd as well.

Today in History:
1900 - 1st-ever U.S. auto show opens in Madison Square Garden in New York City
1938 - Orson Welles panics a nation with broadcast of "War of the Worlds" The show was set up as a music program interrupted by news bulletins saying that Martians had landed near Princeton, New Jersey. Though a disclaimer was broadcast several times throughout the hour long program, most listeners did not pay attention. Even the newspaper program guides printed the warning. Nobody ever found out why thousands of people believed the science-fiction drama.
1945 - U.S. government announces end of shoe rationing
1952 - Clarence Birdseye sells 1st frozen peas (It took my family awhile to get on board...we were still using the canned peas....our fridge had a freezer compartment about the size of a shoebox...other than an ice cube tray....not much room in there ...even for peas.)

Word of the Day:
tenebrous \TEN-uh-bruhs\ , adjective;
1. Dark; gloomy

Today is:
National Candy Corn Day
Buy a Doughnut Day
Mischief Night
International Bandanna Day
Zero Tasking Day
Haunted Refrigerator Night
did I mention it is
Buy a Doughnut Day

Old 10-30-2009, 08:50 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,692,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Just a reminder 2 more days till the clocks get turned back !!

Yay the weekend is almost here, it should be an interesting one here in NE FL It is the big Gator Bowl FL-GA game weekend . Fans have been arriving since Monday Big big party atmosphere going on downtown.

So lets get the weekend off to a fun start with

Today's Question(s):

If given the chance, would you spend the night in a "haunted house" ? Maybe.

If you were spending the night somewhere and it was mentioned that folks have seen "ghosts" would you be able to fall asleep easily !!! ? It takes me awhile to fall asleep as it is so I guess my answer is No.

Bonus Question:

Come on,how hard is to use a hankie or tissue when blowing your nose________________?

Extra Credit Question:

Is there anything in your fridge that you might consider "scary" or "unusual" ? NO

Today in History:
1938 - Orson Welles panics a nation with broadcast of "War of the Worlds" The show was set up as a music program interrupted by news bulletins saying that Martians had landed near Princeton, New Jersey. Though a disclaimer was broadcast several times throughout the hour long program, most listeners did not pay attention. Even the newspaper program guides printed the warning. Nobody ever found out why thousands of people believed the science-fiction drama.
1952 - Clarence Birdseye sells 1st frozen peas

Word of the Day:

1. Dark; gloomy

Today is:
National Candy Corn Day - No thanks
Buy a Doughnut Day - Sounds good to me.
Mischief Night - Not here
Zero Tasking Day - Ok
did I mention it is
Buy a Doughnut Day
Have a good day!

Old 10-30-2009, 09:49 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,018,330 times
Today's Question(s):

If given the chance, would you spend the night in a "haunted house" ? This doesn't interest me at all.

If you were spending the night somewhere and it was mentioned that folks have seen "ghosts" would you be able to fall asleep easily !!! ? I don't fall asleep easily anywhere

Bonus Question:

Come on,how hard is to _stay off the phone until you can park your car? ?

Extra Credit Question:

Is there anything in your fridge that you might consider "scary" or "unusual" ? Sometimes when I clean it out.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:52 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,607,255 times
Is there any wine in the haunted house?

Yup. Two glasses of wine and I'd be sound asleep - even through the rattling of chains.

Come on,how hard is to _________________?
Put a new roll of tissue in the bathroom?

Just the fact that there is no light in the freezer. I don't get it. We can put a man on the moon, but we can'[t put a light in the freezer compartment.

The only thing tenebrous in my house is the freezer. When are the geniuses that design new and improve3d freezers going to put a light in them?

Old 10-30-2009, 09:55 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,449,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Happy Friday Everybody!

Today's Question(s):

If given the chance, would you spend the night in a "haunted house" ? No. I don't believe in that hooey nonsense.

If you were spending the night somewhere and it was mentioned that folks have seen "ghosts" would you be able to fall asleep easily !!! ? Yes. See above answer. lol

Bonus Question:

Come on,how hard is to _________________? You mean how hard is IT to.... do the right thing?

Extra Credit Question:
Is there anything in your fridge that you might consider "scary" or "unusual" ? No. Since I've not had my kitchen in 5 weeks, it's near empty, save for some condiments, 1/2 and 1/2, and iced tea.

Today in History:
1952 - Clarence Birdseye sells 1st frozen peas

Word of the Day:
1. Dark; gloomy I like this word Karla, thanks!

Today is:
National Candy Corn Day
Buy a Doughnut Day
Mischief Night
Zero Tasking Day
did I mention it is
Buy a Doughnut Day

Old 10-30-2009, 09:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
I see I am not the only one here who has toilet paper problems !!!

I wish they made a sign to hang in the bathroom

"If you don't want a cold shoulder put the TP on the holder "

Hey Alice our freezer has a light

Old 10-30-2009, 10:07 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times

GOOD MORNING.....Peeps !!!
Just ONE more day till candy time......wOO hOO !!!
I got a really good idea yesterday, after going to Costco and buying candy for tomorrow.....that I told my dhb that I have decided this year for every piece of candy I get to give out, I get to eat one....
and are neighborhood is so fULL of kids!! Yes...!!!!!

Today's Question(s):

If given the chance, would you spend the night in a
"haunted house" ?
.....I ABSOLUTELY know without a shadow of doubt.........!!!!

I don't think so,....

besides me being somewhere there are ghost !!!

Bonus Question:

Come on, how hard is to having fun & being ? Instead of being tenebrous!!!!!

Extra Credit Question:
Yes, but I took it out last night.....it was a cucumber that, well, lets just say it didn't resemble one......

Today is:
National Candy Corn Day...............Yay, for candy corn!!!
Buy a Doughnut Day.... done deal!
Mischief Night...........
Zero Tasking Day...........................................!!!!
Haunted Refrigerator Night....................see above in extra credit question!!!
did I mention it is, Buy a Doughnut Day.....................Yes, you did....but I love hearing those sweet words again.....

....It's Friddddaaaayyyyy, which is the day before the Saturday, which means it is just one more day till candy, candy, candy!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY & WEEKEND!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:14 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,002,874 times
Today's Question(s):

It depends on who I get to spend the night with.

I would not have any harder time falling asleep than usual.

Bonus Question:

Come on,how hard is to park betwen the lines in a parking lot ?

Extra Credit Question:

There very possibly could be. I have not been home for 5 weeks. Can't remember if I dumped all the potential science projects before heading out of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics